Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2011, 02:58 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,814,595 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
I want you to try to follow me here. I feel like I am wasting my time otherwise. 2 weeks ago they added that little item. If you pass the balanced budget amendment within two weeks we will go along with it. Again, that is like saying if you can make every ocean in the world turn red by tomorrow we will go along with it. It simply is not possible. McCain Knows that, Hell West even knows that. It was never a serious bill only something that they knew would never get passed. It would be completely contradictory to what they have always said "no debt ceiling increase". You know that I am right. You have been listening to them.

This is what is happening.
That's just more hot air from you. That's what I know. The Dems and President don't want to compromise.
They want more borrowing more taxing and more spending. Why is Obamacare off the table?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2011, 02:59 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,952,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
You should be ashamed of yourself for making ignorant statements like that. I can understand if you don't agree with people's political stance but to call a group of AMERICANS "terrorists" just because you don't like them and you're angry that they won't give in to your political desires is offensive and shows a complete lack of integrity. You should be ashamed of yourself, seriously.
You be ashamed of yourself for supporting them. They are economic terrorists. There goal is tear down the govt. and start out fresh to remake it into something that think existed 200 years ago. Is this wrong. Have I been listening to the wrong Tea Partiers?

There are all types of terrorists. I certainly believe that they are economic terrorists. They are no different than any other ideological group of people that would rather have destruction than cave in one bit on their ideology. Have you not been listening. "It is better to bite the bullet now and have massive Depression and get it all out of the way" Is this not what T Partiers are saying? Have I missed something. Are these just voices in my head. I am positive I can find you T Party members who have been saying that and cite them for you. I could literally do it all day. You guys just have not been listening to yourself.

Old 07-29-2011, 03:02 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,868,998 times
Quote:
I want you to try to follow me here. I feel like I am wasting my time otherwise. 2 weeks ago they added that little item. If you pass the balanced budget amendment within two weeks we will go along with it. Again, that is like saying if you can make every ocean in the world turn red by tomorrow we will go along with it. It simply is not possible. McCain Knows that, Hell West even knows that. It was never a serious bill only something that they knew would never get passed. It would be completely contradictory to what they have always said "no debt ceiling increase". You know that I am right. You have been listening to them.

This is what is happening.

Apparently, that little item is not so little? I don't have a cartoon so I'm not sure you'll get it but...the world doen't end on Aug 2. If they agreed to a balanced budget deal on that date we would still be fine for the 2 weeks it took to pass it.

We have been told our credit rating will fall if we don't raise the debt ceiling but ALSO if we don't rein in spending. If we raise the ceiling without cutting to the point that we are still spending more than we take in we have our credit rating drop anyway. I don't understand why this is so tough for some people to get. Those on the right know that if we raise the ceiling without the cuts we are going to tumble with the credit rating.

42,732 posts, read 29,889,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Who says, S&P and Moodys credit rating agencies, that is who. How have you missed that?
Deal or no deal our AAA rating is toast- MSN Money

Real cuts vs. IMAGINARY cuts? Real cuts are not those already forcasted as diminished debt via attrition (gov. employee retirement, wind down of Iraq/Afghanistan wars, etc... .) These are not subjective terms I'm using.
I'd actually read that article before you linked to it. It's funny how different perspectives read different things into the same article. I think the article pretty much supported my viewpoint. As for the $4 trillion, I don't think S&P were dictating terms, and they certainly didn't specify what those $4 trillion cuts should be, as in whether they should be REAL cuts or not. The S & P, more than anybody, appreciates the tricks of accounting, and cuts, already forecast or not, are still cuts.

At any rate, the thrust of the article was on the divisiveness in Congress and how that has a very real, very destructive impact on our economy.

12,436 posts, read 11,952,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
That's just more hot air from you. That's what I know. The Dems and President don't want to compromise.
They want more borrowing more taxing and more spending. Why is Obamacare off the table?
The T Party never wanted to compromise on raising the Debt Ceiling and you know it. They have been saying that all alone. Tell me I am wrong and I can provide you with cites to show that I am right. You can't win this argument, but I would like you to see what I am talking about.

5,915 posts, read 4,814,595 times
Quote:
You be ashamed of yourself for supporting them. They are economic terrorists. There goal is tear down the govt. and start out fresh to remake it into something that think existed 200 years ago. Is this wrong. Have I been listening to the wrong Tea Partiers?
They don't want to tear it down. They want to shrink it down by cutting the credit card. Which is long overdue.

45,584 posts, read 27,203,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
I would gladly take a small tax hike if ObamaCare was on the chopping block.

Old 07-29-2011, 03:03 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,562,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
What are you talking about? I'm not saying we shouldn't reduce spending. I'm saying the dumb CCB Bill that the House knew would be shot down was not a legitimte bill. The House did not pass it as a compromise, they passed it for political reasons, knowing the Senate would not agree to it. Passing a bill with an Amendment requirement 2 weeks before default is absurdly retarded.
Remember we are talking about repubs here. they have never been known to be smart. Look what they did during the Bush administration.

Old 07-29-2011, 03:04 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,855,128 times
Quote:

There are all types of terrorists. I certainly believe that they are economic terrorists. They are no different than any other ideological group of people that would rather have destruction than cave in one bit on their ideology. Have you not been listening. "It is better to bite the bullet now and have massive Depression and get it all out of the way" Is this not what T Partiers are saying? Have I missed something. Are these just voices in my head. I am positive I can find you T Party members who have been saying that and cite them for you. I could literally do it all day. You guys just have not been listening to yourself.
I don't just support them, I'm one of them and I have no goal of tearing down the gov. and starting over... yes, you apparently have been listening to the wrong people.

I'm a hard working, tax paying American citizen who fought for my country and cares about it's future. We may have differences of opinions on that future but for you to call me a terrorist is offensive and moronic.

Old 07-29-2011, 03:04 PM

37,982 posts, read 22,163,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Wrong again.. they were wiling to raise the debt ceiling if you had a plan to SERIOUSLY manage your spending problem... apparently you think an unlimited debt ceiling is a good thing... that is until you can't pay the interest on the debt anymore because you borrowed to much... do you even REALIZE how painful it would be at that point? Do you have ANY clue at all? Cause it doesn't seem like it...
Amazing, isn't it? When Bush ran up the national debt to $7 trillion, it was irresponsible, and illustrated a lack of leadership to raise the debt on the backs of our children and grand children, now that the debt is more then double that.... it's all cool, and "Hey! We need to raise the debt by $3 or $4 trillion more"

Meanwhile republicans accused Bush of spending like a drunken sailor, and remain true to their principles against runaway spending no matter who the president is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies