Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2011, 07:38 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Special rights? How about just the right to be self? Plenty of people get their knickers twisted in a wad on hearing of gay marriage.
Boomp there it is. Marriage is the sacred act of joining a man and a woman under God. It is and always has been a religious belief. You wrongly portray this is being "treated special". I'm sure you'll argue about the state now... head right on funky dude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtruth View Post
Do you realize you just justified bigotry against all Christians for the actions of not all Christians?

Do you realize you just outed yourself as a bigot?
Do you think she cares about anyone seeing what she (and her ilk) is all about? I'm certain she could care less, since she and her friends are playing to their own crowd.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2011, 07:54 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
How can one be a 'devout' Atheist? You REALLY REALLY REALLY don't believe in gods?

Regardless, you have to understand the psychology behind totalitarian leaders using Atheism to rule over people. Many people have a need to worship. They also have a need to be 'sheep', if you will, and form groups with similar beliefs. It makes us feel closer and more social. Certain leaders used this simple psychology to replace a fear of 'gods' with themselves, therefore they revered their leader as a god and were more willing to do as they said.

This has little to do with Atheism and more to do with human psychology and power. They are not killing in the name of Atheism, they do it to remain powerful. On the other hand, there have been MANY, MANY wars and conflicts that arose because someone decided their god told them to destroy.

I guess what it comes down to is that people are crazy, and people do bad things to gain power at the expense of others, religious or not.
Exactly right. Being an Athiest is no different than being a Christian from a herd psychology. We are all part of "our own click" if you will. There are 20-30k Christian sects (nobody knows exactly), so to label ALL CHRISTIANS for the acts of a few idiots is... idiotic!

This morning I said that Christians will be blamed for the massacre, cough. It doesn't take a social science major to see how the sheeple are being steered. I couldn't help it!

Progressives -- those self serving social engineers have the Christian religion in their sights. They'll take down Jews (remember May?), marriage, family and anything else that gets in the way of their new world order. Utopia requires a little thinning of the herd. They can't have anyone thinking on their own, it would be dangerous to the cause.

Old 07-25-2011, 08:03 PM

46,961 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
The beauty about our differing viewpoints is that only one of us will suffer for being wrong.
Do my eyes deceive me? Did somebody just visit history's dustpile of discarded arguments to pull out Pascal's Wager?

Old 07-25-2011, 08:09 PM

46,961 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
The Norway bomber has been identified by the local Keystone Cops as a "Christian fundamentalist" (still unconfirmed at this time) which the mainstream media dutifully inserted into the headlines of their pro-Islam/anti-Christian narrative.
This would be the guy whose manifesto contains the words "I am a supporter of a monocultural Christian Europe", right? You may now start arguing that he's not a true Scotsman.

Old 07-25-2011, 08:41 PM

785 posts, read 619,375 times
Quote:
Boomp there it is. Marriage is the sacred act of joining a man and a woman under God. It is and always has been a religious belief. You wrongly portray this is being "treated special". I'm sure you'll argue about the state now... head right on funky dude.

Do you think she cares about anyone seeing what she (and her ilk) is all about? I'm certain she could care less, since she and her friends are playing to their own crowd.
Of course not, I just like exposing her. Young ones and political independents see how truly hateful the left is, and they might start to doubt the "narrative" the MSM and the left puts out.

Old 07-25-2011, 10:11 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Quote:
Are you serious? Gee, maybe we should put all Christians in concentration camps. That'll really teach them a lesson.
Nah, they still wouldn't learn.
After all who would their Jesus hate? Other than gays, people who think differently from them, folks who have other belief systems, folks who have no belief system... there are not bounds to the hatred and pain caused by c's. Good thing it's not all of them.

And yes, c's committed the atrocities of the holocaust.
That doesn't mean that others want to do it to them. Funny how you fear having done to the c's what they've done to others.

Quote:
You only reinforce my assertion that people are hating for singular reasons.

May I remind you of Pekka Eric Auvinen, a devout athiest, who murdered 8 and woulded 10 in Finland a few years back. Tit for tat.

For every one, I'll give you ten.

Atheist Atrocities - two or three . net (http://www.twoorthree.net/2006/11/atheist_atrocit.html - broken link)

Atheism has been the cause of more sorrow, human atrocity and death, then from all religions combined. Joseph Stalin comes to mind.
Let's see, I'll raise you the crusades, the inquisition, the holocaust, what's going on in africa, Bush's war in the middle east, the murders in Norway, the denial of human rights in the US... all from c's.

Christianity has been the cause of more sorrow, human atrocity and death, then from all religions combined. Joseph Stalin comes to mind. And it continues.

Old 07-25-2011, 10:14 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
It's disturbing how the mainstream media have practically declared war against a certain group of peaceful Americans. If they slandered Jews or Muslims in the same manner as they do Christians would that be acceptable? Why the double-standard?

Liberals Launch Christian Witch Trials

Huffington Post - Crazed Christians, Two Lifesized Looney Tunes

Media Bias Against Conservative Christians

The Media and Hollywood War Against Christianity

Is The Media Bias Against Christians?
Well, you Christianized the Philippines and it only cost them 200,000 lives.

Democracy only mattered when those 200,000 were dead.

You now own a Christianized Philippines.

Yay!

Old 07-25-2011, 10:22 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Quote:
Marriage has been used as a way to transfer property. I guess that's the c way.
You'd be better off doing a little research on the history of marriage before your credibility gets shot.

History of Marriage
Marriage - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Steve, when you get divorced, do you go to the church or to the state?
That answers your question.

Last edited by chielgirl; 07-25-2011 at 10:51 PM..

Old 07-25-2011, 10:23 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,305,916 times
Anything that sells is the recipe in our country. Christian-bashing is like a hobby for some.

Old 07-25-2011, 10:35 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,511,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Nah, they still wouldn't learn.
After all who would their Jesus hate? Other than gays, people who think differently from them, folks who have other belief systems, folks who have no belief system... there are not bounds to the hatred and pain caused by c's. Good thing it's not all of them.

And yes, c's committed the atrocities of the holocaust.
That doesn't mean that others want to do it to them. Funny how you fear having done to the c's what they've done to others.

Let's see, I'll raise you the crusades, the inquisition, the holocaust, what's going on in africa, Bush's war in the middle east, the murders in Norway, the denial of human rights in the US... all from c's.

Christianity has been the cause of more sorrow, human atrocity and death, then from all religions combined. Joseph Stalin comes to mind. And it continues.

You forgot the hurricanes and tornadoes---why not include them?

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 07-28-2011 at 06:36 AM.. Reason: Please discuss the topic, not each other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies