Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 06:43 PM

3,849 posts, read 3,753,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
You kidding right? You don't think two people going at it in public is everyones business? Key word here is PUBLIC.
Gotta ask if you bothered to read the article, because these two men weren't "going at it" as you so colorfully put it. One of them sat on the other's knee and put and arm around the other's shoulder!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2011, 06:46 PM

3,681 posts, read 6,275,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandviewGloria View Post
"PDA". That's a new term for me. Even where I'm from, ultra-repressed Mississippi (where you can't even say "sex"), the Idea that people expressing "affection" in public could be harmful or immoral is kinda foreign.

You mean 'affection' like "You may now kiss the Bride?" Or do you mean pawing of cleavage and skanky painted nails brushing over clearly-outlined 'woodage'? If it's the latter, then it's not 'Affection', but 'Sex'. The term for that would be 'Public Sex' (don't know what you'd call it in places where you can't say 'sex', though...).

Mouth-to-mouth kissing in public may be cringe-worthy (and unsanitary): but I fail to see how children could be damaged by seeing it. I mean, if it's OK to do it in public, as the big moment for the Holy Sacrament of Marriage....up in a Church...

In Denmark, before primitive people arrived in that once-wonderful country with their sexual hangups, people used to do "it" (you know..."go all the way") on public beaches, with mixed audiences. Not often... but sometimes to applause. The Danes are among the smartest and nicest people on the Planet. So, if they are cool with full-out sex-on-the-beach, then I don't see why we should get all bent out of shape over a little smooching.

For Heaven's sake! We're living on a dying planet. And most of the posters here are members of a race which is actively being wiped off the face of the (dying) Planet. And this is what you're worried about? Your entire race is about to be exterminated (as a prelude to wars/famines/irrevocable poisoning of the Planet leading to a Dead Earth) and you're worried about where 'Gays put their Johnsons', and whether your children see something 'nasty'?

Your children face the future possibility of being murdered, in horrific ways, by UN Troops, on "Peacekeeping Missions" in a war-torn future America. They may well be loaded onto boxcars, then shipped overseas, to be worked to death as slaves. And you're worried about minor issues of propriety?

As for the present, I have news: Your kids, even some in private schools, are exposed to horrific climates of bullying. Many schools are now like Concentration Camps, and the little inmates are having their minds irrevocably warped by rampaging psychopaths (about whom nothing will be done, if they're members of 'protected minorities' or are future or current 'football standouts'). And if sexual behavior is, indeed, harmful to witness, then please be aware that kids are seeing lots of it on Television...plain ol' Network Television. They'll see sex every single day...as toddlers...if they're allowed to watch the Soap Operas with the Nanny. I won't even touch the subject of what they're apt to see on Cable.

And frankly, I think it would be kinda nice to see that even people who are both Gay and retarded can know love. It might help little Perfect Princess Misty Michelle, in future years, to be able to put things into perspective, when she doesn't become Head Cheerleader, and so can't date the Star Football Quarterback. You know...as in.... What matters is Love: rather than having everything just exactly as it's 'supposed to be'.
Oh please. First of all, many people don't care what they do in Denmark. This is America and we don't have sex on the beach except as a drink in a cheesy bar. Secondly, the line that we may all die tomorrow, so let's have at it today, was used years ago by my first boyfriend. Didn't work then and isn't working now. Third, not everyone plops their child down in front of a TV or even leaves their child with a Nanny, much as popular perception leaves us to believe. Finally, for those of us who have outgrown the Woodstock Days, Love and public sex are two entirely different things.

Old 06-21-2011, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
You sayin' in the south a hetro couple can grind, kissy face, and hug in public displays of affection? That won't fly here on a wedding day for that matter. Maybe in a church for a quick kiss and a hug, but not on the church steps. Here you might get that as a photo op but not for more than once if the cops are around.

I figured out what PDA was.
So you're saying a couple can't walk along hand in hand (or arm in arm) Or sit close enough to put an arm around the other, or lean in for a quick kiss and a hug? That those things are illegal in your state? Guess I won't be visiting your state any time soon.

Old 06-21-2011, 07:03 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,969,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMcQ LV View Post
So you're saying a couple can't walk along hand in hand (or arm in arm) Or sit close enough to put an arm around the other, or lean in for a quick kiss and a hug? That those things are illegal in your state? Guess I won't be visiting your state any time soon.
That's just fine by me... Yup you can get BUSTED here by the cops for PDA. Keep it private and what ever you do is yer bee's wax.

Once I got the hammer laid down by the cops on me, as I kissed a woman on church steps after someone else got hitched.

The cops said, 'There's a time and a place' as my warning. That was a peck on the cheek kiss too.

Old 06-21-2011, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
If they were showing PDA with underage kids nearby, I would have thrown them out too. I don't care who the hell you think you are and what your rights are. None of my kids are going to witness your perversion.
I guess it depends on the PDA. I mean, would two friends (or two brothers) hugging each other upon meeting be inappropriate? Not to me. How about a quick kiss, whether on the cheek or on the lips? That wouldn't bother me. How about greeting a family member one hasn't seen in a while? Sorry, but when my brother and his wife come to town, they both get hugs and kisses from this 61 year old gal and the same when they are leaving. Because if either of us were to die before they can visit again, I'd want them to remember that I love them.

Old 06-21-2011, 07:08 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
Quote:
Gotta ask if you bothered to read the article, because these two men weren't "going at it" as you so colorfully put it. One of them sat on the other's knee and put and arm around the other's shoulder!
Well as long as you are asking...my response wasn't directed at the OP but to another poster on another issue (a "don't look if you don't like it" comment)

Old 06-21-2011, 07:11 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,969,090 times
MSmcQ LV, and on you doorsteps or maybe a brief meeting at the air port, where either you expect a certain amout of privacy on the doorstep at your place or a brief peck and hug in the airport.

I get the idea there is some things missing in the artical. That it was a little more than one guy sitting on the other guys knee, and a quick hug passed with a kiss. That would be more or less missed by most people, and so some other carrying on is likely to have occured.

Old 06-21-2011, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
So you believe it's appropriate for children to witness strangers making out in public? Doesn't matter if they're gay or not. Obviously you have no children if you don't see why parents are protective of them.
Another who obviously has NOT read the article! Sheesh! They weren't "making out"! They were sitting near each other, one possibly on the other's knee and he put an arm around his friend's shoulders. And, like a few others have already asked, how did the lifeguard identify that the men were gay? I mean, sometimes friends like to show their friends that they care about them. Like when I give my sister-in-law a kiss and a hug when she and my brother leave my city after a visit.

Old 06-21-2011, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Oh please. These guys were splashing each other, apparently one sat on the others knee, they hugged, and according to the suspended employee shared a kiss - although that's very much in dispute and has been denied by these mens' caretakers. I worked at a public pool for a long time (my first job starting at 15). I saw that kind of behavior from many, many, many couples - almost all heterosexual (gay people are much less likely to show affection in public out of fear). There's essentially no doubt in my mind had they been a straight couple, this pool employee wouldn't have said a thing.

Also, they're two mentally retarded men on a supervised day trip. I really doubt that they were trying to make some conscious political "advertising" of their sexual orientation.
The two bolded sentences make the point I've been trying to make since I started posting in this thread - their behavior could as easily been two brothers, a couple of cousins or simply two friends. That the employee saw it as a gay couple shows nothing more than HIS homophobia.

Old 06-21-2011, 07:40 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
Quote:
The two bolded sentences make the point I've been trying to make since I started posting in this thread - their behavior could as easily been two brothers, a couple of cousins or simply two friends. That the employee saw it as a gay couple shows nothing more than HIS homophobia.
In the original thread it was stated that there were reports of "grinding". None of us were there to see what happened so the posts spin off in different directions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies