Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2011, 01:43 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,858,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Disgusting governmental invasion of privacy. A step backwards towards treating women as chattel again.
the law doesnt ban abortions, all it does is require a few things be done first. minors need to get a parents consent, whats wrong with that? adult women wanting an abortion might find abetter alternative, such as putting the baby up for adoption when the child is born, and likely the adopting family will pay for most of the costs associated with the pregnancy and delivery. again what is wrong with that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Women that want to get an abortion will get one, this will make no difference except to make it harder for those with less money. FYI, most planned parenthood facilities do not perform abortions anyway, only a select few do. If you think this will actually make any difference you are kidding yourself.
Casper
you speak the truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
How can any of the below, be a problem?

1. Arizona will require a notarized parental signature before an abortion can be performed on a minor child.

2. Women will be provided with full and accurate information by a doctor in person at least 24 hours before an abortion.

3.Medical professionals cannot be forced to perform abortions if it contradicts their sincerely held religious or moral beliefs.

4. Non-doctors will not be permitted by law to perform surgical abortions.
darkatt, you have nailed it again with this post. abortions wont be any harder to get, even for the poor as there are doctors that will still perform them, it just requires that certain things happen before an abortion happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alltheusernamesaretaken View Post
1. It's "illegal immigrants."

2. It shouldn't be too much trouble to expect people to
-a- GET A JOB or ensure you will have a job if/when you have children
-b- Don't put yourself in a situation where you can get pregnant if you cannot meet Requirement A.

Don't even attempt to bring up rape/incest because you know that is not the
majority of abortion cases.

The rest of us are tired of paying for everyone else's
poor planning
and
lack of responsibility.

If, however, you wish to take out that tiny little violin, open your own wallet as well.
I'm sick of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2011, 01:46 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,873,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I don't want abortions to occur but I can't stop them.

I definitely don't want to pay for them through government subsidies.
Great. I don't want to pay for our foreign wars, our banker's bailouts and the Republican Congress's salary. Can I get my money back? Fair's fair, right?

Old 08-19-2011, 01:52 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,570,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Great. I don't want to pay for our foreign wars, our banker's bailouts and the Republican Congress's salary. Can I get my money back? Fair's fair, right?
Apparently the lives of countless children lost in Afghanistan and Iraq are inconsequential as opposed to an embryo. I would have thought that people who are so overwhelmingly invested in the lives of young innocents would be protesting in the streets over this war. Makes you wonder what the agenda of the pro-life movement really is?

Old 08-19-2011, 02:02 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,134,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Apparently the lives of countless children lost in Afghanistan and Iraq are inconsequential as opposed to an embryo. I would have thought that people who are so overwhelmingly invested in the lives of young innocents would be protesting in the streets over this war. Makes you wonder what the agenda of the pro-life movement really is?
This argument is so fallacious that I don't even know where to start. In fact, wars and abortions don't even belong in the same sentence.

Old 08-19-2011, 02:11 PM

1,759 posts, read 2,030,247 times
Quote:
Paying for bank bailouts =/= paying to stop a beating heart.

Sometimes we just have to state the obvious.

Old 08-19-2011, 02:12 PM

1,759 posts, read 2,030,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Plenty of us are totally pro-life:
Anti-abortion, anti-war, and anti-death-penalty.

Next!

Old 08-19-2011, 02:17 PM

6,391 posts, read 5,170,222 times
Quote:
I don't want to pay for them either, as well as CONGRESS's salary, either democrat OR republican. You can have your money back as soon as I get mine.

Old 08-19-2011, 02:27 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,652,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Liberals don't believe in self-control.
Wow, Bristol Palin is a Liberal!?!?!?!

Old 08-19-2011, 02:34 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,134,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Wow, Bristol Palin is a Liberal!?!?!?!
Bristol Palin is pro-life...a much more noble position to be in life compared to the liberal ideologists who believe in seeing how many trips they can make to the abortion clinic. The sad part is, your ilk supports this type of behavior.

Old 08-19-2011, 02:39 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,947,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Bristol Palin is pro-life...a much more noble position to be in life compared to the liberal ideologists who believe in seeing how many trips they can make to the abortion clinic. The sad part is, your ilk supports this type of behavior.
We are talking about control not pro-life, nice dodge and weave there. Hate to break it to you but plenty oung Republicans also have the control of an alley cat, must have learned it from Newt. If you do not think good young Republicans have abortions you are delusional.
Casper
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies