Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2012, 08:48 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,281,720 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
This is saying that child support is around $300 more a month than what it should be, in my view. You called it "extra" yourself.
Oh of course! When parents get divorced or break up then the one with primary custody should be the one footing the bills! How foolish of me to think otherwise *rolls eyes*.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2012, 08:49 AM

2,615 posts, read 5,400,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Heres something else to think about. Those poor girls knowing that they might have to raise a child without a father, might urge them to take contraception or keep their legs closed a little bit more often.

Have sex if you will, but there are consequences to go along with stupidity. And again, she still has options for abortions and adoption if she still doesn't want the child.
It takes two to tango, as they say.

22,768 posts, read 30,733,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
Oh of course! When parents get divorced or break up then the one with primary custody should be the one footing the bills! How foolish of me to think otherwise *rolls eyes*.
I agree with that, too.

Involuntary child support just encourages bad decisions, like divorce, or having kids you can't afford. These should be discouraged, not encouraged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
I agree with that, too.
Well imagine that.

Old 02-20-2012, 08:53 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,388,858 times
You people.

Both the man AND the woman are "to blame" for an unwanted pregnancy. So approving of a woman opting out of parenthood (getting an abortion, even if the father wants the child) and not approving of a man opting out is blaming the man more than the woman. So many of you are making this perfectly clear when you say things like "The man shouldn't have gotten her pregnant then". Yet, when someone says the WOMAN considering an abortion shouldn't have gotten pregnant, it's just so awful

Quote:
That IS how it should be. With rights come responsibilities; do we not at least agree on THAT? How would you feel if your kid was taken from you and you were ordered by a judge to give the person who took your kid away money?

18-year ransom installment plans, aye!

Old 02-20-2012, 08:55 AM

Quote:
You people.

Both the man AND the woman are "to blame" for an unwanted pregnancy. So approving of a woman opting out of parenthood (getting an abortion, even if the father wants the child) and not approving of a man opting out is blaming the man more than the woman. So many of you are making this perfectly clear when you say things like "The man shouldn't have gotten her pregnant then". Yet, when someone says the WOMAN considering an abortion shouldn't have gotten pregnant, it's just so awful

That IS how it should be. With rights come responsibilities; do we not at least agree on THAT? How would you feel if your kid was taken from you and you were ordered by a judge to give the person who took your kid away money?

18-year ransom installment plans, aye!
If the child is 'taken' from you then there is reasoning behind it my friend. And yes you still have a responsibility even if you lost them because it's of no fault to the child you are a moron.

Old 02-20-2012, 08:56 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonborn View Post
It takes two to tango, as they say.
Yes, and women get a choice beyond that day of "tango", the man doesn't.

That isn't equal rights.

Women have access to the morning after pill, abortions, and adoption. If the woman decides to keep the child, or if she decides to have an abortion, the man gets 0 say. Now, again, I am not saying a man should have the right to tell a woman she has to have an abortion, or can't get one. But I am saying that a woman shouldn't be able to tell a man he has to work 18 years for a child he doesn't want either.

Old 02-20-2012, 09:11 AM

2,615 posts, read 5,400,554 times
Quote:

That isn't equal rights.

Women have access to the morning after pill, abortions, and adoption. If the woman decides to keep the child, or if she decides to have an abortion, the man gets 0 say. Now, again, I am not saying a man should have the right to tell a woman she has to have an abortion, or can't get one. But I am saying that a woman shouldn't be able to tell a man he has to work 18 years for a child he doesn't want either.
They can choose to wear a condom and practice safe sex.

Old 02-20-2012, 09:13 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,388,858 times
Quote:
And yes you still have a responsibility even if you lost them because it's of no fault to the child you are a moron.
A. We just went over this, you and I. The child is not NECESSARILY going to suffer any adverse consequences just because his/her biological father isn't giving his/her mom money.

B. Why are we assuming that every man who loses custody of his child is a moron? Maybe the JUDGE was a moron, and the child and the father are BOTH paying the price for it?

Quote:

That isn't equal rights.
And you just need to stop telling it like it is altogether

Old 02-20-2012, 09:20 AM

Quote:
A. We just went over this, you and I. The child is not NECESSARILY going to suffer any adverse consequences just because his/her biological father isn't giving his/her mom money.

B. Why are we assuming that every man who loses custody of his child is a moron? Maybe the JUDGE was a moron, and the child and the father are BOTH paying the price for it?

And you just need to stop telling it like it is altogether
Doubtful since most often custody is decided before court comes into play,and when it goes to court joint custody is usually ordered, then i would say that's probably the case. Courts in the end want a stable life for the child, and are not apt to take rights away unless there is validity to it. So any parent who loses access to their child has given sufficient cause on why that should be the case. And as for your first point that is subjective to the person, and not for anyone to really determine for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies