Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 02:52 PM

985 posts, read 1,854,588 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post

I was in Europe and I found it interesting that the Germans hate the English. They call them pasties.
Did you just make this up? The average German does not have a clue what a pasty is.

And no, the Germans do not hate the English.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2011, 03:52 PM

2,765 posts, read 2,793,856 times
I think the French don't know whether to like us or hate us. I think they are just confused by our stupidity.

Old 05-19-2011, 08:00 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,458,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geggo View Post
Did you just make this up? The average German does not have a clue what a pasty is.

And no, the Germans do not hate the English.
I agree, the Germans do not hate the English. They hate the French. The English hate the French too. In fact, just about every civilized nation on the face of the planet hates the French. So that would put the Germans in good company with the majority of the world.

Old 05-19-2011, 11:43 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,021,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
I agree, the Germans do not hate the English. They hate the French. The English hate the French too. In fact, just about every civilized nation on the face of the planet hates the French. So that would put the Germans in good company with the majority of the world.
Donc, tout le monde déteste les Français, mais aime la France

But, it's okay - we don't hate

Mais vous parlez comme un âne

Old 05-20-2011, 12:47 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,479,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
Do the French REALLY Consider America a Friend and Ally or Are They Just Using Us?
Is this a serious question?

[we are using each other]

Old 05-20-2011, 01:12 AM

985 posts, read 1,854,588 times
Quote:
No, the Germans don't hate the French either.

In fact, civilised nations/people do not hate.

Old 05-20-2011, 01:37 AM

1,160 posts, read 1,972,473 times
Ahhh, the Frenchies. Although I don't hate them (hating is a waste of time in my book) I can't say I like them either. A lót of them (and I mean not only the elite) seem to think that, simply because they were born French, they are somehow superior to the rest of us pitiful human beings. I know some French and though most of them are okay, they will always have this attitude of superiority. Especially towards us, poor little Belgians, they feel sublimely elevated .
Give me Germans or British people any day of the week.

And to answer the Op's question: they're merely jealous of the U.S.A. They cannot understand how a country with such barbaric moralities can rule the world .

Old 05-20-2011, 08:08 AM

14,247 posts, read 17,927,270 times
Quote:
Arrant nonsense

Old 05-20-2011, 08:09 AM

14,247 posts, read 17,927,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Donc, tout le monde déteste les Français, mais aime la France

But, it's okay - we don't hate

Mais vous parlez comme un âne
That is an outrageous insult to asses and donkeys everywhere

Old 05-20-2011, 08:20 AM

4,127 posts, read 5,068,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geggo View Post
No, the Germans don't hate the French either.

In fact, civilised nations/people do not hate.
What planet do YOU live on? It sounds like a great place but it isn't Earth.

I hate to break the news to you but one of the most obvious earmarks of any civilization is it's ability to wage war and create genocide from hatred.

I hear this kind of talk from Germans frequently. You may be fooling yourself into believing that Utopian nonsense but no one else. The world eye that has learned over 20 centuries to watch the Germans carefully, has not looked away just yet. Germans hate and are easily as biased as much or more than anyone else. They are good at covering it but the dragon always shows it's tail.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies