Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 04:10 PM

5,821 posts, read 5,311,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
Part? I assume your other half is Caucasian? Perhaps standing in front of the mirror and apologizing to yourself is better lol...

sorry, but had to say it...
Mainly Irish, maybe the beer is a bad idea?

Old 08-05-2011, 04:11 PM

6,456 posts, read 7,022,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
Mainly Irish, maybe the beer is a bad idea?
lol why? I like beer

Old 08-05-2011, 04:12 PM

2,154 posts, read 4,431,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
its not even slavery i think.

its jim crow and discrimination. that wasn't even 50 years ago.

the people who beat the freedom riders, the students who poured condiments on black kids, there still alive and im sure there mindset hasn't changed.

you cant just expect people over night to rebound from that.

id say the gains blacks have made in the past 50 years is more then one could hope for.
Over night?! It has been 50 yrs!! And once again, I and my parents and their parents had NOTHING to do with that! Not every white person was racist or is racist you know

Old 08-05-2011, 04:14 PM

313 posts, read 285,201 times
Is this a joke? What kind of bs nonsense is this?

There was what, four or five countries which participated in the slave trade?

Did the Italians, Irish, Scotts, Germans, Russians, Poles, Swedes, etc participate in the slave trade? Most White Americans are German, they didn't participate in the slave trade.

This is the biggest kind of nonsense I've ever read. Black people in this country have it great where-as any country they are a majority is a disaster. How about reparations in the form of $$ and a ticket to West Africa so they can live in the motherland away from oppressive Whitey? Looks like they are doing GREAT over in Africa - the hotbed of science, art, culture and technology.

Old 08-05-2011, 04:15 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,543,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenDullesMJ12 View Post
I think most people believe that the reason we are seeing so much senseless crimes in some black communities is because there is anger/resentment about black slavery and the 60's race laws. Some have said that the mob violence with no real purpose comes from hatred based on what happened in the past which fuels some people to commit a lot of attacks and murders. We have especially seen this in inner cities like Philly where gun crime is through the roof and Baltimore. If there is a concerted effort by a significant number of white people to say "sorry" and even give reparations out of their own pockets to help black people do you think it will cause those crimes to go down? This is an idea based on a group from Memphis that wants to say forgiveness.

United in prayer: March honors legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. » The Commercial Appeal
Are you for real? Race relations are a serious issue please play with something else. That picture will be used by some racist organization to stir hate in white people.

Old 08-05-2011, 04:16 PM

6,456 posts, read 7,022,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahnyc View Post
Is this a joke? What kind of bs nonsense is this?

There was what, four or five countries which participated in the slave trade?

Did the Italians, Irish, Scotts, Germans, Russians, Poles, Swedes, etc participate in the slave trade? Most White Americans are German, they didn't participate in the slave trade.

This is the biggest kind of nonsense I've ever read. Black people in this country have it great where-as any country they are a majority is a disaster.
Sarah run and get the nooses...we'll start with their black grand ma's. I'll get the wood for the bonfire.

Old 08-05-2011, 04:18 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,371,976 times
Default If white folk started saying sorry will there be less crime in certain areas?

NO that is just ridiculous.

Old 08-05-2011, 04:18 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,543,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cold ethyl View Post
Is this serious? You have to be kidding me. Slavery happened. Get over it. I had nothing to do with it, therefore I owe NO ONE an apology.
While I think this is crazy do not insult by saying get over it. Would you tell a Jewish person the Holocaust happened get over it?

Old 08-05-2011, 04:19 PM

416 posts, read 631,398 times
The elite should get to them right after they get to the Natives, for the stealing of their land, perverting of their culture, and the genocide of their ancestors. But they can forget it, too many prideful selfish people for that to happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
What I want to know is how a group can feel anger for something they never actually experienced? This is the most ridiculous thing I have seen.
Ever read a book? Read some history and learn more about our current system and you may just feel anger too. Especially if you're at the bottom of the system. Unless you are incapable of empathy...or are too busy making money off their backs.

Old 08-05-2011, 04:20 PM

711 posts, read 1,513,661 times
That woman is a disgrace. Maybe black people should apologize to white people for making my ancesters leave their neighborhoods due to increases in crime when they moved in. Oh thats right that sounds as moronic as the OP assertions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies