Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2011, 12:12 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
Get your head out of the sand -- every administration has a little "pay-to-play" in them. It's hardly a recent phenomenon.
Yeah, so because every other administration sells votes, this one is exempt because it only involved 1/6th of the nations economy..
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
As for AARP's endorsement, I don't see why they shouldn't have had a voice. The vast majority of retirees have children and grandchildren that could be impacted by the reform law.
And I have no say so in where my children or grandchildren live, what type of insurance they carry, who they work for, where they get an education, how much debt they have, what they do with their money, but somehow, you think this is different..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2011, 12:27 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,537,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Yeah, so because every other administration sells votes, this one is exempt because it only involved 1/6th of the nations economy....
Did I miss something? Does AARP have a vote in Congress??

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
And I have no say so in where my children or grandchildren live, what type of insurance they carry, who they work for, where they get an education, how much debt they have, what they do with their money, but somehow, you think this is different..
Of course not. So, do you not care whether or not they're able to obtain insurance, whether it be through an employer-sponsored plan or in the private market??

Old 05-20-2011, 12:44 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
Let me guess, you support the entire state of Nevada getting a waiver because Obama wanted to pay back Harry Reid for pushing the bill though too.

The means justify the end?

Old 05-20-2011, 12:45 PM

3,681 posts, read 6,275,166 times
The plot thickens.

» AARP’s Billion Dollar ObamaCare Windfall - Big Government

"According to this blockbuster report, released today by the House Ways and Means Committee, AARP’s support of ObamaCare and, specifically, the Medicare cuts was entirely rational and self-serving. The Committee found, after an 18 month investigation, that AARP stands to reap an extra billion dollars in profits from ObamaCare. (Yes, that is billion with a B.) Worse, this extra profit is largely BECAUSE of the Medicare cuts.
AARP’s members may face uncertainty over their future health care because of the cuts, but AARP faces certain windfall profits for itself."

Unreal: AARP to Receive Obamacare Waiver - Guy Benson

"AARP aided and abetted Democrats' efforts to inflict a disastrous bill on an unwilling public. They now stand to profit from the resulting law -- while simultaneously receiving convenient exemptions from provisions that may hurt their bottom line."

Old 05-20-2011, 12:59 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
In before Obamabots repeat: ....evey administration is pay to play....

Change we can believe in?

Old 05-20-2011, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Let me guess, you support the entire state of Nevada getting a waiver because Obama wanted to pay back Harry Reid for pushing the bill though too.

The means justify the end?
Actually, the bill does allow for states that create their own plans to obtain waivers.

Old 05-20-2011, 01:24 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maja View Post
The plot thickens.

» AARP’s Billion Dollar ObamaCare Windfall - Big Government

"According to this blockbuster report, released today by the House Ways and Means Committee, AARP’s support of ObamaCare and, specifically, the Medicare cuts was entirely rational and self-serving. The Committee found, after an 18 month investigation, that AARP stands to reap an extra billion dollars in profits from ObamaCare. (Yes, that is billion with a B.) Worse, this extra profit is largely BECAUSE of the Medicare cuts.
AARP’s members may face uncertainty over their future health care because of the cuts, but AARP faces certain windfall profits for itself."

Unreal: AARP to Receive Obamacare Waiver - Guy Benson

"AARP aided and abetted Democrats' efforts to inflict a disastrous bill on an unwilling public. They now stand to profit from the resulting law -- while simultaneously receiving convenient exemptions from provisions that may hurt their bottom line."
Only a fool would really beleive that 500 billion taken from medicare would not mean cuts i nservice.Look at the histroy in promise of more effciency savings in any bill congress has used to pass a bill on funding it thru the budget rules.The wavier really show that the healthcare bill is imore and more trouble everyday. that is what happens when you favor somethig based on promises from those writting it to get supoort.Loks lke the promises are being paoid now in the waviers for supporting it just as nelsen sold his vote for exception on medicaid cost startig in 2017 for his state.

Old 05-20-2011, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
In before Obamabots repeat: ....evey administration is pay to play....

Change we can believe in?
I never believed in the "change" mantra and found the kiddies running around yelling that during 2008 to be woefully naive. Unfortunately, no matter the administration, there is an adage that remains true: Crafting legislation is like making sausage -- you really don't want to know what goes into it.

Old 05-20-2011, 01:47 PM

27,144 posts, read 15,322,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
I agree, just another failed bash Obama thread,..

I find it odd that groups that supported the legislation while being debated are the same groups now applying for waivers to opt out of it.

Many of Obama's, Pelosi's, and Reid's "friends" are among them.

Very strange indeed.

It thought it was supposed to be great.

Maybe those that supported it feel they don't deserve it!?!

BTW, this is not new news to me.
I heard it a while back.

As a side note I have also applied for Personal Waiver for myself about three months ago.
Somehow I don't think I'll be approved.....haven't heard a thing yet.

Old 05-20-2011, 02:03 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,773,129 times
How long is the waiver for?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies