Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2011, 08:55 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,847,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenDullesMJ12 View Post
They are the same people who defended Bush Jr to the last nail as his crew messed up the country for eight years.
Here .. Read this!

Quote:
The Left would have everyone believe the Tea Party simply sprung up one day in 2009 in direct response to the inauguration of President Obama. The implication, of course, is that since it allegedly formed out of opposition to Obama, it must then be a movement founded by racists.

The reality, however, is that the individual components that led to the formation of the Tea Party had been simmering for years. Well before Obama even announced his intention to run for office, many conservatives were privately murmuring their disapproval about the direction the federal government was headed under President Bush. By 2004, many conservatives had become disenchanted with Bush, especially after sending him into office on a wave of "compassionate conservatism" in 2000. By 2006, the dissonance turned into frustration, and by 2008, the frustration was beginning to boil over into anger.

If conservatives had been annoyed with President Bush for using 9/11 to undertake one of the largest expansions of executive power in U.S. history, they became even more upset when the newly elected Democratic Congress began to expand the entire government at an exponential pace in 2006.

For many conservatives, President Barack Obama's inauguration was indeed a cause for concern, but not because of his race. In the month and a half leading up to the historic event, Obama had been publicly calling for a massive spending package to stoke the growth of the economy. Conservatives were doubtful that additional spending was the answer to the nation's economic woes. Only after it became clear that Obama and Congressional Democrats were not going to reach across the aisle as the president had promised, and indeed were intent on forcing the stimulus package on the American people regardless of their wishes, did the first vestiges of the Tea Party begin to form. The first protest -- held on Tax Day in 2009 -- was in direct response to the $787 billion spending plan approved on Feb. 14 of that year.
See the bold and underlined part?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2011, 08:56 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,499,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
I guess that you just happened to overlook the Very First paragraph of my opening post then!?

Since I didn't write the article .. I went and picked out My Favorite part and posted it first!

The rest was just to tick off the libs!
(And to see their heads explode)
So they're 41 percent of the population. Conservatives have been the most popular ideological group in this country for decades. It's nothing new. Besides, I draw a distinction between regular, centre right conservatives and the tea party. I've learned this year that they are two different species.

I just think its childish to post something just to tick off liberals--that you don't even know. I mean, come on, how childish is that? And its a waste of time because you posted news that is no surprise to any of us. *yawn* And on that note, good night.

mackinac

Old 08-06-2011, 09:00 PM

810 posts, read 840,101 times
There is a difference between a conservative and a Republican. Are you telling it took eight years for them to finally wake up? How convenient, just in time when a Democrat became president. When their murmurs lead to a weak populist movement that are now allegedly against what they quietly supported for all those years, it screams of hypocrisy and weakness. They did not have the guts to stand against Bush because they were simply ditto heads who did not want to be branded heretics. Now the Tea Party movement is a republican grass roots movement and once they elect another republican as president they will all of a sudden return to the complacent manner as they were in the Bush years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post

I just think its childish to post something just to tick off liberals--that you don't even know. I mean, come on, how childish is that? And its a waste of time because you posted news that is no surprise to any of us. *yawn* And on that note, good night.

mackinac
Okay .. It's childish but .. it's also fun!

(That usually earns me the Ignore button)

4,696 posts, read 5,839,906 times
I would consider myself as part of this trend. The debt deal was the changing event for me. I saw that mainstream Republicans were not really any different than Democrats when it comes to (not) cutting spending.

When Dems and Reps joined together as a team to demonize the tea party it totally backfired on me. I have nothing in common with and can not relate to the Reps who voted for the debt deal...the "this is is the best we can do" crowd. They are not serious at all about cutting spending. When John McCain was bashing the tea party I realized I dislike him just as much as Obama. I no longer consider myself a Republican, I am a tea party conservative.

Looking back at the fear monging of Dems and non-tea party Reps I stand by this decision all the more. They said if we dont pass the deal the stock market will go down, we will lose our AAA credit rating, etc. Yet it all happened after the deal passed and what a horrible deal it was....tons of new debt with only imaginary spending cuts. Basically any Republican who voted for the deal disgusts me and I will never trust a word they say again. I am no longer a GOP cheerleader. It's all about the tea party now.

Old 08-06-2011, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
Basically any Republican who voted for the deal disgusts me and I will never trust a word they say again. I am no longer a GOP cheerleader. It's all about the tea party now.
Do you believe a Tea Party will exist when a republican gets elected as president? Lets be honest, their whole purpose is to criticize the opposing party and pretend like it is a rebirth of the conservative movement, when in reality is a slick ploy to grab more suckers who may have become dissatisfied during the Bush years.

Old 08-06-2011, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
I would consider myself as part of this trend. The debt deal was the changing event for me. I saw that mainstream Republicans were not really any different than Democrats when it comes to (not) cutting spending.

When Dems and Reps joined together as a team to demonize the tea party it totally backfired on me. I have nothing in common with and can not relate to the Reps who voted for the debt deal...the "this is is the best we can do" crowd. They are not serious at all about cutting spending. When John McCain was bashing the tea party I realized I dislike him just as much as Obama. I no longer consider myself a Republican, I am a tea party conservative.

Looking back at the fear monging of Dems and non-tea party Reps I stand by this decision all the more. They said if we dont pass the deal the stock market will go down, we will lose our AAA credit rating, etc. Yet it all happened after the deal passed and what a horrible deal it was....tons of new debt with only imaginary spending cuts. Basically any Republican who voted for the deal disgusts me and I will never trust a word they say again. I am no longer a GOP cheerleader. It's all about the tea party now.
ALRIGHT!

Another of us enlightened ones!

A rep is on it's way my friend!

Old 08-06-2011, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenDullesMJ12 View Post
Do you believe a Tea Party will exist when a republican gets elected as president? Lets be honest, their whole purpose is to criticize the opposing party and pretend like it is a rebirth of the conservative movement, when in reality is a slick ploy to grab more suckers who may have become dissatisfied during the Bush years.
Are you tellin us or askin us?
(a little slang.. or is that cowboy lingo?)

Let's be honest .. Looks like you answered your own question there!

Old 08-06-2011, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
Are you tellin us or askin us?
(a little slang.. or is that cowboy lingo?)

Let's be honest .. Looks like you answered your own question there!
Because it is more than obvious that's what will happen. Just like we had for a time "peace loving republicans" when Clinton was ordering bombings in Iraq. Then when republicans wanted war all they could do is chant "bomb bomb bomb (inset ME country here)".

Old 08-06-2011, 09:32 PM

32,147 posts, read 15,170,600 times
Extremists on both sides are dangerous and should cancel each other out. The country should be run by moderates who know how to compromise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies