Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2011, 01:16 PM

2,226 posts, read 2,103,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by flash3780 View Post
As I mentioned previously: If you dehumanize a child in a womb, then abortion becomes entirely legitimate. If you consider it to be a person, then it's hard to make the argument that you're not violating their rights by killing them.
My question would be why in the world would you actually "HUMANIZE" a single cell...or small group of cells....or a shrimp like bunch of further developed cells, all without any working or developed parts. If those cells are allowed to complete development and become an actual fetus that will then eventually become a more developed fetus that will eventually become human should all things happen correctly...then you can humanize it. Until then, and unless you yourself are a woman actually creating that human, you don't get a vote. Simple as that. You are just spouting opinion and unless you have had something inside your own personal body that is going from a single cell into a living breathing child and you have difficult decisions to make along the way.....your opinion is pretty much useless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2011, 01:17 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,758,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60sfemi View Post
It depends on your perspective. IF you believe a fetus is life, you will believe it to be murder. IF you believe a fetus is a bunch of undeveloped cells, yet to be formed into a human being by the mother making the decision based on circumstances only she she is aware of...not you....then obviously abortion if NOT murder. So clearly the government has no business in preventing anything. Besides the woman's right to privacy is already constitionally legal.
What about vialbility? Clearly Viability is much earlier since Roe. Clearly the constitutionality of the issue could easily change given a different set of facts. Earlier viability is a different set of facts.

Old 06-09-2011, 01:19 PM

1,040 posts, read 1,334,890 times
Quote:
My question would be why in the world would you actually "HUMANIZE" a single cell...or small group of cells....or a shrimp like bunch of further developed cells, all without any working or developed parts. If those cells are allowed to complete development and become an actual fetus that will then eventually become a more developed fetus that will eventually become human should all things happen correctly...then you can humanize it. Until then, and unless you yourself are a woman actually creating that human, you don't get a vote. Simple as that. You are just spouting opinion and unless you have had something inside your own personal body that is going from a single cell into a living breathing child and you have difficult decisions to make along the way.....your opinion is pretty much useless.
What are laws if not opinions. You obviously have a different opinion from my own. I believe that I understand your viewpoint: "Children aren't human until some particular stage of pregnancy."
I don't think you ever clarified when this transition happens, but from your statements, I assume that after that point you would oppose abortions?

Old 06-09-2011, 01:21 PM

18,391 posts, read 19,027,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
What about vialbility? Clearly Viability is much earlier since Roe. Clearly the constitutionality of the issue could easily change given a different set of facts. Earlier viability is a different set of facts.
women don't suddenly change their minds 7 or 8 months into a pregnancy and want abortions. when a pregnancy is close to viability abortions are only done for severe medical reasons. as I asked you in another post. try to get an appointment for an abortion at 7 or 8 months for the heck of it and see how impossible it is.

Old 06-09-2011, 01:22 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,052,566 times
Quote:
Who says I want a child? I just vote against dead babies.
You said women should carry to term because there are people out there that want babies.....they shouldn't have to spend a lot of money to adopt overseas.

Nevermind the fact that there are thousands of children in THIS country that need to be adopted......but they are not quite the size or style the prospective parents have in mind.

And FYI....a fetus is NOT a baby.

Old 06-09-2011, 01:22 PM

Quote:
The next time those particular cells grow into a shrimp, be sure to let us know........

Old 06-09-2011, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
women don't suddenly change their minds 7 or 8 months into a pregnancy and want abortions. when a pregnancy is close to viability abortions are only done for severe medical reasons. as I asked you in another post. try to get an appointment for an abortion at 7 or 8 months for the heck of it and see how impossible it is.

Clearly it isn't impossible, it happens. There is simply no law to prevent it. If there is please direct me towards it.

Old 06-09-2011, 01:25 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,325,718 times
Unless and until we know for a fact when life begins, the only humane thing to do is to give nascent life the benefit of the doubt. You don't have to abide any faith or attend any church to hold this position; this is a simple matter of ethics and of decency.

Old 06-09-2011, 01:27 PM

2,226 posts, read 2,103,670 times
Default correct

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
abortion is already legitimate! let me repeat what I have said again and again, women are not stupid. we know what abortion is. until a developing pregnancy can be viable outside the womb it really has no rights. a woman has the right to be in control of her own reproductive organs. simple as that.
It is as simple as that!

Old 06-09-2011, 01:30 PM

2,673 posts, read 3,249,249 times
Quote:
Who says I want a child? I just vote against dead babies.
Of course, because you aren't raising them, and you aren't the one who may have a car load of children that are living out of that car. Oh and then those compassionate souls screaming at the top of their lungs about babies being killed start screaming at the top of their lungs about the worthless poor people who won't work.

In my state, (OK) I've followed a case in recent news. Just yesterday a grotesque man was convicted of a whopping eight years for impregnating his 13 y/o foster daughter. She was 14 when she gave birth. How did this girl end up in this families foster care? She was raped by her biological father from the age of 9 to 11. How did he get caught? At the ripe old age of 11 she gave birth to her biological father's baby. It lived for a few hours. So, this CHRISTIAN family becomes her foster parents and the little girl is again raped and impregnated.

The religious freak got a whole eight year sentence and was bawling in court. Sorry, I have no sympathy. He can rot in that jail.

IMO, this child would have been better off to have had a first trimester abortion in both cases of her pregnancies, but especially the one when she was 11. An 11 year old body is not ready to bare a fetus. And yes, she gave birth to a baby that died within hours. (if I remember correctly) It didn't live long or was stillborn.

Likely, this child will never fully recover psychologically from the abuse she has taken from men and being impregnated twice by adult men. Where is your compassion for her? There are many young girls out there in the same damned spot. If you are so compassionate about children why don't you focus your energy on those who are here and who need an honest person who won't F'N impregnate them when they are still little girls????

Again, these MEN who are such staunch pro-lifers are NEVER going to be pregnant. Not now, not ever. It's not about saving the babies in most cases. If it were about saving children (as you call them) then you would be out there saving the little girls like the one I just mentioned, but you aren't are you?

Almost always it's tied to patriarchal beliefs based on religion where the man is the supreme being. Screw that! When men get pregnant then men have a say in pregnancy and abortion. Until then those men can shut up. They have zero power in this and that is what drives these guys crazy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies