Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2015, 01:58 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,552 posts, read 16,542,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Facebook friends? Are you serious?

You can have thousands of "friends" on Facebook that you've never even seen or met.
Which is part of the point.

if you cant tolerate a facebook post, then how can you tolerate them in real life ????

Old 02-03-2015, 02:05 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,552 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Wrong. Latinos are far more numerous than Asians.

Asians, blacks and Latinos are overrepresented relative to their population percentages at leading California universities. Whites are underrepresented.

Of the three overrepresented groups, only one is equal to whites in academic merit (average SAT scores). That group is Asians. The other two groups score much lower.

Note that I equate SAT scores with academic merit because grading standards vary from school to school and from teacher to teacher. The SAT is the only available uniform standard of merit.

Even though whites and Asians are about equal in merit (Asians score higher than whites in quantitative aptitude and achievement, but whites score higher in verbal aptitude and achievement) there are about three times as many Asians as whites accepted to leading universities relative to their respective percentages of the California population.

The universities have done this so that they can claim to be more diverse (less white) than they would otherwise be.
Your argument went from 40% of accepted college students to "overrepresented" once i posted demographic information for Asian acceptance rates. A change in terminology doesnt change the fact that you were wrong.

Over represented by 3 to 4 points is not the same as 40%( which would be an over representation of 24 points)

And whites are underrepresented in those schools because of international students who make up more than 20% of the undergrads and happen to be from all over the world.

Old 02-03-2015, 02:27 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,314,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
I'm pleased it bothers you both so much.

How so?

Wouldn't you take into account SAFETY of a neighborhood? See, this harkens back to my very simple question I posed to you that you refused to answer. Now, would you rather live in a SAFE neighborhood or a CRIME RIDDEN neighborhood?
So diverse neighborhoods are unsafe and crime-ridden?

Old 02-03-2015, 02:28 PM

137 posts, read 144,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
I can answer that.

Unless we are talking about Asians mixing with whites.

Almost universally, yes.

Old 02-03-2015, 02:33 PM

1,603 posts, read 1,113,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goingforarip View Post
I can answer that.

Unless we are talking about Asians mixing with whites.

Almost universally, yes.
False.

Class determines the safety of a neighborhood, not racial demographics.

Old 02-03-2015, 02:34 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
What is it that you're not grasping? Now, why not answer the question once & for all instead of this constant p**sy footing around.

Old 02-03-2015, 02:35 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
LOL!! Nah, I just accept you for what you are online, and move on. You're just like most other libs.
Awesome? Thanks, I already knew that. Glad you agree.

Old 02-03-2015, 02:36 PM

50 posts, read 80,827 times
I know you have idiots like Bill Maher who whine about all the diversity then run home from his studio to his home in the hills of Beverly. Moore the fatass who calls American snipers cowards then runs with his seals body guards to his home behind his fortified doors. LOL The liberal is the same world wide, they love to tell you how to live then do the opposite of what they tell you to do.

Old 02-03-2015, 02:37 PM

137 posts, read 144,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veneficus View Post
False.

Class determines the safety of a neighborhood, not racial demographics.
That's the line you're supposed to say and believe.

It's not true.

Low class white neighborhoods around the US are very low crime neighborhoods.

Lower middle class black neighborhoods are often akin to a third world country in terms of crime.

Old 02-03-2015, 02:45 PM

1,603 posts, read 1,113,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goingforarip View Post
That's the line you're supposed to say and believe.

It's not true.

Low class white neighborhoods around the US are very low crime neighborhoods.

Lower middle class black neighborhoods are often akin to a third world country in terms of crime.
I live in a small (~100k pop.) Southern city.

We have almost all white rich in gated communities, mixed race upper middle class/professional type suburbs (where I live), mixed race middle/working class neighborhoods, mixed race lower/working poor class neighborhoods, an almost entirely black ghetto in the northwest, and entrenched almost entirely white rural poor a few minutes out.

Those last two groups account for almost all of our violent and drug related crime. Despite their differing skin color they're basically interchangeable in culture, outlook, and lifestyle. The other groups?

Everyone pretty much takes pride in their property and handles their own business just fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies