Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2011, 01:39 PM

18,401 posts, read 19,031,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Clearly I made a typo, read the post more carefully!
lol, which posts? we have quite a few. my point is late term abortions are not done just because, but for severe medical reasons. I never suggested that they were not restricted from state to state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2011, 01:42 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,341,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
So.....we should force women to carry pregnancies and give birth in order to provide someone else with a child?

We need more "product" on the market.....so let's force women to provide infants against their will?

If this is your reasoning.....shouldn't women get PAID for providing this service?

Sounds pretty barbaric to me.

How many pro-lifers are against abortion simply because it would make it easier for THEM to obtain a child? More product on the market for them to choose from?

Disgusting.
^^Exactly.

Old 06-09-2011, 01:45 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,341,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
Unless and until we know for a fact when life begins, the only humane thing to do is to give nascent life the benefit of the doubt. You don't have to abide any faith or attend any church to hold this position; this is a simple matter of ethics and of decency.
In your opinion....

Old 06-09-2011, 01:45 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,760,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
lol, which posts? we have quite a few. my point is late term abortions are not done just because, but for severe medical reasons. I never suggested that they were not restricted from state to state.

Duh, the one you responded to!

Read your own posts, you said it was impossible!!!! Again you are wrong, in certain instances abortions are done just because. There are several states with zero restrictions and most have paper thin restrictions.

Old 06-09-2011, 01:47 PM

2,471 posts, read 4,020,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
No.

And if anti-abortion forces truly wanted to lower the abortion rate they would would three things. As Europe does with 1/3 the abortion rate.

1 Enact universal health care.
2. Make birth control free and available to all teenagers
3. Provide real sex eduction in Jr. High on up.

This would truly lower the rate.

But the right doesn't want that really....they love the ego boost from pointing fingers and being religious scolds.
excellent post and all true. especially number two.

morally i find abortion reprehensible except in certain cases. but politically i don't think the government has any business interfering. so ideally we could create a system which can significantly decrease the amount of abortions that are performed in this country without infringing on someone's rights. but most people would rather just throw bibles at people and threaten doctors than look for real solutions.

Old 06-09-2011, 01:58 PM

18,401 posts, read 19,031,744 times
Quote:
Duh, the one you responded to!

Read your own posts, you said it was impossible!!!! Again you are wrong, in certain instances abortions are done just because. There are several states with zero restrictions and most have paper thin restrictions.
I have responded to many of your posts, I don't hold typos against people so I don't know which one you meant.

I said it was impossible to get a late term abortion for funzies. yes early abortions can be done for any reasons what so ever even frivolous reasons. I have never said they couldn't be.

Old 06-09-2011, 02:03 PM

2,226 posts, read 2,103,962 times
Default viability

Quote:
What about vialbility? Clearly Viability is much earlier since Roe. Clearly the constitutionality of the issue could easily change given a different set of facts. Earlier viability is a different set of facts.
I'm personally saying viability is when a child it is in the developmental stage to sustain life on its own, others may say its viable following the "quickening", that moment when all the systems "turn on" because they have developed to the stage in which they at least run while inside the womans's womb. This quickening was considered the point of viability to the Catholic church forever (until it became politically inexpedient). It was when God breathed life and soul into the body of the fetus. Do you think the women of the sixties that got Roe vs passed actually didn't take viability into account. Earlier viability is NOT a different set of facts. The facts are the facts and have been since the 60's nothing has changed.

Late term abortions are hideous, but NEVER, NEVER are they given without serious issues having been found to consider them. And they are extremely rare in this country.

Old 06-09-2011, 02:06 PM

Quote:
I have responded to many of your posts, I don't hold typos against people so I don't know which one you meant.
See post 101

Quote:
I said it was impossible to get a late term abortion for funzies. yes early abortions can be done for any reasons what so ever even frivolous reasons. I have never said they couldn't be.

Late term abortions can be done in most states for whatever reason the woman wants. Please review the map.

Old 06-09-2011, 02:08 PM

2,226 posts, read 2,103,962 times
Default whaat???

Quote:
OK, so we no have you both agreeing that abortiopn should be illegal after viability. That is real progress. Too bad the rest of the left is resisting this minimal restriction with much gusto.
Not sure when I, nor when I read back the other poster, said that at all. Do enlighten.

I believe NO RESTRICTIONS, EVER, BY ANYONE FOR ANY REASON. It is only a WOMANS right to CHOOSE. So if there is still any confusion, that should clear it up.

Old 06-09-2011, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60sfemi View Post
I'm personally saying viability is when a child it is in the developmental stage to sustain life on its own, others may say its viable following the "quickening", that moment when all the systems "turn on" because they have developed to the stage in which they at least run while inside the womans's womb. This quickening was considered the point of viability to the Catholic church forever (until it became politically inexpedient). It was when God breathed life and soul into the body of the fetus. Do you think the women of the sixties that got Roe vs passed actually didn't take viability into account. Earlier viability is NOT a different set of facts. The facts are the facts and have been since the 60's nothing has changed.

Late term abortions are hideous, but NEVER, NEVER are they given without serious issues having been found to consider them. And they are extremely rare in this country.

You can describe vialbilty any way you wish, but the definition is when a baby can survive outside the mother.

Fetus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Clearly pro abortion folks do not care about vialbility, they refuse to outlaw them. Again, review the map abortions after viability are available in many states with no restrictions and in most states with paper thin restricitons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies