Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 05:18 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,533,364 times

Advertisements

To the OP........ROFL.....I'd say it's been the other way around for the past decade or more!

OR did you already forget King George declaring Freedom Fries and Freedom Toast as our new national dishes!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2011, 05:30 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,541,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
To the OP........ROFL.....I'd say it's been the other way around for the past decade or more!

OR did you already forget King George declaring Freedom Fries and Freedom Toast as our new national dishes!
My personal hatred of France started in 1995, long before GW Bush. The time since then they have only validated my feelings and opinion of them.

Old 05-17-2011, 05:43 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,462,250 times
Since the French revolution, the French have never been allies with the US. In fact, our very first foreign war was with France.

Old 05-17-2011, 05:47 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,191,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
French food sucks! I had much better food in Spain, Italy, and Greece. As for their wine, I'll put some California, Spanish, and Italian wines up against ones in France.
Ya just can't beat those good ole Freedom Fries!

Old 05-17-2011, 05:48 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,191,559 times
Quote:
My personal hatred of France started in 1995, long before GW Bush. The time since then they have only validated my feelings and opinion of them.
If hatred is what you dig, denn enjoy yourself!

Old 05-17-2011, 06:32 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,399,593 times
Quote:
French food sucks! I had much better food in Spain, Italy, and Greece. As for their wine, I'll put some California, Spanish, and Italian wines up against ones in France.
When I was in Paris in 1973 visiting a family member I was quite surprised when she told me the national meal in France was steak and fries.

Old 05-17-2011, 07:21 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,330,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Since the French revolution, the French have never been allies with the US. In fact, our very first foreign war was with France.
yeah they helped defeat the british navy and fought along side you during The American Revolutionary War
Benjamin Franklin had been in France for over a year before France decided to join the war. The surrender at Saratoga prompted the French, who had already given much covert help to the Americans, to openly enter the war as an American ally. The rupture came in March when British ambassador Lord Stormont was recalled from Paris, but since neither fleet was ready for service, actual hostilities did not begin until July.

from wikipedia

then france got what is now quebec and part of Canada and Canada was under britsh rule and still is part of the commonwealth heck our money still has the queen on it but yet Canada and the US have been allies for over 200 years.

the US needed the french and spanish navy to take on the massive british fleet remember it was 1778

Old 05-17-2011, 07:26 PM

2,200 posts, read 4,424,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
yeah they helped defeat the british navy and fought along side you during The American Revolutionary War
Benjamin Franklin had been in France for over a year before France decided to join the war. The surrender at Saratoga prompted the French, who had already given much covert help to the Americans, to openly enter the war as an American ally. The rupture came in March when British ambassador Lord Stormont was recalled from Paris, but since neither fleet was ready for service, actual hostilities did not begin until July.

from wikipedia

then france got what is now quebec and part of Canada and Canada was under britsh rule and still is part of the commonwealth heck our money still has the queen on it but yet Canada and the US have been allies for over 200 years.

the US needed the french and spanish navy to take on the massive british fleet remember it was 1778
Right wing, anti-french nutjobs enjoy evading facts like this... of course their ideology is descended from pro-slave state ideologies which itself is descended from loyalist ideologies.

Old 05-17-2011, 07:27 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,330,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
You must remember that Europeans in general, and the French specifically, are much more sophisticated about matters sexual than we are here in the US. That's why many here, on these very forums, believe that we should emulate them.
More sophisticated? He's charged with attempted rape for God's sake. This isn't about sophisticated sexuality, unless you believe rape to be nothing more than sexual.

Old 05-17-2011, 07:33 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,330,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baxendale View Post
They're jealous of our cuisine, especially Boone's Farm wine and Kraft processed cheese.
do we really have our own cusine north america is pretty much an assortment of other countries dishes but we do have good BBQ ribs and steaks and seafood like lobster, crab and salmon and shrimp plus bet we have way more snack foods they could even imagine
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies