Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 10:05 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,926,138 times

Advertisements

I gotta say, I'm glad Beck left the 5 PM slot. Now there's an even better show on, and one who, thankfully, isn't a neo-con: John Stossel Him and Judge Napolitano are the only sane ones over at Fox that don't parrot the standard left-right paradigm
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2011, 10:34 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,259,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I gotta say, I'm glad Beck left the 5 PM slot. Now there's an even better show on, and one who, thankfully, isn't a neo-con: John Stossel Him and Judge Napolitano are the only sane ones over at Fox that don't parrot the standard left-right paradigm
Maybe you missed the fact that a Stossel show that had already been aired was going to be showed today. I hope you aren't too surprised when you see them with 5 of their people on Monday on a show called 5 at 5 in Beck's place.

I know these things because I watch Fox too much all day and see what they are saying. Also, i won't be watching that show since it can't compare to Beck. i will be watching Beck on his computer show for 2 hours each day. He says he can do so much more that Fox kept him from doing and until Obama finds a real way to keep him from doing what he can still do he will be better than now.

Old 07-01-2011, 10:40 PM

37,799 posts, read 41,000,307 times
Quote:
How would you know, it hasn't aired yet? It's like a four or five panel news show and supposedly it might be temporary. The "temporary" part got my attention. My first reaction is that they might be warming the spot until Megyn Kelly gets back from maternity leave.

That Stossel documentary that was on is just holiday filler until the new show starts.

"Fox News announced that it will replace Glenn Beck’s 5 p.m. show with an ensemble show of five Fox News personalities throughout the summer. The show, which will also feature guests, will be called ‘The Five."

http://www.politico.com/blogs/onmedi...oundtable.html

I believe I will join Roysoldboy watching Beck on the computer.

Old 07-01-2011, 10:43 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,833,527 times
Quote:
Ha Ha .. You've been busted!

Old 07-01-2011, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
Ha Ha .. You've been busted!
What the hell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
How would you know, it hasn't aired yet? It's like a four or five panel news show and supposedly it might be temporary. The "temporary" part got my attention. My first reaction is that they might be warming the spot until Megyn Kelly gets back from maternity leave.

That Stossel documentary that was on is just holiday filler until the new show starts.

"Fox News announced that it will replace Glenn Beck’s 5 p.m. show with an ensemble show of five Fox News personalities throughout the summer. The show, which will also feature guests, will be called ‘The Five."

Fox replaces Beck with roundtable - On Media - POLITICO.com

I believe I will join Roysoldboy watching Beck on the computer.
Oh my mistake. I saw the 5 PM showing today and went on foxnews.com and saw Stossel on the primetime line-up. And not the TV schedule, but the summary of who's on the channel

Old 07-02-2011, 12:08 AM

4,919 posts, read 4,833,527 times
Quote:
What the hell?
I was just being 'immature' on a late Friday night

Sometimes .. Even I can be an a$$.

Old 07-02-2011, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
I was just being 'immature' on a late Friday night

Sometimes .. Even I can be an a$$.
Ah ok, sometimes I can't tell between sarcasm and just being an a$$ . No that's ok though. I think I must have misread it, but I swear I thought I saw Stossel on the page that shows the permanent line-up

Old 07-02-2011, 09:45 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,851,014 times
Quote:
Now that Beck is gone to "No See TV", who is filling the spot? Stossel and Napolitano, is that some kind of pastry and ice cream combo ad?

Old 07-02-2011, 09:59 AM

24,397 posts, read 23,053,611 times
I have to wonder if that little quisling Michael Smerconish isn't kicking himself wishing he hadn't sold out in hopes of landing a job on MSNBC. But the way Lawrence Odonnell's ratings keep tanking maybe can land his slot at night.
Fox will find somebody and they'll still win the time slot. There just isn't any competition.

Old 07-02-2011, 01:18 PM

46,946 posts, read 25,976,294 times
Who the h.ll has time to watch TV at 5 PM?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies