Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 08:02 PM

2,325 posts, read 5,515,418 times

Advertisements

The thing I find most "interesting" is the deafening silence from the anti-war groups. Obama STILL has the troops in Iraq, has ramped up the war in Afghanistan, and has started a third "undeclared" war in Libya but I haven't seen one sign, bumper sticker, or protest against his actions. Obama is looking more and more like Barack Bush to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2011, 08:06 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,033,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoisjongalt View Post
The thing I find most "interesting" is the deafening silence from the anti-war groups. Obama STILL has the troops in Iraq, has ramped up the war in Afghanistan, and has started a third "undeclared" war in Libya but I haven't seen one sign, bumper sticker, or protest against his actions. Obama is looking more and more like Barack Bush to me.
You have to remember who the anit war groups are. Bush=Bad and Obama=Good. That is their battle cry they're not really worried about wars as long as they can use it to their political gain is the main point. Quite pathetic.

Old 07-11-2011, 08:25 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,477,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
What was the excuse during the first 7 - 8 years?
The biggest problem with President Bush (43) is that he was more interested in getting reelected than winning the war. I cannot say I entirely blame him either. After all, he watched his father win decisively in the 1991 Gulf War and bring the troops home as quickly as possible, only to lose the election in 1992. Bush 41 did everything right, conducting the war as it should be while minimizing US casualties, and the American voter still turned on him for that POS Clinton.

Old 07-11-2011, 09:44 PM

593 posts, read 1,379,585 times
I hate the fact that we fought a second war in iraq. When i was groing up i was taught to get the job done right the first time. GHWB didnt kill saddam when he had the chance. Then, his son starts a new war based on WMD's that were never found. In fact, the focus should have been on Afghanistan and Saudi Arabia because thats where the terrorists came from. Obama just inherited the crap that GWBush was served up. I cant believe what some of the clowns on this forum have been spouting about the POTUS regardless of who it is. And, i got news for u, soldiers die in war. It's an unfortunate fact, but perhaps all of you can join the fight and do the job right.

Old 07-12-2011, 05:07 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,375,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
You have to remember who the anit war groups are. Bush=Bad and Obama=Good. That is their battle cry they're not really worried about wars as long as they can use it to their political gain is the main point. Quite pathetic.
Incorrect. I'm anti-war, and I am in no way "in favor" of Obama. (And no other party, whether democratic, republican or other, if they are supporting bellicose activities.)

And I think there are others who feel the same way. The problem is, people don't think about where their money is going! They just believe whatever they are told!

Peace,
brian

Old 07-12-2011, 05:22 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,408,289 times
Under Bush, it would've exceeded 3X that many. Also, Bush-Republicans lied to commit this country there in the first place. What a waste Pubs are.

Old 07-12-2011, 05:25 AM

2,125 posts, read 1,942,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
You are basically just making things up now. Most anti-war groups oppose Obama's perpetuation of the wars as much as they opposed Bush's initiation of them. Stop BSing and educate yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies