Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 01:37 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,827,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Floyd View Post
Another ridiculous aspect of our system, come campaign time, is the mud slinging and character attacks that inevitably occur. Both sides appear to be quite proficient at the slinging and certainly neither side can claim they aren't guilty of it.
Sometimes I feel we use that excuse a bit too much and consequently, it remains mudslinging promoting more of it as opposed to engaging in a debate and settling it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2011, 01:38 PM

286 posts, read 521,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Why do you insist on being obtuse? You know EXACTLY why this thread was created. Here's a hint: It has nothing to do with whining, and has everything to do with the apparent "relations reset" that your Messiah promised. How's that reset working out for you? Judging from this poll.....not too well.

You can continue to be obtuse, or you can open your eyes and admit you were fooled....and fooled badly in 2008. None of you have the guts to admit it...even though its crystal clear and right in front of your nose.
Ok, I admit it, as a liberal I’ve been pretty disappointed. I had thought we had elected a real Democrat, but he’s been treating the Repugs with far too much respect given the way they’ve reacted to his presidency. He’s tried so hard to be ‘everybody’s’ President that he’s forgotten that he’s a Democrat. I’m beginning to believe he has some deep seated need to be liked by everyone, to the detriment of our country.

Not closing Guantanamo, not pushing for single payer healthcare reform, offering cuts to SS and not our bloated defense spending, etc., etc. Is that what you mean by being ‘fooled’?

Btw, what do you fly?

Old 07-13-2011, 01:38 PM

2,549 posts, read 2,723,559 times
Quote:
Why do you insist on being obtuse? You know EXACTLY why this thread was created. Here's a hint: It has nothing to do with whining, and has everything to do with the apparent "relations reset" that your Messiah promised. How's that reset working out for you? Judging from this poll.....not too well.

You can continue to be obtuse, or you can open your eyes and admit you were fooled....and fooled badly in 2008. None of you have the guts to admit it...even though its crystal clear and right in front of your nose.
Meet the new boss...same as the old boss...

Old 07-13-2011, 01:40 PM

2,549 posts, read 2,723,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Sometimes I feel we use that excuse a bit too much and consequently, it remains mudslinging as opposed to engaging in a debate.
Well. it seems it's easier to attack someone's character than to propose real solutions to real problems. The latter takes much more energy, creativity and courage.

Old 07-13-2011, 01:42 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,952,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Quite the contrary.

According to you guys, he's a secret Muslim with an Al-Qaida membership card in his wallet. Guess not, huh?

Yes all of the muslims in the middle east got together and decided they needed to act like they hated him in order to hide the big conspiracy that he is one of them. Obama decided to bomb a few countries to make it look like he was a Christian Fundamentalist. It is all part of the big conspiracy.

Old 07-13-2011, 01:42 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,131,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Trolling, personal attacks are on topic, and answering questions that lead to the purpose of the thread is... irrelevant. I get it that you're incapable of answering and engaging in a discussion, the whole purpose of life appears to be parroting hatred against the President (and of course, anybody who disagrees with you).
There is no debate to be had. The poll numbers speak for themselves and completely backup my assertion. It simply does not matter "why." Further, if you read the article, you'll have the answer to your own question. It says why Arabs are pissed. Personally, I really could care less if your reading comprehension is shaky. It only embarrasses you, not me.

Old 07-13-2011, 01:47 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,470,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckg242 View Post
Obama's approval among Arabs plummets - UPI.com

Hope he's keeping an eye out for flying shoes.
I remember when Bush was POTUS, the GOP constantly said "Who cares" in regards to what the ME thought of us. Now it matters?

I can understand they may not like him too much, as he's been busy doing something Bush never could do: Track down and kill top level terrorists.

Old 07-13-2011, 01:48 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,340,314 times
No duh. He is responsible for the death of Bin Laden, who the Arabs revered.

Old 07-13-2011, 01:48 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,133,832 times
Quote:
Liberals...when will you admit that you were snookered in 2008? It seems that only you diehards aren't ready to face the music. Your Man Of Change isn't quite what the world thought he was. Are you last in line to admit this? Based on the OP...it sure looks like it.
Hmm, so Fascists...still think Obama is really an Mooooslim al-Qaeda mole hell-bent on destroying America from within?

Lots of Ayrabs seem to disagree. Of course, most of them are religious right wing loonies, so it only seems natural that they would dislike a centrist, secular socially liberal kind of guy.

Heh.

Old 07-13-2011, 01:50 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,133,832 times
Quote:

Let me translate this post out of narcissist-speak:

"Everybody that disagrees with me is stupid! Nyahhhhhh!"

Grow up. Seriously.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies