Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 02:20 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,463,080 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
You seriously believe that people are gay because of...Satan?
No.......

Just that it is a hard life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2011, 02:27 PM

14,916 posts, read 13,144,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tippinturtle View Post
Isn't that how it always is? These people will preach, judge, cast stones, spout utter filth & hatred over & over & when you decide to respond to it because quite frankly you're pissed & tired of ignorant rants, then they tell you that YOU are the intolerant & judgemental person? Amazing how they can spin it, isn't it?
Deceit and trickery is the modus operandi of the conservative Christian right.

They want to deny me my civil rights, suppress me via the force of law, call me an immoral demon possessed evil influence, and when I say "hey, that harms me," they have the nerve to brand me an intolerant hateful bigot. It's almost as delusional as claiming the mistreatment of gays (imprisoning them via sodomy laws, making it illegal for them to be school teachers, throwing them out of the house as teenagers, taking away their civil rights) is an expression of love rather than of hate

Last edited by hammertime33; 08-16-2011 at 02:39 PM..

Old 08-16-2011, 02:27 PM

455 posts, read 634,807 times
Anyone who campaigns in an overtly-religious way should be avoided at all costs.

ISSUES and ISSUES alone should be discussed.

Politics and Religion SHOULD NEVER mix........EVER !!

Old 08-16-2011, 02:29 PM

14,916 posts, read 13,144,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
One can always "take the high road" and let such drivel roll off their backs.
Taking away and denying my civil rights and using the force of law to repress me is hardly "drivel"

Old 08-16-2011, 02:30 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,463,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchman View Post
Anyone who campaigns in an overtly-religious way should be avoided at all costs.

ISSUES and ISSUES alone should be discussed.

Politics and Religion SHOULD NEVER mix........EVER !!
So, when they are asked questions about their beliefs...what do they say????

Just pass on the question??

Old 08-16-2011, 02:34 PM

253 posts, read 202,825 times
Quote:
One can always "take the high road" and let such drivel roll off their backs.
Sure & one can always refrain from the constant negativity towards them as well, right?
You know, people always say take the high road. I agree w/that sentiment wholeheartedly in most situations. However, when it's being thrown at you on a constant basis, you tend to get sick of it. I'm sure if you were in the same situation, you would understand. If one is going to say the filth they say, they shouldn't be surprised if they get a response to it.

Old 08-16-2011, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Deceit and trickery is the modus operandi of the conservative Christian right.

They want to deny me my civil rights, suppress me via the force of law, call me an immoral demon possessed evil influence, and when I say "hey, that harms me," they have the nerve to brand me an intolerant hateful bigot. It's almost as delusion as claiming the mistreatment of gays (imprisoning them via sodomy laws, making it illegal for them to be school teachers, throwing them out of the house as teenagers, taking away their civil rights) is an expression of love rather than of hate
And don't forget, you should just let all that roll off your back.

Old 08-16-2011, 02:59 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,255,889 times
Quote:
Sure & one can always refrain from the constant negativity towards them as well, right?
You know, people always say take the high road. I agree w/that sentiment wholeheartedly in most situations. However, when it's being thrown at you on a constant basis, you tend to get sick of it. I'm sure if you were in the same situation, you would understand. If one is going to say the filth they say, they shouldn't be surprised if they get a response to it.
Well, if you hang around the P&OC Forum very much, it WILL be thrown at you. There are two choices: 1) Consider the source and let it roll off your back. 2) If it bothers you that much stop hanging out in the P&OC Forum.

There ARE gays who participate in this forum who never let themselves get drawn down into that kind of brouhaha. I think those are the ones who realize that it's THE OTHER PERSON'S PROBLEM, not theirs.

Old 08-16-2011, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Well, if you hang around the P&OC Forum very much, it WILL be thrown at you. There are two choices: 1) Consider the source and let it roll off your back. 2) If it bothers you that much stop hanging out in the P&OC Forum.

There ARE gays who participate in this forum who never let themselves get drawn down into that kind of brouhaha. I think those are the ones who realize that it's THE OTHER PERSON'S PROBLEM, not theirs.
Well, I wasn't really talking 100% about just this particular venue. It can be seen & heard throughout the country on tv, the radio, in person, etc. What I can say though is do not criticize or be surprised when someone stands up for themselves & responds back to whoever is saying those things in the first place.

Old 08-16-2011, 03:10 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,255,889 times
Quote:
Well, I wasn't really talking 100% about just this particular venue. It can be seen & heard throughout the country on tv, the radio, in person, etc. What I can say though is do not criticize or be surprised when someone stands up for themselves & responds back to whoever is saying those things in the first place.
I'm NOT surprised by the outrage directed against Michelle Bachmann. My point is that your outrage doesn't do a damn thing to Michelle Bachmann--rage only hurts the person who dwells in rage and never moves beyond it. OK, go ahead and vent. But then, move on so your blood pressure can get back down to normal and all the "anger hormones" released by your rage can be metabolized and you can re-enter a state of calm.

Last edited by Cunucu Beach; 08-16-2011 at 03:37 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies