Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Have you ever had an abortion?
Yes 52 18.98%
No 89 32.48%
N/A- I'm a man & will never be pregnant. 133 48.54%
Voters: 274. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 12:49 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Spermicide Effectiveness - Spermicides

Tony, if I were you, or any young man for that matter, I would look into also using a spermicide along with a condom in the future {or at least until you are married}.

This way, YOU have more control. Just because a girl tells you she is on the pill.....that doesn't mean that she is, or that she is taking it correctly.

Like a condom, you will KNOW without doubt, that TWO forms of birth control are being used.....and you will be MUCH safer from having another unwanted pregnancy. IF there is another unplanned pregnancy, the girl may decide to have the baby, then you will be stuck with the consequences.

You don't have to depend on the girl to obtain it either. Take total control of your future, buy the spermicide yourself and make sure it is on hand when you may need it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
I second this advice, Tony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
^^ times three for the advise for tony
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony22 View Post
Thanks

You're the man from Seattle?

LOL! Hey Tony how many "Moms" do ya want???

Should I make it a fourth!....

Seriously, that's the BEST advice in life......Use birth control and always, before you do anything, have a cupcake.

BTW, have you called your mother?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2011, 01:14 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,514,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
The foster care system begs to differ.
If the foster care system and the government would get out of the way more kids would be adopted.

Foster Care's main goal is to reunite the family. I took foster care training. When you have foster children you can't do anything without the parent's permission. The birth parent has to give up their rights to the child before any adopting can happen. Children linger in the system for that reason and people who want to adopt linger as well, waiting.

Adopting an infant is problem free in contrast to adopting an older child.

Old 06-29-2011, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Can't rep you again but I have to say your posts have been awesome. Factual, logical, compassionate, understanding.
You're able to see things from other's positions in life without passing judgement or trying to impose your will on others.

It's a shame it's wasted on some who need it the most.....right over their head like a comet... I guess some people can't learn compassion or understanding, you either have it or you don't....
Where is the compassion for preborn babies? I don't call it compassion to tell a young girl to go get an abortion and all her problems will be solved. That is beyond naive.

I would like to see a poll on----Did you ever have a man coerce you into getting an abortion?

Actually, this pool isn't even right. A man is just as pregnant as his girlfriend. He just does not have to carry the baby but he is the father and he can't deny that. It's his baby and he can't deny that.

Old 06-29-2011, 01:26 PM

Hey Tony, how about keeping it in your pants until you find a girl you want to marry and have kids with? Is that so hard to do?

Old 06-29-2011, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Hey Tony, how about keeping it in your pants until you find a girl you want to marry and have kids with? Is that so hard to do?
Yes, ten thousand years of human history have proven that is indeed hard to do....except for the asexual and sexually unappealing ....who, of course, seem to think it's easy.

However, if you say "if" and "should" enough times I'm sure human nature will change....

Old 06-29-2011, 03:06 PM

770 posts, read 1,177,859 times
Quote:
You’re being completely ridiculous. There's nothing wrong with the whole abstinence before marriage thing and that's fine if you practice that but for most people it’s unrealistic. Stop telling people how to live their lives.
Do you realize that a large portion of abortions are done on married women? What do you suggest for them? Are they supposed to “keep it in their pants” also? Marriage won't solve the problem.

Last edited by luckynumber4; 06-29-2011 at 03:16 PM..

Old 06-29-2011, 03:16 PM

I'm not talking about human nature, I am talking about human intellect and the ability to control ourselves no matter how we feel at the moment. I give people more credit than you do.

Old 06-29-2011, 03:22 PM

Quote:
I'm not talking about human nature, I am talking about human intellect and the ability to control ourselves no matter how we feel at the moment. I give people more credit than you do.
No, you don't...you just have zero knowledge of history....humans have had intellect since the beginning of humans..and again you have no knowledge of human history or you wouldn't keep proclaiming how if people just quit having sex things would be fine....you can WISH people would change...it won't change anything.

I , and people like Tony, and other posters who tried to educate you and failed , deal in the real world where wishing doesn't work....it's for children....

Old 06-29-2011, 03:34 PM

Your real world and my real world are very different, I can see. I don't know many who think their emotions rule them and that's just the way it is.

I really do not want your education but sadly that is the kind our kids are now getting in school. Tony probably would not be in the mess he is in if he hadn't been taught that kind of thinking. Oh excuse me---he missed the bullet of that mess---yeah, right.

Learn nothing and live to repeat it. I don't know about you but I don't want these messes to be Tony's future.

Tony, you need to talk to your father. Fathers are the ones who teach men how to treat women. You don't use them and then leave them.

Old 06-29-2011, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Your real world and my real world are very different,""""

Of that, I am absolutely positive...

""I can see. I don't know many who think their emotions rule them and that's just the way it is.

I really do not want your education but sadly that is the kind our kids are now getting in school. Tony probably would not be in the mess he is in if he hadn't been taught that kind of thinking. Oh excuse me---he missed the bullet of that mess---yeah, right.

Learn nothing and live to repeat it. I don't know about you but I don't want these messes to be Tony's future.

Tony, you need to talk to your father. Fathers are the ones who teach men how to treat women. You don't use them and then leave them.
Good Gawd! What century do you come from.!?..the FATHER teaches his son how to treat women...???

How about this shocker... PARENTS, who are equallty responsible for their kids, teach their children to respect other human beings....one sex is NOT to be treated differently than another, BOTH should be treated with respect....as humans..

He did NOT use her and leave her and NO where did he EVER state that!

WHY do you keep making things up???

You seem oddly concerned about Tony (???)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies