Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2013, 07:39 AM

2,475 posts, read 2,076,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
So your problem here is? Our laws reject religion as the law of the land. Why do you keep scratching at this rash, if it's leading you nowhere? The people that landed here had some sort of religion? Yeah, AND? FYI - the people who were here before the people you PREFER, you know, the ones that landed here and usurped this land from its real owners? Those real owners of this land are the First Nations people, and THEY had a religion too. And?

Quote:
We already all know that your hopes and wishes are to turn this country into a theocracy, and we also know that you understand that this country was not intended to be a theocracy, and we also understand that you know the Constitution rejects the concept of theocracy in its entirety, And STILL you keep scratching at this crap like a dog with mange. There is no foundation for setting up a theocracy here, and it's really aggravating having to read useless, baseless arguments repeated over and over.
NO, I don't want a theocracy. You must be the one that I got the mange from. I've never stated there was a foundation to set up a theocracy. If you were able to actually comprehend anything you would realize that your putting words into my comments that never were there, but then that would give you nothing to ***** and whine about. Do think I care if you get "really aggravated"? If you would accept fact vs making things up, I wouldn't have to correct your ignorance of history.

Quote:
And I sure wish you would quit using acronyms like DoI, it drives me crazy.
Like I f'n care about what drives you crazy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2013, 11:07 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,735,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
NO, I don't want a theocracy. You must be the one that I got the mange from. I've never stated there was a foundation to set up a theocracy. If you were able to actually comprehend anything you would realize that your putting words into my comments that never were there, but then that would give you nothing to ***** and whine about. Do think I care if you get "really aggravated"? If you would accept fact vs making things up, I wouldn't have to correct your ignorance of history.

Like I f'n care about what drives you crazy!
Then why are you pushing for religious laws?

Old 04-05-2013, 01:59 PM

1,963 posts, read 1,823,482 times
Lots of judging in here by the righteous Christians...

Old 04-05-2013, 05:41 PM

2,475 posts, read 2,076,932 times
Quote:
Then why are you pushing for religious laws?
Please point out where I pushed for religious laws.

HINT: You can't because I haven't!

Old 04-05-2013, 06:25 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,920,399 times
this a difference between chrisitianphobia.. and christiansickandtiredof... just saying

Old 04-06-2013, 12:51 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,389,418 times
Quote:
Look, I understand how passionate you are about your religion. I even have come to realize that you are honest in your belief that it will save people left and right. (I don't believe it and millions don't either, but that's neither here nor there, you believe it, and that's what counts to you). I even think that although a great part of your desire to proselytize your religion has to do with a personality thing - a need to control others, I think there is a small part of you that thinks it's not so bad to control others because you're offering something that (to you) is "good." I get it. I know you think what you're doing is a good thing.

However, that same conviction about one's religion is what brought us the massacre of people in the Crusades, the massacre of people in The Inquisition, the massacre of people in The Holocaust, and many more massacres. There's only one small step between

THIS: "My religion is the true one and what you're practicing or doing is wrong in God's eyes,"

and THIS: denying non-believers their basic rights, thinking they are demons, slicing their throats, and burning them at the stake.
"With or without religion you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion" - Steve Weinberg

Old 04-06-2013, 01:07 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,329,746 times
Quote:
Okay, why is Einstein one of your favorites?
http://media-cache-ec2.pinterest.com...9864890f4b.jpg

Old 04-06-2013, 01:34 AM

29,219 posts, read 22,376,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchman01 View Post
For american liberals/leftists christianity is the enemy and treats it as such.
No, it's not.
There's a lot of money to be made by pumping up the fear, though.
And there are always a lot of people who are sure we are all going to hell in a hand basket and are ready to suck up all the fear they can stand.

Christianity has been around a lot longer than all of us, and when we are all dead and gone, it will still be around, doing just fine and dandy. And there will always be a bunch who thinks they are the only ones who are the correct Christians. There's nothing new about that either, as the Epistles of Paul so plainly show.

Trying to paint a political belief as the enemy is nothing new, either. It never works in the end, though... if it did, the Romans would still be worshipping Zeus.

Old 04-06-2013, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
Please point out where I pushed for religious laws.

HINT: You can't because I haven't!
You spent quite a while explaining to others and me that this country was founded on religious ideas, and this in response to people who were saying that U.S. evangelical Christianity was attempting to promote the legislation of religious laws.

NOW, let's examine that. Do you not actually believe that and were just wasting time and (as they say) "shooting the breeze?" Is discussion on here a mere exercise for you and you do it whether you believe something or not? Or do you really believe that this country was founded on religious ideas and that therefore defend those who say that religious laws should be the laws of this land?

Old 04-06-2013, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
"With or without religion you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion" - Steve Weinberg
Good quote!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies