Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Poll Removed
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 07:00 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,060,162 times

Advertisements

I was pretty angry that she was found not guilty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2011, 07:07 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,060,162 times
Casey Anthony should have been found guilty on all accounts. If you want equality, then women should take responsibilities of their own actions and face the same treatment as men.

Old 07-05-2011, 07:08 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,224,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
She is to me, and I'm sure many guys on here would tell you the same.
She's average on her best day.

Old 07-05-2011, 07:09 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,541,100 times
Nearly 5 (yes 5) children die each and every day due to abuse and neglect. Where is their nationally televised trial for their abusers? How many people who are so enthralled with the Casey Anthony trial have made it a point to help stem the tide of child abuse in this nation?

National Child Abuse Statistics | Childhelp

Last edited by calipoppy; 07-05-2011 at 07:24 PM..

Old 07-05-2011, 07:13 PM

2,673 posts, read 3,249,644 times
I've not followed this case much. What I can't figure out is why this case received sooooooooooo much media attention. Are there not innocent children getting murdered, abused, raped and/or neglected every day in this country.

Why the tunnel vision on this case?

Old 07-05-2011, 07:14 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,681,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
It annoys me that people will believe anything a prosecutor says and automatically assume someone is guilty just because the State said so. The point of a fair justice system is that everyone has a chance at their day in court, and everyone has a chance to prove their innocence or non-guilt. It's the State's job to determine, without a reasonable doubt, that the evidence links her to the crime. Tinpot dictatorships operate exactly how some people in this forum feel the case should have ended. Guilt without substantiated proof
I strongly agree with this. It's for these same reasons that I don't approve of newspapers publishing photos of people who have been arrested. They're being convicted by the public before they ever have a chance to present their case.

Old 07-05-2011, 07:22 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,864,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Nearly 5 (yes 5) child die each and every day due to abuse and neglect. Where is their nationally televised trial for their abusers? How many people who are so enthralled with the Casey Anthony trial have made it a point to help stem the tide of child abuse in this nation?

National Child Abuse Statistics | Childhelp

Like the majority you too have fallen into the trap of emotions.

There was NO evidence of child abuse in this case.

There was no evidence that a murder had occurred vs an accidental death.

There was NO evidence linking Casey to the death of her child.

The only certainty one can say is a child passed away. Everyone with no clue is quick to jump on the bandwagon and say the mother did it. after all the media says so., it must be true.

Thank goodness this jury used the rules of law and did their job, not caving into media pressures.

This was a case where people were able to watch and make up their own mind, yet the media was at every turn trying to force their opinion. I heard it as early as today when a local attorney said he was certain she would be found guilty.... Guess what. the jury looked at the evidence and ruled out emotion. This is the sort of jury I would want should I ever be in a court. They preformed at the highest level.

When I first posted on page one of this thread , right after the verdict. There has been a spew of people expressing dissatisfaction for this decision. with total disregard of the evidence. My facebook has exploded probably more than most since I live just a couple miles from the Anthony's.

For those that want to allow circumstantial evidence to rule you will be killing many innocents with that path. I have no idea if Caley was murdered. I also have no idea is Casey had something to do with it. many have opinions but thankfully that isn't how we are judged in courts, and you should all feel fortunate for that.

Old 07-05-2011, 07:27 PM

2,965 posts, read 3,533,700 times
I didn't vote because there wasn't a neither option. She got off because the prosecution over tried the case.

Last edited by D-Towner; 07-05-2011 at 08:44 PM..

Old 07-05-2011, 07:29 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,864,651 times
This jury proved they would not cave to popular opinion but judge her only on the evidence presented... and it just wasn't there against her.

Looks had nothing to do with it and you underestimate this jury with the inference.

Old 07-05-2011, 07:29 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,541,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
Like the majority you too have fallen into the trap of emotions.

There was NO evidence of child abuse in this case.

There was no evidence that a murder had occurred vs an accidental death.

There was NO evidence linking Casey to the death of her child.

The only certainty one can say is a child passed away. Everyone with no clue is quick to jump on the bandwagon and say the mother did it. after all the media says so., it must be true.

Thank goodness this jury used the rules of law and did their job, not caving into media pressures.

This was a case where people were able to watch and make up their own mind, yet the media was at every turn trying to force their opinion. I heard it as early as today when a local attorney said he was certain she would be found guilty.... Guess what. the jury looked at the evidence and ruled out emotion. This is the sort of jury I would want should I ever be in a court. They preformed at the highest level.

When I first posted on page one of this thread , right after the verdict. There has been a spew of people expressing dissatisfaction for this decision. with total disregard of the evidence. My facebook has exploded probably more than most since I live just a couple miles from the Anthony's.

For those that want to allow circumstantial evidence to rule you will be killing many innocents with that path. I have no idea if Caley was murdered. I also have no idea is Casey had something to do with it. many have opinions but thankfully that isn't how we are judged in courts, and you should all feel fortunate for that.
I had no opinion either way of Casey Anthony's guilt or innocence in this specific case. I did not follow the trial, therefore, I have no judgement of the jury's verdict. My comment was directed at all of those people who were glued to the coverage of this trial like it was a spectator sport when there are so many other nameless, faceless child who meet the same fate as Caylee Anthony did whether it was at the hands of a parent, caretaker or a stranger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies