Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 12:33 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,036,241 times

Advertisements

The rich and corporate America can help solve our debt problems by financially supporting/giving generously to candidates who have experience in reigning in debt and who can roll over the spendaholics in an election. That doesn't mean "talkers" who want to reign in the debt but people who have actually done it before.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2011, 12:34 PM

2,514 posts, read 1,988,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
The rich and corporate America can help solve our debt problems by financially supporting/giving generously to candidates who have experience in reigning in debt and who can roll over the spendaholics in an election. That doesn't mean "talkers" who want to reign in the debt but people who have actually done it before.
What do you think that they have been doing from Reagan on?

The exact opposite. Supply side economics.

Old 07-15-2011, 12:57 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,024,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrgy View Post
Taxes? What taxes? GE paid NO taxes, made a nice $15 billion profit last year.
Where does GE get a lot of it's profits from?

War.

GE's CEO Jeff Immelt is singing to Obama:

"Your one, twice, three times a war monger and I love you.....

Last edited by pollyrobin; 09-13-2011 at 10:17 PM..

Old 07-18-2011, 12:26 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,328,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
So when do you all kick Obama out of office?

And I already talked about clawbacks on the guilty parties in the Federal Government and on Wall Street.

BUT that most certainly does NOT include everyone earning $250k and over. So, back off the hard-working upper-middle class, the job-providing small and medium business owners, and the profit-earning corporations that enrich their 401k and pension fund shareholders!
250K???? WTF are you talking about? You have not seen the movie have you? I'm talking about people who made over 30 million in a year! upper middle class! I'm not even thinking about them, I talking about multi-millionaires that don't own companies and made their money off of the backs of others! Obama is only the last of the stupid greedy presidents that either caused this or kept it going! When he is gone there will be someone else to pick up the slack. Don't get caught up in the bickering of the two parties, since they are in this together. Reagan started it by deregulating the banks and Obama kept it going by hiring the same clowns (greenspan, summers ect) that turned a blind eye on it in the first place.

I tell you what, watch the video and get back with me and let me know what you think

Old 07-18-2011, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60sfemi View Post
I'll never figure out why working class middle americans "protect and worship" the wealthy class. Its not as though they give a flying fig for you, or are doing anything to make your life any better. Yet these middle class right wingers continue to pander and protect, and pout over making sure the wealthy don't have to pay taxes. Even at a Clinton level when they were all doing so very well. It makes no sense to me.....but the wealthy are very amused.
Truthfully I never understood that either. They (the middle-class) have nothing in common with the multi-millionaires but yet defend them tooth and nail, not realizing that they are serious illness or a layoff from joining the ranks of the poor.

Old 07-18-2011, 01:34 PM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
250K???? WTF are you talking about? ...I'm talking about people who made over 30 million in a year!
Obama wants to increase taxes on those earning $250k per year. That's who Obama calls "the rich." $250k is a FAR CRY from $30 million.

Old 07-18-2011, 01:35 PM

6,484 posts, read 6,620,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin View Post
We already know you think the poor/middle class should sacrafice by giving up some benefits to social programs such as social security, medicare, medicaid, pell grants, heating assistance, housing assistance, etc.

In what ways should the rich and corporate america contribute?
Why do you think they should?

Old 07-19-2011, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post

Wow! An actual Dreamer! They are the ones who caused it

Old 07-19-2011, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Obama wants to increase taxes on those earning $250k per year. That's who Obama calls "the rich." $250k is a FAR CRY from $30 million.
I'm not talking about what Obama wants, Im talking about the really rich! Besides that partisan crap is a joke! the refuticans and the Dumbocrats are one and the same. If either one really wanted to prevent the housing crash it would not hae happened. #$@^#%^! both parties!

Last edited by simetime; 07-19-2011 at 10:28 AM..

Old 07-19-2011, 10:08 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,143,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrgy View Post
Taxes? What taxes? GE paid NO taxes, made a nice $15 billion profit last year.
Thats because of Obama, who gave GE a $3.2B tax credit in the stimulus bill. Lefties LOVE Obama, but moan and groan about what he's doing, while blaming others for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies