Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 08:19 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,894,387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
What it is for and what it eventually does is two different things. As I said on a previous post it is unconstitutional to begin with so what makes you think they will limit anything they do? What will limit them? NOTHING.
No the committte is to be like a commission we have seen for deqacdes. The difference is that has reorted it will be a up ot down vote on their recommendations.Not unconstitutional at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2011, 09:48 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,180,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
You guys. We all seemed to have jumped to conclusions. The Super Committee is NOT applicable to all legislation in Congress. It just applies to cutting and taxation as regards the National Debt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nr5667 View Post
It's actually called the Joint Select Committee. Super Committee is what the media is calling it.
Quote:
Section 7 - Revenue Bills, Legislative Process, Presidential Veto All bills for raising Revenue shall originate in the House of Representatives
Both of you need Hooked on Phonics so you can learn how to read and then may I suggest RIF (Reading is Fundamental) or the Evelyn Wood Speed Reading Course to increase your reading comprehension.

All revenue bills must originate in the House. There are no exceptions. The US Constitution does not say, "The House may delegate, forfeit or otherwise shove-off its constitutional duties to a Super Committee."

Old 08-03-2011, 10:24 PM

15,096 posts, read 8,643,669 times
Quote:
With all due respect, It is not the first time this has been done. The first time was in 1987. Look back at my links. Regarding reading the bill, I HAVE read it and I was in fact the one to post the links to it which most people seem to have ignored.
Show me the creation of a past "Super Committee" with such powers assigned it BY LAW? You can't, and all you are doing is regurgitating someone else's false claims that you seem to believe is true for some reason.

Quote:
In fact if you are so sure you are right, what happened to your thread you started yesterday where you told us the sky had fallen? You almost had me convinced after reading that but then I thought I better check the actual bill.
If you employed those research skills, you'd have found "my" thread on page two, 4 topics down. But are you suggesting that where a topic resides in the CD Que riddled with 50% blather qualifies it's truthfulness or importance? Very shallow thinking.

Quote:
Sure enough, you, Alex James and the Huffingtion Post were all reporting Congress, as we knew it, was now dead. In fact Jack Hunter on the RonPaul2012 website their new blogger insinuated the same thing. It seems like NOBODY wants to do their homework. They are content to broadcast their opinion based on 10% fact and 90% rumor.
HUNDREDS of analysts are finding the same issues and conclusions ... not just Alex "James" (BTW, it's Alex Jones).

Quote:
Last night it was Joel Skoussen author of Strategic Relocation who seems to be an extremely reliable source told George Noory on "Coast to Coast AM" that this "super committee" or whatever people want to call it, was strictly LIMITED to the business of achieving the goals in that bill PERIOD. It did NOT affect other bills or new bills.

So this AM I found the actual bill and posted it for everyone. I even posted a suggestion on your old "Congratulations" thread that we were all over-reacting. Then I think I looked to post the link to the bill itself and your thread was gone.
You in fact did post the the link to the bill on the "thread that was gone", here it is: http://www.city-data.com/forum/20300246-post93.html

I'm fond of George Noory, and think he's a very intelligent, open minded guy ... I actually am in the minority in that I think he's every bit as good as the almighty Art Bell, whom he replaced. As for Skousen, I don't know if writing books on how to create bomb shelters, and publishing other books on the "safest places to relocate", and pretty much survivalist stuff which he seems good at, qualifies him as an expert on this topic, and besides, I don't need someone to "Explain" this to me. I can see what it is myself. And Mr. Skousen is in a very extreme minority of those analyzing this matter. There is far more to it than just the "text" of the bill".

Quote:
Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying the Super Committee is a good thing. it just isn't as far reaching as everyone was thinking it was.
Don't get you wrong? You sound like a used car salesman selling this bill ... oh relax .. everyone's over reacting ... this little baby was only driven by a little old lady to church on Sundays ... and all of the miles are highway miles

I've got news for you ... the creation of this "Super Congress" isn't making "recommendations" they are creating legislation behind closed doors amongst a tiny little cabal of hand selected crooks. And it isn't just 12 crooks ... just 7 crooks ..... it takes only 7 of the 12 members of the Super Congress to form a quorum .... did you read that part of the Bill, Emily?

So, now we have the "Council of 13" which by clause of the bill allows for 7 of those 12 congressional members to form a quorum making it the "Super 7" congress.

This is just a type of minor detail that shallow thinking tends to overlook, and reading a bill is not the same thing as "understanding what the language means, Emily. Laws are written by lawyers, and the language of law isn't the same as your basic street English.

Old 08-03-2011, 10:36 PM

954 posts, read 1,281,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Both of you need Hooked on Phonics so you can learn how to read and then may I suggest RIF (Reading is Fundamental) or the Evelyn Wood Speed Reading Course to increase your reading comprehension.

All revenue bills must originate in the House. There are no exceptions. The US Constitution does not say, "The House may delegate, forfeit or otherwise shove-off its constitutional duties to a Super Committee."
Originate simply means it is sponsored by that a member of the house. What makes you think the committee members from the house won't sponsor the bill?

Further, that states "revenue bills," if this is just a budget bill, then it is not a revenue bill, now is it?

Old 08-03-2011, 11:35 PM

15,096 posts, read 8,643,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post

Isn't it amazing? Every day I wake up, it seems to be getting worse. How plainly clear must something be for the "masses" to "get it"?

The obvious usurpation of the powers of our (supposed) elected officials in the House, stripping the 435 of legislative authority and concentrating the power in the hand of 12 (actually 7 individuals) is a direct frontal assault on the constitution. Actually, just the latest salvo in a continuous attack that has been going on for quite a while.

And I want to scream when I hear .... "but the whole congress still votes on what the committee "recommends"! Recommends? They aren't making "recommendations" ... they are presenting bills to the rest of congress with an ultimatum ... either pass this bill as is, no changes, no debate, no amendments ... AS IS ... or suffer the consequences of the automatic cuts in spending which we the committee will decide what gets cut. Not exactly democratic is it?

I can speculate how this will play out based on the history of these criminals so far .... the Super Congress assembles their "Bill" (it's really not theirs .. these 12 stuffed suits will be handed "their Bill" of 1000 to 2000 pages for which they will lay in the laps of the rest of congress who will only be briefed as to what is actually in the Bill ... and told to vote yes or no. If they vote yes ... the criminals get everything they want (everything in the Bill which is not subject to debate or amendment). If the Congress votes no .. the committee throws grandma out of the retirement home and into the street as they cut medicare and social security like they are butchering a hog .... of course, congress has already been warned that this is what will be done ... so they can commit political suicide by voting no ... or just rubber stamp what ever monstrosity is placed before them. What's your guess as to what they'll do?

This crap is so bloody transparent ... there's just no excuse for such ignorance. None ... not poor education ... fluoride in the water .... nothing excuses this level of blindness.

Given the numbers they are dealing with .... 1.2 Trillion to be cut over he next 10 years is L A U G H A B L E when considering we are running a 1.5 Trillion deficit annually, which is only going to get worse, because conquering the world one country at a time is expensive business.

And it pales in comparison to the 16 Trillion handed to the banker gangsters over the past few years.

It's a joke .... an 6 year old knows better than to continue sticking their hand on a hot stove ... over and over again.

I swear ... if you moved some of these people's dinner tables into another room, they might starve to death before they figured out what happened.

Old 08-04-2011, 12:11 AM

954 posts, read 1,281,607 times
Quote:
And I want to scream when I hear .... "but the whole congress still votes on what the committee "recommends"! Recommends? They aren't making "recommendations" ... they are presenting bills to the rest of congress with an ultimatum ... either pass this bill as is, no changes, no debate, no amendments ... AS IS ... or suffer the consequences of the automatic cuts in spending which we the committee will decide what gets cut. Not exactly democratic is it?
I'm not sure how many more times I'll try to explain this, but congress with a simple majority can remove the automatic cut.

Old 08-04-2011, 02:30 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,480,300 times
You people seem to be falling all over yourselves to elect a dictator as fast as possible. I was kidding when I said you need a altruistic dictator, they don't exist.

You can't (meaning not ever) disenfranchise people any faster than to order their elected representative null and void through some super congress.

And if you do, it says volumes about what type of person you really are and how much you really cared about those 2008 homeless voter drives.

If there are any history books left in the future, this will be the point that they call "the death of America."

This is the Enabling Act of 2011.

Last edited by BigJon3475; 08-04-2011 at 03:25 AM..

Old 08-04-2011, 03:27 AM

782 posts, read 1,109,470 times
Does the fact that the President sits on this committee and is the tie breaker vote scare you at all?? Where does it say the President ever "votes" on anything legislative? May sound simplistic...but say that to yourself several times. It's just wrong...veto power yes, but he has inserted himself into OUR arm of the government.

Old 08-04-2011, 03:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Isn't it amazing? Every day I wake up, it seems to be getting worse. How plainly clear must something be for the "masses" to "get it"?
It is, and always will be, till the end of space-time.

You're just starting to notice, in everyday life, that energy travels from where it is to where it isn't and it goes in one direction and one direction only. In the beginning was complete order and in the end is complete chaos. It is also never created or destroyed it only changes forms.

Those are the laws that govern everything around you and in the expansion of space-time that it just took me to write this, and the energy I exerted in doing so, I lost that fraction of time of my life and that energy/space-time relationship was diluted just a tad bit more.

We change only the perception that things are getting better by finding more and more resources. If someone else has those resources we fight them for dominance over those resources.

Old 08-04-2011, 03:38 AM

Quote:
NAZI ENABLING ACT
"Law Concerning the Solving of the Emergency of the People and the Reich, 24 March 1933"

The Reichstag has issued the following decree, which is hereby announced with the agreement of the Reich Council, after having ensured that the necessary legal constitutional amendments have been made:

Article 1 - Laws of the Reich can be passed by the government, in addition to the procedure laid down in the constitution of the Reich. This also applies to laws covered by Articles 85, para. 2, and 87 of the Reich constitution.

Article 2 - The laws passed by the Reich government do not have to adhere to the constitution provided that the institutions of the Reichstag and Reichsrat have no objection. The rights of the President of the Reich remain unaffected.

Article 3 - The laws passed by the government of the Reich will be drafted by the Chancellor and announced in the Law Gazette. They will apply, provided that no other provision is made, from the day following their publication. Articles 68-77 of the constitution do not apply to the laws passed by the government of the Reich.

Article 4 - Treaties agreed by the Reich with foreign states, which concern the constitutional affairs of the Reich, do not require the consent of the legislative institutions. The government of the Reich will issue the necessary instructions for the implementation of these treaties.

Article 5 - This law applies from the day of its publication. It will expire on 1 April 1937; it will also be annulled if the present government of the Reich is replaced by another.
Enabling Act

Last edited by BigJon3475; 08-04-2011 at 03:55 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies