Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 03:36 PM

3,135 posts, read 3,794,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maja View Post
That's probably why we see so many Jewish Mobs attacking random Germans too...oh wait, we don't.

Exactly.....I get so sick and tired of the excuses, "I can't do this or I can't do that, because of The Man". "White people are holding us down". Meanwhile as your example illustrates...Jews have long since moved on and made a life for themselves without asking for a damn thing or attacking Germans, or seeking supposed past monies owed.....

Old 08-05-2011, 03:39 PM

2,154 posts, read 4,437,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenDullesMJ12 View Post
I think most people believe that the reason we are seeing so much senseless crimes in some black communities is because there is anger/resentment about black slavery and the 60's race laws. Some have said that the mob violence with no real purpose comes from hatred based on what happened in the past which fuels some people to commit a lot of attacks and murders. We have especially seen this in inner cities like Philly where gun crime is through the roof and Baltimore. If there is a concerted effort by a significant number of white people to say "sorry" and even give reparations out of their own pockets to help black people do you think it will cause those crimes to go down? This is an idea based on a group from Memphis that wants to say forgiveness.

United in prayer: March honors legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. » The Commercial Appeal
Um, what the hell am I supposed to say sorry for? I wasn't one of the racist idiots who treated people of color like that. Although I wish it would have never and should have NEVER happened, I am not going to apologize for something I had nothing to do with.

My family didn't even come here until 1918 & 1922 (legally) and they didn't own any slaves.

Old 08-05-2011, 03:39 PM

15,851 posts, read 35,225,455 times
Quote:
Standing near the entrance to Downtown's Clayborn Temple Sunday evening, Nina Tayloe grabbed the hands of 75-year-old Brown Berry, dropped to her knees and cried out for forgiveness.
"Forgive me," she said. "Forgive me on behalf of my family for the ugliness of that time ... but praise God, we have a beautiful Lord who brings about hope and restoration." Berry, a young black man in Memphis during the civil rights movement and sanitation workers strike, nodded his head in acceptance and embraced the 59-year-old white woman.
You've got to be kidding me. Have some pride, for god's sake.

After we get done with the black people, I guess we'll have to move on and apologize to the Jews. Everybody is going to have to apologize to the Jews. Heavens, it's going to take a while.

20yrsinBranson

Old 08-05-2011, 03:40 PM

810 posts, read 840,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
the problem is blatant discrimination in places like milwaukee.

a survey showed a white admitted felon with no degree got more call backs then a black college graduate with no criminal record.

that shows me the system is rigged.
Those kind of business that have a prejudiced and favoritism system should be protested.

5,094 posts, read 5,453,428 times
What I want to know is how a group can feel anger for something they never actually experienced? This is the most ridiculous thing I have seen. As for the women in this article, she is a twit who has some serious mental problems.

45,356 posts, read 26,621,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
the problem is blatant discrimination in places like milwaukee.

a survey showed a white admitted felon with no degree got more call backs then a black college graduate with no criminal record.

that shows me the system is rigged.
gee all of one survey told you this?

dig a little deeper lol

Old 08-05-2011, 03:43 PM

2,154 posts, read 4,437,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
You've got to be kidding me. Have some pride, for god's sake.

After we get done with the black people, I guess we'll have to move on and apologize to the Jews. Everybody is going to have to apologize to the Jews. Heavens, it's going to take a while.

20yrsinBranson
Besides, wasn't it black slave owners that sold other black men into slavery to sell to the white man in the first place?

Old 08-05-2011, 03:44 PM

3,504 posts, read 3,937,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOhioBound View Post
Um, what the hell am I supposed to say sorry for? I wasn't one of the racist idiots who treated people of color like that. Although I wish it would have never and should have NEVER happened, I am not going to apologize for something I had nothing to do with.
its not even slavery i think.

its jim crow and discrimination. that wasn't even 50 years ago.

the people who beat the freedom riders, the students who poured condiments on black kids, there still alive and im sure there mindset hasn't changed.

you cant just expect people over night to rebound from that.

id say the gains blacks have made in the past 50 years is more then one could hope for.

Old 08-05-2011, 03:44 PM

810 posts, read 840,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
What I want to know is how a group can feel anger for something they never actually experienced? This is the most ridiculous thing I have seen. As for the women in this article, she is a twit who has some serious mental problems.
It is easier for people to blame others for their problems and remain lazy than doing hard work to get ahead in life. However, by showing a formality like this they won't have any more excuse.

Old 08-05-2011, 03:45 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,875,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenDullesMJ12 View Post
However, by showing a formality like this they won't have any more excuse.
Not at all. It just reinforces the notion that white people are bad and deserve what they get.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies