Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 04:57 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,481,895 times

Advertisements

May they rest in peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2011, 04:59 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,830,486 times
Terrible! Who started that war in Afghanistan anyway?

Old 07-11-2011, 05:00 PM

45,235 posts, read 26,464,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Bush put a lot more troops in harms way and didn't provide a moral booster such as getting Osama as Obama did.
Bush and Obama are both responsible for many deaths that sadly had nothing to do with getting bin Laden.

The term "moral booster" is horribly crass when put in the context of all the death they both have caused.

Old 07-11-2011, 05:01 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,191,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
So the problem is Obama, not the war in Afghanistan and the soldiers' lives lost as a result. Got it.
That's what the weirdos believe.

Old 07-11-2011, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Bush and Obama are both responsible for many deaths that sadly had nothing to do with getting bin Laden.

The term "moral booster" is horribly crass when put in the context of all the death they both have caused.
I hate war too. I have two teenage sons. I just wish Bush never started those stupid, costly, fiascoes!

Old 07-11-2011, 05:05 PM

645 posts, read 1,965,098 times
There's a lot of ridiculousness going on in this thread. Iraq is/was a pointless war started by President Bush and his cronies. The reason why we're F---d in Afghanistan is because we focused on a pointless war in Iraq. The war in Afghanistan was lost before President Obama even took over the presidency. He had two options and neither one them were good; pull out or increase troops. He increased troops and of course if you increase troops casualties will increase too.

Old 07-11-2011, 05:16 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,243,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Hi MOgal,
so are you saying that Obama caused the increase in the war death-rate? If so, how?
Peace,
brian
OF COURSE Obama caused the increase in deaths in Afghanistan, by sending many more troops there.

It always amazes me that American Presidents pretend to be such religious, moral men, when in reality they are Mass Murders, and even worse, are committing mass murder of Americans for the PROFITS of the Military-Industrial War Machine. Mass murder for profit. Can't think of much worse a crime.

I truly wish there was a God, because this kind of criminal abuse of power deserves an eternity in the deepest layers of Hell. No just God would even put Obama and Bush in separate areas from Hitler and Idi Amin DaDa. While our Presidents are not EVER intelligent (Obama being about equally intellectual as the last Bush, who was significantly less intelligent than his father), I can't believe they are so incredibly stupid to believe the ridiculous crap about America being morally charged with policing the world, or "saving" abused populations by ravaging their nations with war.

I won't even talk about the crime of taking tax dollars from hard-working families like mine, and using them to fund mass murder for profit. Of all the reasons our federal government is one of the worst evils facing the American people today, this is the worst.

People have a fit when an tiny, insignificant amount of federal money is used to subsidize the ending of an unwanted pregnancy of a poor women, when I hear NOTHING about HUGE AMOUNTS of federal taxpayer dollars being used to mass murder both our own servicemen and women, as well as the citizens of other nations whose leaders we don't like. Our Offense Budget is so large it basically bankrupted the nation, while crushing our economy under the weight of endless taxation. We destroyed ourselves, for the worst reason in the world--world domination.

Old 07-11-2011, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
OF COURSE Obama caused the increase in deaths in Afghanistan, by sending many more troops there.

It always amazes me that American Presidents pretend to be such religious, moral men, when in reality they are Mass Murders, and even worse, are committing mass murder of Americans for the PROFITS of the Military-Industrial War Machine. Mass murder for profit. Can't think of much worse a crime.

I truly wish there was a God, because this kind of criminal abuse of power deserves an eternity in the deepest layers of Hell. No just God would even put Obama and Bush in separate areas from Hitler and Idi Amin DaDa. While our Presidents are not EVER intelligent (Obama being about equally intellectual as the last Bush, who was significantly less intelligent than his father), I can't believe they are so incredibly stupid to believe the ridiculous crap about America being morally charged with policing the world, or "saving" abused populations by ravaging their nations with war.

I won't even talk about the crime of taking tax dollars from hard-working families like mine, and using them to fund mass murder for profit. Of all the reasons our federal government is one of the worst evils facing the American people today, this is the worst.

People have a fit when an tiny, insignificant amount of federal money is used to subsidize the ending of an unwanted pregnancy of a poor women, when I hear NOTHING about HUGE AMOUNTS of federal taxpayer dollars being used to mass murder both our own servicemen and women, as well as the citizens of other nations whose leaders we don't like. Our Offense Budget is so large it basically bankrupted the nation, while crushing our economy under the weight of endless taxation. We destroyed ourselves, for the worst reason in the world--world domination.
Many "Christians" felt the Iraq war was god's will including Bush!
Quote:
Some 69 percent of conservative Christians favor military action against Baghdad; 10 percentage points more than the U.S. adult population as a whole.
Quote:
Conservative Christians Biggest Backers of Iraq War

Old 07-11-2011, 06:25 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,462,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Many "Christians" felt the Iraq war was god's will including Bush!

This is one conservative atheist that also supports taking out terrorist sponsoring governments. That included Afghanistan and Iraq, and still includes Iran and Syria.

With a Democrat as President, and considering Democrats are al Qaeda's greatest ally, we will obviously have to wait until a real American regains control of the White House before we finish the job.

Old 07-11-2011, 07:13 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,481,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
This is one conservative atheist that also supports taking out terrorist sponsoring governments. That included Afghanistan and Iraq, and still includes Iran and Syria.

With a Democrat as President, and considering Democrats are al Qaeda's greatest ally, we will obviously have to wait until a real American regains control of the White House before we finish the job.
What was the excuse during the first 7 - 8 years?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies