Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 10:12 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,508,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Look this is not about your "Father Knows Best" childhood.

You want to solve this problem then give kids something to aspire to and something that can occupy their time in a positive fashion. Considering the other alternatives it's fairly low cost solution.

If you don't then just lock these kids up but keep in mind it cost over $22,000 a year to incarcerate them and chances are once they get in the criminal justice system THEY WILL STAY THERE.
Give them something to aspire to ? Like what ? Being president, a senator, a doctor, entrepeneur, sports star, actor, teacher, general ?

The problem isn't that once in prison violent criminals stay there. The problem is they get out, commit more crime, go to prison, get out, commit more crime, and on and on.

One of the few things I'd be willing to spend more money on is prisons.

Old 07-12-2011, 05:52 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,566,757 times
from Allen's list, I'd like to hear you try to defend this one Tropolis!
Two old men wanted the kids to move out of the driveway.

YouTube - ‪Horrifying racially motivated attack caught on tape-aryanrebel.wordpress.com‬‏

Old 07-13-2011, 12:03 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,112,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
go to this site and tell me how many of these stories make headlining news everywhere.

White Watch

Same thing as that link AllenDulles posted, except its a blog pointing out white crime that happens on a daily basis.
Not the same thing. Your link is racist.

Old 07-13-2011, 12:11 PM

Quote:
heres white on black terror that happened a few days ago, never heard anything nationally about it.

Black Man Takes Down Violent Neo-Nazi Skinhead With One Punch

A wonderful way to start off the week. Is this why violent whites fight in groups?

SPOKANE-- A neo-Nazi is in jail because he allegedly tried to pick a fight with the wrong man.

According to the Kootenai County Sheriff's Office, Daren C. Abbey, 28, is accused of verbally confronting and then assaulting Marlon L. Baker, a 46-year-old African American. It happened inside a Bayview, Idaho bar on July 3.

According to the Kootenai County Sheriff's Office, Baker was approached by Abbey. Investigators said Abbey began threatening to stab Baker if he would not leave Bayview. Investigators said Abbey said "blacks are not welcome here." After continued harassment, Baker left the bar and walked about 400 yards with Abbey following behind him yelling racial slurs.

Baker finally turned around and Abbey came at him. That's when investigators said Baker punched Abbey in the face once, knocking him down. Investigators said Baker was wearing a shirt that said "Spokane Boxing Club Champion". Investigators also said Abbey was intoxicated.

Investigators said Abbey is listed as a transient out of Coeur d'Alene. He has ties to California and Montana. Reports show Abbey had contact with police in Coeur d'Alene in 2004. He has multiple tattoos including swastikas and a thunderbolt. He also has a shaved head.

According to SPLC, Abbey was arrested and booked into jail on charges of battery, a misdemeanor, and felony malicious harassment. Officials said Baker was not injured and not charged.

Abbey was treated for a possible broken nose after being booked into the Kootenai County Jail.

Abbey is being held on $75,000 bond.

Totally different than a huge mob of blacks attacking a single or small group of whites. I'm not discounting this, b/c it shouldn't have happened, and that guy deserves whatever criminal charges he's getting, but you're comparing apples to oranges here. Try again.

Btw, I'm sure this has been addressed, but that list of links was posted wayyyyy earlier in this thread, it has probably been posted 5 times on this thread alone. All one has to do is a google search, then copy and paste the links of what comes up. It doesn't have to be a premade list from some racist website. I am more put off by the fact that you don't see a problem with the search results that come up when googling "mob attack"...all or most of the results lead to crimes committed by blacks. That should concern you more than the source of "the list."

Old 07-13-2011, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
The American solution to dealing with any crimiunal problem is LOCK PEOPLE UP AND PUT THEM IN JAIL...........................

Just remember that it cost over $22,000 a year on average to incarcerate somebody. Remember that the next time you me, and every other American fills out their state, and federal income tax forms or pays any other taxes associated with supporting the correctional system in this country. Thats about the average cost to send somebody at in-state tuition rates to a state university.

Also rememebr that most of the people you put in prision WILL GO BACK. So lets just LOCK THESE CRIMINALS UP AND PUT THEM IN JAIL. After all any attempt to do anything at considerably lower cost to keep somebody from being a criminal is just "PATHETIC".

So let's just put those tax dollars to work clothing, housing, feeding and supplying medical care to criminals.

LOCK THESE CRIMINALS UP! It's the American way!
And how do you propose we take care of this problem then? IMO, violent offenders are the ones who deserve to be in jail, not the non-violent ones. These ARE the violent criminals, so yes, the deserve to be locked up for their crimes. They'll just continue terrorizing people if they are released back into the streets.

Old 07-13-2011, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
Yes because I'm sure these kids were members of all the art and music programs at their schools.

Lol @ hobbies. So the government is now responsible for providing a hobby to each and every citizen?

How did I manage to not rob people when I was never in an after school program or even in school after age 15?
Exactly. And after school care is not provided after middle school...is it even provided in middle school these days? I don't know about you guys, but I got a job when I was 14 so that's what I did with my after school time. It just takes a little common sense to figure out what to do, no need for the gov't to provide the tools, so the post you're responding to is a total cop out any way you look at it. And although I've heard a lot of racket about "keep the arts in schools," I have yet to hear of a school system discontinuing it. Not saying it hasn't happened, but I don't think it's as widespread as it's made out to be.

Old 07-13-2011, 12:19 PM

Quote:
recent? that list that was posted had articles from the 90's, yet I have to make a recent list.

just go to whitewatch.info, thats updated daily with white crime on whites and others.
I seriously do not see why you think your link is acceptable and not a great example of racism. I might actually label you a racist if you keep defending it. Your link is just as bad as Stormfront or whatever crap you keep referencing.

Old 07-13-2011, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Actually, out in LA, many Hispanic gangs have gone and murdered African-Americans who were not in gangs. This stuff is already happening. I rarely hear about it.
However, gangs will be gangs. We're not talking about gang activity here.

Old 07-13-2011, 12:23 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
And how do you propose we take care of this problem then? IMO, violent offenders are the ones who deserve to be in jail, not the non-violent ones. These ARE the violent criminals, so yes, the deserve to be locked up for their crimes. They'll just continue terrorizing people if they are released back into the streets.

This!

Old 07-18-2011, 11:04 AM

810 posts, read 837,302 times
Another racial attack by a group of this. It occurred in a NYC subway system. The victim was told he was a "white, f----t".

I was beaten, taunted for being white, Bronx man says after subway attack

Quote:
A Bronx man was viciously assaulted and robbed on a subway train Sunday by four men who he says taunted him for being white.

Police confirmed they are investigating the assault and robbery of Jason Fordell, 29, but have not labeled it a hate crime.

They are seeking the four assailants, who fled the scene. A fifth passenger who police say spontaneously joined in the attack has been arrested.

"People started saying stupid little comments - cracker this, white boy this, f----t this," Fordell said. "I told them the only reason they were saying this is there was four of them and one of me."

"I had a whole lot of bleeding from my skull," he said. "My eye is swollen five different colors. There was blood in my urine. I have a footprint on my back and on the back of my neck."

The case is being investigated by detectives, but has not been assigned to the NYPD hate crimes task force because cops are unsure if the suspects were motivated by bias, sources said.
And on the article, a poll asks: Are race relations getting worse in NYC?

Quote:
Yes, violence like this is getting more common, especially on the trains.
62%

No, this is an isolated incident, race relations are pretty good in NYC.
8%

They can't get worse because they're already terrible.
24%

I don't know.
7%
Most New Yorkers know that the hood thugs get treated with kid gloves. Meanwhile they keep on becoming more brutal and hateful against anyone who isn't black.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies