Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2012, 10:23 PM

779 posts, read 537,981 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
Hey, if a straw-man can get the job done, why not? The question now is, are you gonna let him win?

So you are against abortion? If so, then at least you are consistent. But you could've told us that, since that's what the OP was on about...
Straw-men are useless and I'm guessing that you don't understand what one is, judging by your reply...

And uh, generally people who are for contraception are also pro-choice, including me.

That said, I think it would be AWESOME, if the man were included in the decision, and many times they are. Sometimes men even encourage abortion, and then sue later to try to save themselves a few bucks!

Man Sues Wife on Abortion Done Without His Knowing - NYTimes.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2012, 10:34 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,392,821 times
Last time I got pregnant, the man had plenty of choices...

He refused to use condoms. His choice.
I asked for him to pay for me to have a Norplant device, he made over $100,000 take home, I made $800 a month.
I ended up pregnant, we had been together for four years. He decided to break up with me.
I asked him to sign away his rights, I wanted him gone from my life, he choose not to sign the paperwork.
He asked for a DNA test, I refused, he got a court order.
He demanded visitation, I had no choice, it was court ordered.

I guess my only right would have been to have an abortion, because after that I had no say in anything, that is for sure.

Old 02-20-2012, 10:47 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,304,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chele123 View Post
Without an egg conception can not occur. Women should not have the right to force fatherhood on men. Many women do.
Then men should keep their sperm to themselves.
Got a problem with that, might want to study biology 101.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chele123 View Post
Maybe she should stop welcoming the sperm.
She's not welcoming the sperm, hopefully she's welcoming the sex.
Without sperm a woman cannot get pregnant.
The man supplies the sperm.
If he doesn't want the potentiality of being a parent, he needs to ensure that no sperm get to an egg.

Yes, it's basic biology.

Old 02-20-2012, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Perhaps a woman shouldn't spread her legs then?

I know I probably won't change anyones mind with the fact that this is unequal rights. I've proven my point, no one seems to care, which is fine by me if thats what y'all wish.

But if this is going to resort to "well he shouldn't have put his sperm into me", unless its rape, it takes two to tango. Pregnancy is what happens days later, depending on how long it takes the fertilized egg to implant into the womb wall, which is when pregnancy actually starts.
Let's see, I've brought up that biology doesn't care about rights.
Period.

You want to argue with biology, fine.

Old 02-20-2012, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheNameOfGod View Post
You make seem like men are just out to rape women. I see that in many cases woman have the last say in how far a courtship goes as in whether the couple will be having sex.

If a woman forces herself on a man, society turns a blind eye, but if a man forces himself on her he's going to prison for a while... so in that respect I believe woman do have the last say on whether sex can be had or not.
Tell me about these women forcing themselves on men.
Please, I'm very interested.

Old 02-20-2012, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
Yes, that's because people will laugh at the man if he reported being raped. Other men will just tell him that he probably enjoyed it or something like that. A sad reality.
Like men tell women, that they asked for it.
I don't think rape is funny in any respect.
Men do get raped and report it.

Old 02-21-2012, 05:00 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,398,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
Things never learn, don't they? I'm enjoying my life as a human being. And if I'm generalizing you people, because it's for fun.
Whoever told you you were a human being was lying to you.

You are really just a software program called Misogynysoft.

Old 02-21-2012, 05:01 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,169,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Last time I got pregnant, the man had plenty of choices...

He refused to use condoms. His choice.
You had the same choice. Many contraceptives exist that are in your control.
Quote:
I asked for him to pay for me to have a Norplant device, he made over $100,000 take home, I made $800 a month.
You had the same choice. The fact that you chose to make $800/month while he chose to make more is irrelevant.
Quote:
I ended up pregnant, we had been together for four years. He decided to break up with me.
You had the same choice. You could have broken up with him. A romantic relationship, whether a baby is involved or not, is exclusively mutual.
Quote:
I asked him to sign away his rights, I wanted him gone from my life, he choose not to sign the paperwork.
It sounds reasonable for a father to exercise his rights. You have the choice to sign away your rights as well.
Quote:
He asked for a DNA test, I refused, he got a court order.
It sounds reasonable for a father to exercise his rights. You have the choice to demand a DNA test as well.
Quote:
He demanded visitation, I had no choice, it was court ordered.
It sounds reasonable for a father to exercise his rights. You have the choice to demand visitation as well.
Quote:
I guess my only right would have been to have an abortion, because after that I had no say in anything, that is for sure.
This right should not be exclusive though. If you both want an abortion, fine. But as soon as one parent does not want the abortion, it should be off the table. It's his baby just as much as it is yours.

Old 02-21-2012, 05:11 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,398,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
a dead beat dad giving up his rights to the child is a wash at best. these sperm donors have already made it clear they want nothing to do with their offspring, seems a bit redundant to "release" him further from the situation
I think a child is probably better off without that type of father in their life anyway.

Any man who can walk away from supporting the wellbeing of his own child because his only concern is his wallet, is very poor role model anyway.

Perhaps itwould be kinder to the child to tell them their father is dead rather than have them realise their father is a self-absorbed irresponsible cheapskate.

Old 02-21-2012, 05:13 AM

779 posts, read 537,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
You had the same choice. Many contraceptives exist that are in your control.

You had the same choice. The fact that you chose to make $800/month while he chose to make more is irrelevant.

You had the same choice. You could have broken up with him. A romantic relationship, whether a baby is involved or not, is exclusively mutual.

It sounds reasonable for a father to exercise his rights. You have the choice to sign away your rights as well.

It sounds reasonable for a father to exercise his rights. You have the choice to demand a DNA test as well.

It sounds reasonable for a father to exercise his rights. You have the choice to demand visitation as well.

This right should not be exclusive though. If you both want an abortion, fine. But as soon as one parent does not want the abortion, it should be off the table. It's his baby just as much as it is yours.
Until he doesn't want to pay for it, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies