Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2011, 07:39 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,353,173 times

Advertisements

insurance companies take care of handing free birth control to women?

I think that it is not very legal but then they plan to take over insurance business soon anyway so I guess we might just as well get used to it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2011, 07:39 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,873,277 times
Don't worry. I'm sure it affects interstate commerce in some way or another.

Old 08-04-2011, 07:44 PM

24,865 posts, read 24,453,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post

I think that it is not very legal but then they plan to take over insurance business soon anyway so I guess we might just as well get used to it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
Don't worry. I'm sure it affects interstate commerce in some way or another.
Read this response. The most widely abused part of the constitution.

Old 08-04-2011, 08:02 PM

1,472 posts, read 2,636,008 times
Default Obamacare to cover ALL birth control pills-NO copay!

Insurers must cover birth control with no copays - Yahoo! News

"Generic versions of the pill are available for as little as $9 a month. Still, about half of all pregnancies are unplanned. Many are among women using some form of contraception, and forgetting to take the pill is a major reason."

This is insanity. I DO NOT want to pay for YOUR birth control! Especially if you and millions of others, do NOT then use the BC the proper way and STILL get pregnant! Plus, imagine how many STD's will now be diagnosed....with the presumed decrease in condom use! Lovely! You and I will be paying for the AIDS/STD treatments that will follow the free birth control pills!!!!

And, if one cannot afford the $9 generic pills...then they have NO right to be risking becoming pregnant as they surely CANNOT AFFORD A CHILD which requires care in amts way greater than $9/month!

Obamacare is A FARCE. There is NO way the premiums will be affordable to everyday citizens with all this carp that is being given out free in the nanny-state Obama has created.

Old 08-04-2011, 08:08 PM

2,713 posts, read 3,031,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowolves View Post
Insurers must cover birth control with no copays - Yahoo! News

And, if one cannot afford the $9 generic pills...then they have NO right to be risking becoming pregnant as they surely CANNOT AFFORD A CHILD which requires care in amts way greater than $9/month!
I wish I could rep you a million times

Old 08-04-2011, 08:09 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,644,117 times
Maybe Obamacare should cover sterilization.

Old 08-04-2011, 08:11 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,346,323 times
There are low and no-cost clinics all over that give out birth control. This is a bit ridiculous for the federal government to dictate that this must be covered at 100% with no copay. Reminds me of the Illinois mandate that requires all insurance to cover infertility treatments which run into the tens of thousands of dollars. We all get to pay for that as well.

Insurance needs to return to its original intent.... coverage for major medical catastrophes. Not complete coverage for every bump, bruise, and hiccup. This only adds to the already astronomical costs of coverage.

Old 08-04-2011, 08:12 PM

5,637 posts, read 6,535,187 times
This is an outrage!

Old 08-04-2011, 09:24 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,894,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Maybe Obamacare should cover sterilization.
Now that would get my vote. Better yet, require both males and females who receive government aid to appear at a clinic every three months for a depo provera shot for the duration of their time on welfare. No shot, no check.

Old 08-04-2011, 09:37 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,795,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post

You don't get nothing for nothing. We will all pay higher premiums as a result.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies