Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 03:06 PM

810 posts, read 837,486 times

Advertisements

I think most people believe that the reason we are seeing so much senseless crimes in some black communities is because there is anger/resentment about black slavery and the 60's race laws. Some have said that the mob violence with no real purpose comes from hatred based on what happened in the past which fuels some people to commit a lot of attacks and murders. We have especially seen this in inner cities like Philly where gun crime is through the roof and Baltimore. If there is a concerted effort by a significant number of white people to say "sorry" and even give reparations out of their own pockets to help black people do you think it will cause those crimes to go down? This is an idea based on a group from Memphis that wants to say forgiveness.

United in prayer: March honors legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. » The Commercial Appeal

Quote:
Standing near the entrance to Downtown's Clayborn Temple Sunday evening, Nina Tayloe grabbed the hands of 75-year-old Brown Berry, dropped to her knees and cried out for forgiveness.
"Forgive me," she said. "Forgive me on behalf of my family for the ugliness of that time ... but praise God, we have a beautiful Lord who brings about hope and restoration."
Berry, a young black man in Memphis during the civil rights movement and sanitation workers strike, nodded his head in acceptance and embraced the 59-year-old white woman.

Last edited by AllenDullesMJ12; 08-05-2011 at 03:22 PM..

Old 08-05-2011, 03:15 PM

45,232 posts, read 26,457,645 times
Some people are born suckers.

Old 08-05-2011, 03:17 PM

2,523 posts, read 2,204,188 times
no

Old 08-05-2011, 03:18 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,863,104 times
What the hell did I do?

Old 08-05-2011, 03:19 PM

760 posts, read 685,816 times
This is The Onion in disguise right?

Old 08-05-2011, 03:19 PM

37,982 posts, read 22,163,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenDullesMJ12 View Post
I think most people believe that the reason we are seeing so much senseless crimes in some black communities is because there is anger/resentment about black slavery and the 60's race laws. Some have said that the mob violence with no real purpose comes from hatred based on what happened in the past which fuels some people to commit a lot of attacks and murders. We have especially seen this in inner cities like Philly where gun crime is through the roof and Baltimore. If there is a concerted effort by a significant number of white people to say "sorry" and even give reparations out of their own pockets to help black people do you think it will cause those crimes to go down? This is an idea based on a group from Memphis that wants to say forgiveness.

United in prayer: March honors legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. » The Commercial Appeal
What a simp, did she own slaves? If she did, she owes more then a tearful apology on a street corner.

I never owned slaves, none of my ancestors ever owned slaves, so even though i look like a typical white guy, I owe no one an apology for the actions of a people and a cultural time that has long since disappeared.

Old 08-05-2011, 03:22 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,217,763 times
Quote:
Some have said that the mob violence with no real purpose comes from hatred based on what happened in the past which fuels some people to commit a lot of attacks and murders.
I say it comes from ACORN and SEIU

Old 08-05-2011, 03:23 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,940,527 times
Quote:
I think most people believe that the reason we are seeing so much senseless crimes in some black communities is because there is anger/resentment about black slavery and the 60's race laws
Nobody with a brain believes this.

Crime isn't simply about anger and resentment, it is about poverty, ignorance, and a lack of opportunity. The legacy of racial segregation and economic oppression are the issues here, and white guilt that doesn't deal with the structural inequalities that perpetuate the conditions of our worse inner cities is useless.

It's kind of lame that you used a story of people getting together in prayer to support a memorial of MLK as a way to indirectly mock white guilt as a solution to black poverty, which no one really believes.

Old 08-05-2011, 03:23 PM

3,681 posts, read 6,276,435 times
"Love means never having to say you're sorry."

Old 08-05-2011, 03:24 PM

37,982 posts, read 22,163,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunks_galore View Post
Nobody with a brain believes this.

Crime isn't simply about anger and resentment, it is about poverty, ignorance, and a lack of opportunity. The legacy of racial segregation and economic oppression are the issues here, and white guilt that doesn't deal with the structural inequalities that perpetuate the conditions of our worse inner cities is useless.
We need more then apologies from the white people, we need REDISTRIBUTIVE, $OCIAL JU$TICE
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies