Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2011, 12:28 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,955,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
If your referencing forest fires one of the reasons they are so devastating over the last few decades is because we have prevented fires over the last 100 years. There is a vast accumulation of fuel on the ground and this causes very hot and long fires that sterilize the forest floor. Forests fires are natural event and in the past before mans intervention they happened frequently. These fires would move quickly through a forest burning yp the little bit of fuel that accumulated since the last fire, actually quite beneficial and really essential to the health of a forest.
They don't get it.

We had the same problem in California year after year of fighting with the environmentalists over the issue. The Forestry service tried to implement controlled burns for underbrush and the like to reduce the chance of extremely powerful fires and each year it would get shot down by the environmentally challenged groups. So every so many years, California burns as if it were an uncontrollable fire ball and we lose countless homes, livestock, and people due to it. Such is the price for stupidity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2011, 12:40 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,799,372 times
"environmentally challenged groups" Good term for the feel good is better than being good crowd.

Old 06-20-2011, 12:42 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,799,372 times
As far as destroying the planet is concerned I suggest (using HAARP maybe) accelerated Plate Tectonics. It has repaved the place several times already.

Old 06-20-2011, 02:33 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,955,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
"environmentally challenged groups" Good term for the feel good is better than being good crowd.
I lived in California for over 30 years, was involved with Fish and Game, Forestry Service, and volunteered my time with them due to the fact that my friends parents all worked in them. I say "environmentally challenged" because these "environmental" groups have absolutely no clue about the environment. They think running around talking about how wonderful the environment equates to actually doing something practical and productive in protecting them and preserving them.

I never saw these "environmentalists" when I was doing work with these groups. I never saw these poor concerned groups out getting their hands dirty with doing anything productive concerning them. They congregate and harp about environmental causes, show up to the gatherings on the local university campus, talk about about they care and how much they know, but many of them are severely ignorant about the topics they claim to understand. Their solutions would cause all kinds of problems and half the time we were cleaning up after their stupidity.

I think what really got me was when I went with a clean up detail to a camp area that these loons camped at for a gathering and we had to pick up all of the garbage these fools left behind. They are pathetic narcissistic ignorant morons who know nothing about that which they speak.

They are... Environmentally challenged. /shrug
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies