Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 12:58 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,186,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
So much for "not being about the color of your skin, or what your sexual orientation is."

We all know progressives are the most racist, sexist, bigoted group of people. This is just a shining example of them not being able to do anything BUT focus on race, orientation, etc.
See, here's the thing. For me, it's not about separating things based upon race, religion, sexuality, height, weight, etc. It's about humanizing the contributors of our society's past and present, painting the picture of who they are and what they did.

Or did you miss the part where I said:

Quote:
Thing is, their contributions should already be included in the history lessons. Now, they're just giving more backstory into the contributors.

Old 07-06-2011, 12:59 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,478,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackTheRipper View Post
Oh really? What about the contributions of Americans of European descent in our nation?

In History classes all they talk about is how European settlers came and made this country what it is today, and with the contributions of European immigrants in the 18th and 19th century (Irish and Italians etc).

C'mon don't make me laugh .
Teaching about Europeans, English, French.. isn't the same as RACE BASED TEACHING.... BLACK history. There's no WHITE history class, or WHITE history month.

Which is why I say kids should be taught about ANTHROPOLOGY.

Kids will see race if you teach them to. If you don't teach them to see contributions by race, but contributions as people they won't associate history with "groups of them" "groups of others" "they" are not like "us".

Then there's no reason to teach "gay history" "black history" "latino studies"...It only enhances discrimination.

Old 07-06-2011, 01:00 PM

898 posts, read 829,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senshi View Post
So we shouldn't learn about different religions either? Lets not talk about the Holocaust! Why did Anne Frank die in the Holocaust? With your logic you don't think that is important.

The hate coming from the bigots is absolutely hilarious.
This doesn't even have the beginning of a clear thought on your part. What does this have to do with anything other than your desire to call names and label anyone who disagrees with you a bigot?

Old 07-06-2011, 01:01 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,936,170 times
I have been reading about this on the Ca board. I don't really know what to say except:1-I am glad my kids are grown and my grandkids are in school in Fl or Texas and the others are out of school: 2-I am glad we are no longer part of the Ca scene I remember before the mid 1980s.

Nita

Old 07-06-2011, 01:01 PM

45,270 posts, read 26,526,559 times
Quote:
So we shouldn't learn about different religions either? Lets not talk about the Holocaust! Why did Anne Frank die in the Holocaust? With your logic you don't think that is important.

The hate coming from the bigots is absolutely hilarious.
Wouldn't that be the purview of the church, or perhaps something taught in the home?

You are for separation of church and state aren't you?

Old 07-06-2011, 01:02 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,936,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rita Mordio View Post
It's no different than including/naming/attributing contributions from any other minority group.
bull it's not!!!

Old 07-06-2011, 01:02 PM

396 posts, read 907,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomba View Post
This doesn't even have the beginning of a clear thought on your part. What does this have to do with anything other than your desire to call names and label anyone who disagrees with you a bigot?
Whoa not able to read and comprehend?

How is religion any different?

Hatred of gays is being bigoted. Sorry if the truth hurt.

Old 07-06-2011, 01:05 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,324,886 times
Quote:

Teach our children about how middle east and African cesspools Govt execute people for being gay.
Do you not understand that it is religion that causes those people to be against gays? If the Koran doesn't say, specifically, homosexual they surely teach it in their mosques.

Old 07-06-2011, 01:06 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,450,901 times
Can someone remind me why people raise families in California again?

Old 07-06-2011, 01:07 PM

396 posts, read 907,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Wouldn't that be the purview of the church, or perhaps something taught in the home?

You are for separation of church and state aren't you?
How is teaching someone was Jewish, and killed for being Jewish, separation of church and state?

It's a historical fact. Someone being gay is a historical fact. Oscar Wilde was gay for example. How is talking about that, and how it effected his life, such a big problem?

It's amazing that people wouldn't want our kids to have a full understanding of history.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies