Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 05:07 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,790,629 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
And speaking of ignorance....gays don't even know where to put their johnsons. Pretty rudimentary stuff, philly....
I guess that means straights don't either, since they put it in the wrong spot more than gays.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2011, 05:14 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,472,384 times
If they weren't advertising their sexual orientation, this wouldn't even be an issue.

Old 06-21-2011, 05:29 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,116,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
If they weren't advertising their sexual orientation, this wouldn't even be an issue.
Oh please. These guys were splashing each other, apparently one sat on the others knee, they hugged, and according to the suspended employee shared a kiss - although that's very much in dispute and has been denied by these mens' caretakers. I worked at a public pool for a long time (my first job starting at 15). I saw that kind of behavior from many, many, many couples - almost all heterosexual (gay people are much less likely to show affection in public out of fear). There's essentially no doubt in my mind had they been a straight couple, this pool employee wouldn't have said a thing.

Also, they're two mentally retarded men on a supervised day trip. I really doubt that they were trying to make some conscious political "advertising" of their sexual orientation.

Old 06-21-2011, 05:53 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,988,385 times
Quote:
BINGO we have a winner!

Old 06-21-2011, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Oh please. These guys were splashing each other, apparently one sat on the others knee, they hugged, and according to the suspended employee shared a kiss - although that's very much in dispute and has been denied by these mens' caretakers. I worked at a public pool for a long time (my first job starting at 15). I saw that kind of behavior from many, many, many couples - almost all heterosexual (gay people are much less likely to show affection in public out of fear). There's essentially no doubt in my mind had they been a straight couple, this pool employee wouldn't have said a thing.

Also, they're two mentally retarded men on a supervised day trip. I really doubt that they were trying to make some conscious political "advertising" of their sexual orientation.
You know what? Let's just be blunt about this o.k.?

I have been to pools where guys splash each other and jump on each others shoulders and horse around. If their actions were so "innocent" and innocuous as you claim them to be, tell me how the pool attendant would even have the slightest inkling of their sexual orientation if they were not advertising it. Furthermore if you don't want people using the "f" word to describe gays, don't use the "r" word to describe the developmentally disabled. And finally, if the guys are developmentally disabled, there is no way the guy would get fired for calling them on the carpet for being homosexual because there would be people coming out from everywhere to support them FIRST AND FOREMOST because of their disabilities (this wouldn't be an issue for the newspapers/media - which is nothing more than gay rights propaganda machinery in action) and NOT the fact that they're gay. If not for THAT the guy would probably still have his summer job. It's not as newsworthy to say two mentally challenged people (who are known to behave in inappropriate ways and are always forgiven for their behavior) tongued each other in a public pool.

Last edited by LuckyGem; 06-21-2011 at 06:06 PM..

Old 06-21-2011, 06:06 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,116,750 times
Quote:
You know what? Let's just be blunt about this o.k.?

I have been to pools where guys splash each other and jump on each others shoulders and horse around. If their actions were so "innocent" and innocuous as you claim them to be, tell me how the pool attendant would even have the slightest inkling of their sexual orientation if they were not advertising it.
Probably because they were hugging and being affectionate with each other - something lots of people do all the time in public and very often at public pools. If two guys are splashing each other and then hug, it's probably pretty safe to assume they're gay.

Having worked at a public pool from 15-22 (summer job), I witnessed thousands of kisses, hugs, horseplay in the pool leading to kisses and hugs, etc, etc, etc. People are often affectionate with each other in public - especially young heterosexual couples. Then throw the mental retardation on top of it all. I mentioned in an earlier post of when I was 16 I had to deal with 2 mentally retarded adults having full on sexual intercourse in the water.

Lets be blunt about this o.k.? The attendant threw these two out because they were gay and when doing so cited the Bible as justification. That the attendant told the caretakers gay people were not allowed in the pool and that they can be asked to leave because of the Bible is not in dispute. Had they been a man and women instead of two men, this wouldn't have happened.

Old 06-21-2011, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Probably because they were hugging and being affectionate with each other - something lots of people do all the time in public and very often at public pools. If two guys are splashing each other and then hug, it's probably pretty safe to assume they're gay.

Having worked at a public pool from 15-22 (summer job), I witnessed thousands of kisses, hugs, horseplay in the pool leading to kisses and hugs, etc, etc, etc. People are often affectionate with each other in public - especially young heterosexual couples. Then throw the mental retardation on top of it all. I mentioned in an early post of when I was 16 I had to deal with 2 mentally retarded adults having full on sexual intercourse in the water.

Lets be blunt about this o.k.? The attendant threw these two out because they were gay using the Bible as justification (that the attendant told the caretakers that's why they were being asked to leave is not in dispute). Had they been a man and women instead of two men, this wouldn't have happened.
No. This is just more propaganda for the "gay advocates" to blow their bullhorns and stamp their feet and demand to be recognized as normal. I don't give a flip what the guy quoted from the bible. It's got NOTHING to do with the two guys being GAY, because they're mentally challenged, it is HIGHLY unlikely those guys can even comprehend the gay movement let alone what they even did to deserve all of this attention. It's just another public event for gays to trumpet to the world "here I am"!

That's what this is all about.

Disgusting.

Old 06-21-2011, 06:19 PM

3,681 posts, read 6,280,264 times
Quote:

Lets be blunt about this o.k.? The attendant threw these two out because they were gay and when doing so cited the Bible as justification. That the attendant told the caretakers gay people were not allowed in the pool and that they can be asked to leave because of the Bible is not in dispute. Had they been a man and women instead of two men, this wouldn't have happened.

Lets be blunt. If the two people were showing inappropriate PDA, that is a problem. The pool attendant should have had them removed. If they were mentally challenged individuals, then their caregiver should have been supervising them better for safety, hygiene and socially acceptable behavior.

The fact that the pool attendant may have misspoken when having them removed is a secondary issue, for which it sounds like he has been reprimanded.

Now, everyone needs to get over it and the real issue dealt with and that is, better supervision of mentally challenged people needs to be provided at the pool.

Old 06-21-2011, 06:36 PM

3,736 posts, read 5,784,501 times
"PDA". That's a new term for me. Even where I'm from, ultra-repressed Mississippi (where you can't even say "sex"), the Idea that people expressing "affection" in public could be harmful or immoral is kinda foreign.

You mean 'affection' like "You may now kiss the Bride?" Or do you mean pawing of cleavage and skanky painted nails brushing over clearly-outlined 'woodage'? If it's the latter, then it's not 'Affection', but 'Sex'. The term for that would be 'Public Sex' (don't know what you'd call it in places where you can't say 'sex', though...).

Mouth-to-mouth kissing in public may be cringe-worthy (and unsanitary): but I fail to see how children could be damaged by seeing it. I mean, if it's OK to do it in public, as the big moment for the Holy Sacrament of Marriage....up in a Church...

In Denmark, before primitive people arrived in that once-wonderful country with their sexual hangups, people used to do "it" (you know..."go all the way") on public beaches, with mixed audiences. Not often... but sometimes to applause. The Danes are among the smartest and nicest people on the Planet. So, if they are cool with full-out sex-on-the-beach, then I don't see why we should get all bent out of shape over a little smooching.

For Heaven's sake! We're living on a dying planet. And most of the posters here are members of a race which is actively being wiped off the face of the (dying) Planet. And this is what you're worried about? Your entire race is about to be exterminated (as a prelude to wars/famines/irrevocable poisoning of the Planet leading to a Dead Earth) and you're worried about where 'Gays put their Johnsons', and whether your children see something 'nasty'?

Your children face the future possibility of being murdered, in horrific ways, by UN Troops, on "Peacekeeping Missions" in a war-torn future America. They may well be loaded onto boxcars, then shipped overseas, to be worked to death as slaves. And you're worried about minor issues of propriety?

As for the present, I have news: Your kids, even some in private schools, are exposed to horrific climates of bullying. Many schools are now like Concentration Camps, and the little inmates are having their minds irrevocably warped by rampaging psychopaths (about whom nothing will be done, if they're members of 'protected minorities' or are future or current 'football standouts'). And if sexual behavior is, indeed, harmful to witness, then please be aware that kids are seeing lots of it on Television...plain ol' Network Television. They'll see sex every single day...as toddlers...if they're allowed to watch the Soap Operas with the Nanny. I won't even touch the subject of what they're apt to see on Cable.

And frankly, I think it would be kinda nice to see that even people who are both Gay and retarded can know love. It might help little Perfect Princess Misty Michelle, in future years, to be able to put things into perspective, when she doesn't become Head Cheerleader, and so can't date the Star Football Quarterback. You know...as in.... What matters is Love: rather than having everything just exactly as it's 'supposed to be'.

Old 06-21-2011, 06:38 PM

3,849 posts, read 3,756,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
The only hypocrisy is in the make believe world you just made up. I think most people at a public pool would be disgusted by any couple grinding away in front of children. Let us not forget this also becomes a public health issue no different than urinating or deficating in a pool or a diver that hits his head and bloodies up the place.
Oh for Pete's sake! Did you even bother to read the article? These men were NOT "grinding away"! One of them sat on the other's knee and put his arm around his friend's shoulder. Having watched my sons and my brothers do the same, I'm unclear how that could be interpreted as "gay behavior" or even "inappropriate behavior". Is it really inappropriate for friends or fathers and sons or uncles and nephews to express affection?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies