Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2011, 08:49 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,334,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
Good for her she unloaded the whole clip that's the way to do it. The only sad news is they did not report him as dead
Ouch! Ow! Ow! Ouch! Ow!

Quit that!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2011, 08:57 AM

4,272 posts, read 3,790,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
Don't ask me, I'm not a conservative, although if I had to guess I'd say that a conservative doesn't particularly care about a guy who broke in to a house and tried to rape a woman. I know that's how I feel.
You know how liberal lawyers react even though you are not a liberal. I assumed you knew how conservatives react to a potential client as well. That's what I get for assuming.

I agree that there will be some lawyer jumping in for the family of the man shot dead. But it's all about making a buck out of the deal. Whether one is liberal or conservative or Martian, everyone likes to make a buck if he sees the opportunity.

Old 05-22-2011, 09:24 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,646,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
Good for her! My bets are on the rapist being an illegal.

Interesting info about the .22. My husband has a Glock 9mm and there is no way that I can shoot that thing. I can barely even hold it steady, it's so heavy, and it has a horrible kick. We are trying to figure out a good gun for me since I'm small with tiny hands.

Wonder how she got to her gun if he was already grabbing her in the bedroom. Poor lady. It's very hard to deal with something like this even though the rest of us see it as a happy ending.

Let me know what you find. I am looking too.

Old 05-22-2011, 09:48 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,353,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
Good for her! My bets are on the rapist being an illegal.

Interesting info about the .22. My husband has a Glock 9mm and there is no way that I can shoot that thing. I can barely even hold it steady, it's so heavy, and it has a horrible kick. We are trying to figure out a good gun for me since I'm small with tiny hands.

Wonder how she got to her gun if he was already grabbing her in the bedroom. Poor lady. It's very hard to deal with something like this even though the rest of us see it as a happy ending.

S&W Bodyguard .380

Old 05-22-2011, 09:52 AM

52,692 posts, read 34,601,093 times
Hearing there's one less scumbag walking the planet is always good news
Used to be that a .32 caliber was a popular round for self defense, but those are getting scarcer than hen teeth anymore. Obviously the .22 worked just fine here tho it took multiple shots..

Old 05-22-2011, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Got the job done, didn't it?

A 22 bullet through anyone's face should slow him down...don't you think?

If a victim shoots ANY gun the attacker will think twice about continuing the attack.

Spoken like someone who knows absolutely nothing about firearms or defensive shooting.

Old 05-22-2011, 09:56 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,859,195 times
If you're a good shot you don't need a .45 especially if you're a woman and can't handle something like that. My wife carries a .22 and I don't care what people say, a .22 round to the head from 30' away is going to sting. Put 9 .22 rounds into a human and they're going down, if they don't then chances are a couple .45 rounds isn't going to be much different because they're so cracked out of their minds they don't care.

Old 05-22-2011, 09:58 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,334,283 times
Default Woman: ‘I shot him as much as I could'

Women!

Always apologizing for inadequacy.

Old 05-22-2011, 10:12 AM

3,197 posts, read 2,855,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
She ought to get a medal for it.

@WhoMe, I've read a few stories about people surviving .22 gunshots to the head. If I owned a gun for self defense, it'd be .45 or bust.

e: Keep an eye on this one though, I can already hear an opportunistic liberal lawyer driving as fast as he can to meet the family of the deceased so they can sue for "wrongful death" or some bull**** like that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMyTree View Post
Actually, the article clearly states he was found dead in the yard. He tried to escape and ran out of the house to the backyard.

But obviously all those .22 wounds were bleeding oy fairly well; so he dropped to the ground like the big bag a cr*p he was.

Well done! Love stories like this. This women definitely deserves a medal!
Why? I'm glad she killed the guy and wasn't raped but are we going to give a medal to every citizen who defends themselves? How about giving a medal to every citizen who called 911 and reports some illegal activity?

Last edited by CaseyB; 05-22-2011 at 01:10 PM.. Reason: he's gone, his posts removed

Old 05-22-2011, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
If you're a good shot you don't need a .45 especially if you're a woman and can't handle something like that. My wife carries a .22 and I don't care what people say, a .22 round to the head from 30' away is going to sting. Put 9 .22 rounds into a human and they're going down, if they don't then chances are a couple .45 rounds isn't going to be much different because they're so cracked out of their minds they don't care.

Rimfire firearms are the most finicky and malfunction more often than any larger centerfire firearms. Good luck to her if she ever needs to use that gun in self defense. Unless she can't physically handle anything with more punch carrying a .22 is ridiculous.
Also, shooting someone from 30' away is going to get you in an awful lot of trouble. How can you justify using deadly force at that distance? Unless the other person is shooting at you it would be very difficult to say that you were in imminent danger of serious bodily injury or death from someone 30' away from you. Most self defense shootings take place at distances of around 6 feet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies