Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 03:47 PM

5,984 posts, read 13,417,021 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
The gang of psychopaths who beat them up are probably an astroturf group paid by an evangelical or dominionist church to police the streets and keep it clean of gays. It's likely that this is not an accident but was contrived. They find these types of hostile people from half-way houses and provide them with money and training. It's called gang stalking, too.
Patently false. As an "evangelical" Christian, I've never known a single church -- not even of the Westboro Baptist ilk -- that would do something like that.

Furthermore, I'm outraged at what happened to those young men who were beaten. I'm a Christian, so I follow Christ's commands to love all, even people who are gay. Christian does not equal anti-gay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2011, 03:50 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,776,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northstar22 View Post
Christian does not equal anti-gay.
Unfortunately, while that should be the case, it doesn't manifest itself that way. No group is demonized more in this country by Evangelical/Fundamentalist Christians than gays.

Old 07-04-2011, 03:51 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
No excxuse, please do not make one, there is NONE. Punks is what they are, are we now suppose to beat up any one we disagree with, or don't like how they look too.

I'm sorry Gays don't have to prove a thing, to those straight bigots, that cannot put up with Gay people, it is one's own problem. Cowards are what they are, in a group, oh yes they are powerful, get them alone and it is a different story. Gay people are not the problem, the problem is those who cannot tolerate gay people at all, you have a problem. Get over it, Gays are here to stay, what are guys like this going to do, beat up every gay guy they see.

Old 07-04-2011, 03:54 PM

1,081 posts, read 916,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenDullesMJ12 View Post
It is quite common for soldiers and even marines to get beat up by black youth. Maybe our "boys" are not so tough as we think they are behind their advanced military hardware. In the real world, outside of bombing mud brick houses, they are not as tough as our poor, disadvantaged black men of color walking the streets.
Sounds like a challenge to me. Of course, then I'd have a thread about me beating up a poor weak momma's boy wouldn't I lol

Old 07-04-2011, 03:57 PM

5,984 posts, read 13,417,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Unfortunately, while that should be the case, it doesn't manifest itself that way. No group is demonized more in this country by Evangelical/Fundamentalist Christians than gays.
From a truly Christian perspective, that is a tragedy. The Bible does NOT call Christians to judge or condemn those outside of the church. Instead, we should show love and grace.

Also, not all evangelical Christians are fundamentalists . . . there is a difference between the two terms. For example, United Methodists are evangelical, but not fundamentalist.

Old 07-04-2011, 04:02 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel and The Dolphin View Post
Thanks for correcting me. Dang degenerates need to go back in their closet where they belong. Next thing will be women learning to read and coloreds using the same bathrooms as whites!
Or maybe they could simply stop committing crimes against nature.

Old 07-04-2011, 04:09 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,776,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Or maybe they could simply stop committing crimes against nature.
In order for it be a crime against nature, it would have to not exist in nature. And yet it does. You fail at logic, biology, and human decency. Congrats!

Old 07-04-2011, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Beat me to it. Clearly it was the gay guys' fault in this story that he had the audacity to be open about who is he. It couldn't possibly be the barbaric bigots that beat them that we should blame

Aside from the conservative stupidity in this thread, I do find it ironic that blacks are some of the most anti-gay people around.

Why do you find it ironic?

Old 07-04-2011, 04:18 PM

Quote:
It is quite common for soldiers and even marines to get beat up by black youth. Maybe our "boys" are not so tough as we think they are behind their advanced military hardware. In the real world, outside of bombing mud brick houses, they are not as tough as our poor, disadvantaged black men of color walking the streets.

Source?

Old 07-04-2011, 04:31 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,534,474 times
Quote:
That's because those animals attack in packs like cowards instead of one on one. If you had bothered to read the article you would see the soldiers were outnumbered and ambushed when they stepped outside.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies