Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2011, 07:23 PM

3,325 posts, read 3,170,849 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
for being born with a different trait? perhaps people born left handed or with blonde hair should go to.. and talk to the counselor about their pre life choice they made before they existed.
Again, please provide the study that makes this claim. You are entitled to your own "opinion", not your own "facts."

Old 07-29-2011, 07:23 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,112,361 times
Quote:
hmm, a study isn't needed. a study is needed when there isn't primary proof already, and there are primary sources called GAY PEOPLE. so you can ask us if you wish.
See my earlier post on WHY we do studies. You don't know much about science, do you?

I don't need to ask you or anyone else, I will never accept as fact any kind of talk about a "gene" or "trait" for homosexuality or that you're "born that way" until science proves it. Until then, stop getting so angry about it when all you have is conjecture.

Old 07-29-2011, 07:24 PM

1,615 posts, read 2,575,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchman01 View Post
"It is because I say it is" is probably the weakest argument of all.

um, not it's not. there are MILLIONS of gay people. scientists don't even QUESTION if it's a choice or not because there are millions of sources to ask on this question, they only question they're asking is HOW DOES IT HAPPEN. NOT if it's a choice. people don't commit suicide over having to deal with a trait if is chosen, they simply choose differently and their problem is gone. there would be no 'traumatic coming out'.

Old 07-29-2011, 07:26 PM

Quote:
homosexuality isn't an activity, it's a sexual orientation. that may or may not include sex and also may or may not include romantic love. it's completely involuntary. when hit puberty my initial 'crushes' were on those of the same gender at age 12.
He said "homosexual activity," not that being homosexual is an activity.

Old 07-29-2011, 07:28 PM

Quote:
um, not it's not. there are MILLIONS of gay people. scientists don't even QUESTION if it's a choice or not because there are millions of sources to ask on this question, they only question they're asking is HOW DOES IT HAPPEN. NOT if it's a choice. people don't commit suicide over having to deal with a trait if is chosen, they simply choose differently and their problem is gone. there would be no 'traumatic coming out'.
I'm sorry but your assertion is so very completely wrong.

Old 07-29-2011, 07:31 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,674,422 times
You'll never convince everybody that homosexuality is normal. It's probably best to accept this and move on. There are plenty of Americans who do accept it or don't care. Don't worry about the others.

Old 07-29-2011, 07:33 PM

Quote:
: smack:

Omigosh seriously, the claims on this thread are getting ridiculous to the point where I'm going to be laughing too hard to respond.

I don't even know how to address this. You MUST be kidding if you think scientists are not interested in the source of homosexuality. It's not a matter of just asking someone if they think it's a choice or if they're born that way. You are correct that they are asking "how does it happen?" HOWEVER that does not in any way mean they are taking as fact that it's not a choice. You really need to stop asserting that just b/c one says something is true that it is indeed true.

I don't know if you're aware but people make wrong decisions all the time. Ever heard of people saying they regret doing something? Ever heard of people wanting to overcome their vices but having a hard time doing so? Ever heard of "kicking the habit"? I guess not, since you think everything that is done by choice would be easy to stop doing. Obsessions, habits and addictions are not easy to break, for example. Just b/c one likes to bites one's nails does not mean they have some kind of trait (gene) that makes them do it and makes it unable to give up.

Oh, and people don't commit suicide over being gay. They commit suicide over being bullied and/or the emotions they experience due to the homosexuality. There is a big difference.

Old 07-29-2011, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
: smack:

Omigosh seriously, the claims on this thread are getting ridiculous to the point where I'm going to be laughing too hard to respond.

I don't even know how to address this. You MUST be kidding if you think scientists are not interested in the source of homosexuality. It's not a matter of just asking someone if they think it's a choice or if they're born that way. You are correct that they are asking "how does it happen?" HOWEVER that does not in any way mean they are taking as fact that it's not a choice. You really need to stop asserting that just b/c one says something is true that it is indeed true.

I don't know if you're aware but people make wrong decisions all the time. Ever heard of people saying they regret doing something? Ever heard of people wanting to overcome their vices but having a hard time doing so? Ever heard of "kicking the habit"? I guess not, since you think everything that is done by choice would be easy to stop doing. Obsessions, habits and addictions are not easy to break, for example. Just b/c one likes to bites one's nails does not mean they have some kind of trait (gene) that makes them do it and makes it unable to give up.
I thought that was an incredibility naive statement as well. I can only imagine the "gobs" of monies being spent on studies even as we speak. I only wish they could to keep the politics out of all of these studies.

Old 07-29-2011, 07:50 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,660,694 times
Quote:
homosexuality isn't an activity, it's a sexual orientation. that may or may not include sex and also may or may not include romantic love. it's completely involuntary. when hit puberty my initial 'crushes' were on those of the same gender at age 12.
In the 'Natural man' part of all of us....if we are not taught right from wrong...etc. we all can be led astray. I was tempted to steal as a child....but Thank My Lord...I knew not to. To resist that WRONG desire. When you do...it will finally leave.

Old 07-29-2011, 07:56 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,660,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
He said "homosexual activity," not that being homosexual is an activity.
Thanks for the obvious 'clarification,' Andrea. 'They' tend to ignore little things....like the clear statement I accurately made.

It's always,,,,,deflection...distortion, blah blah blah.
They really don't want.,..THE TRUTH.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies