Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 04:58 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,191,991 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newhandle View Post
Oh please. Talk about financial illteracy...like the GOP which doesn't think the US should pay its debt or housing - the GOP supported this entirely and Bush signed it.
No one suggested the US shouldnt pay its debts. Will you stop with the hyperbold and try to have a serious discussion.

Thread isnt about the GOP, nor the tea partiers.. stop hijacking my thread to spread your hate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2011, 05:01 PM

269 posts, read 256,209 times
Responsible politicans on both sides of the aisle are an endangered species. Sorry if you're figuring that out just now.

Old 08-03-2011, 05:02 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,997,691 times
Quote:
Where are the responsible Democrats?
Pgh....don't tell me you actually believed them?

Old 08-03-2011, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Pgh....don't tell me you actually believed them?
Of course not.

But Obama was elected by the masses because he ran on fiscal responsibility, claiming he was going to fix the budgets, the spending, everything they believed the GOP didnt stand for, and now several pages into the thread, they cant even list these responsible Democrats..

If you cant list them, will they vote for them?

Old 08-03-2011, 06:53 PM

46,334 posts, read 27,171,704 times
Quote:
Oh please. Talk about financial illteracy...like the GOP which doesn't think the US should pay its debt or housing - the GOP supported this entirely and Bush signed it.
Who owned the house and senate the last 2 years of Bush?

Old 08-03-2011, 07:00 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,883,864 times
Well... promises... promises... we hope they keep them but instead they break them... you think Americans would learn after all the broken promises but no, I guess they wanted to hope things will be different... that's just foolish... I haven't met a politician I didn't want to toss in the middle of the ocean...

Old 08-03-2011, 07:05 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,844,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I look back at the 2008 elections and I remember hearing all of the responsible things that the Democrats supported. Cutting spending, going through the budget, line by line, cutting waste, fraud, abuse. They were voting against the out of control spending, the massive budget increases, the deficits, the debt.

Now 4 years later, we have a complete opposite call from Democrats, that if you believe in cutting spending, you are a terrorist. If you oppose increasing the debt, you want to bankrupt the country.

Why the 180 Democrats? You cant tell me its because of the economy, because the economy in 2008 sucked just as much.

‪Jonathan King - Everyone's Gone To The Moon‬‏ - YouTube They have all left the building.

Old 08-03-2011, 07:37 PM

147 posts, read 371,757 times
What I find ridiculous is that neither party is truly embracing a plan to address rising health care costs, aka the most problematic issue in addressing our debts. The Tea Party plan consists of shifting the cost to the individual and or state via medicaid or a voucher system. That may fix the federal problem by cost shifting, but it won't fix individual or state debt issues. We need to either agree to some sort of national health care system or we need to move to an a la carte system where insurance covers only catastrophic care and everything else is out of pocket. This private/public mix we have currently is not going to be fixed by cutting discretionary spending.

Old 08-03-2011, 07:56 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,913,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
As far as I know the Tea want our budget balanced by cutting spending.
LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
Of course everyone wants their projects funded. The only difference is that the Tea Party wants to balance the budget which means that there has to be some choices as to what actually does get funded.
Yeah, right. See my comments at the end of this post.

Quote:
What hogwash. Fact is both parties especially the Tea folks are for unnecessary spending for their pet projects. I notice South Carolina's GOP Tea folks don't want to cut their govt. handouts and Cantor and conservative Virginian's sure don't want to stop getting Federal money so they can refurbish the waterfront at Va. Beach. Why should someone in Nevada pay to support Va. tourism?
Exactly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
PARTICULAR spending, not anything they like. As the saying goes, the devil is in the details.
Casper
Too true. See below:

FAA Debate Puts Subsidized Rural Airports At Risk : NPR

Republican Rep. Glenn Thompson's rural Pennsylvania district includes the Bradford airport and another on the list to be cut. He says he's as fiscally conservative as anyone, but he insists these subsidies give taxpayers a good return on the investment.

What mental gymnastics! Perfect 10!

Old 08-03-2011, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
So you support subsidizing airports? I thought we were trying to be responsible, not cry because someone supports people paying their fair share...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies