Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 08:24 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,813,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
LOL!
Well, I don't take you seriously either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2011, 08:29 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
Where are the responsible Democrats?

Lisa Jackson of the EPA is responsible--for 400,000 jobs "lost or prevented."

Barack Obama is responsible--for the spread of economic illiteracy, teaching the people that wealth comes from greed or luck.

Chris Dodd and Barney Frank are responsible--for inflating and cratering the housing market.

The list goes on and on.
One helluva post. Why did you stop?

Old 08-03-2011, 08:30 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
In the 2008 eelction the democratic party committee chnaged form Clinton centralist to Obama left of the party.It was like wathcing a senate committteee between democrats and republican;they voted stright line if centralist or left .But if you have watched some of the snenate committteee meeeting the centralist have start to excert themsleves agaiun often comparomising with republican son thsoe committeee and actaully sponsoring bills together. They got a claer message in the mid term elctions and it was thaqt republican took majority inthe house. Ist the deep increrases republicans made in the state houses . That is where all politcal shifts that last come form and a reaso they say "all politics is local".

Old 08-03-2011, 08:45 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
Well, I don't take you seriously either.
Kirdik, I did not make my post personal, as you did above. I just showed that you are wrong about these TPers.

Old 08-04-2011, 06:30 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,587,085 times
Quote:
LOL!

Yeah, right. See my comments at the end of this post.

Exactly!

Too true. See below:

FAA Debate Puts Subsidized Rural Airports At Risk : NPR

Republican Rep. Glenn Thompson's rural Pennsylvania district includes the Bradford airport and another on the list to be cut. He says he's as fiscally conservative as anyone, but he insists these subsidies give taxpayers a good return on the investment.

What mental gymnastics! Perfect 10!
That's not counter to my point at all. You can be fiscally conservative and still argue for some spending. It just means that you would need to demonstrate why your proposal is a better expense than someone else's. It's a matter of prioritizing. It's really pretty simple.

Old 08-04-2011, 07:10 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
That's not counter to my point at all. You can be fiscally conservative and still argue for some spending. It just means that you would need to demonstrate why your proposal is a better expense than someone else's. It's a matter of prioritizing. It's really pretty simple.
Yes, conveniently benefitting YOUR district, regardless if there's anything supporting said spending in the constitution, supposedly the TP's big mantra. Gimme a break!

You know what they say about "simple" solutions.

Old 08-04-2011, 07:26 AM

59,088 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
There was NO $4t deficit reduction deal on the table. Why dont you stop lying. Obamas own budget proposal didnt implement the budget commissions suggestions, and NOT ONE Democrat voted for it.
And "The plan" was so sketchy (lacking in details), the CBO couldn't even score it.

Old 08-04-2011, 07:33 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,701,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I look back at the 2008 elections and I remember hearing all of the responsible things that the Democrats supported. Cutting spending, going through the budget, line by line, cutting waste, fraud, abuse. They were voting against the out of control spending, the massive budget increases, the deficits, the debt.

Now 4 years later, we have a complete opposite call from Democrats, that if you believe in cutting spending, you are a terrorist. If you oppose increasing the debt, you want to bankrupt the country.

Why the 180 Democrats? You cant tell me its because of the economy, because the economy in 2008 sucked just as much.
Still trying to convince us that the same failed economics that got us here are suddenly going to work? We need to increase REVENUE and government spending in order to put money into the hands of those who will spend it. Herbert Hoover proved that as did Roosevelt in 36-37.
This latest """Deal""" will cost 1.8 million more jobs and throw the economy into a depression and it will be on the hands of John Boehner

Old 08-04-2011, 07:36 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,587,085 times
Quote:
Yes, conveniently benefitting YOUR district, regardless if there's anything supporting said spending in the constitution, supposedly the TP's big mantra. Gimme a break!

You know what they say about "simple" solutions.
Isn't it their job to represent their district? True, there is nothing in the Constitution about airports, but when the FAA took control, it became federal so that's where they go for funding.

Old 08-04-2011, 07:53 AM

9,982 posts, read 13,763,920 times
Senator Jim Webb used to be. How is he doing?

(OP, the democrats are as they always were, independent minded, and so feckless and bickering, but lately the GOP is making them look like Eagle Scouts! As JazzyTallGuy posted, starting with the 3/1 cut to increase ratio was entirely reasonable, and the right thing to do. All the Grover Norquist/Rush Limbaugh disciples could not go for that-too sensible. Even Tom Coburn, budget hawk extraordinaire, realizes that Norquist's ideas are a disaster.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies