Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2011, 01:18 AM

954 posts, read 1,281,468 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
What type of genius does it take to keep your legs closed and/or your dick in your pants? I don't recall ever receiving training on this. It's just the normal thing to do. But for some reason the ignorant amongst us have trouble understanding this most basic concept.

There's nothing hard about acting responsible, but yet leftist ideologues would have you believe that that if its not taught to a person directly, then we should expect personal irresponsibility.

Disgusting bottom feeder ideology is what you folks promote. How do you live with yourself?
Normal? Apparently not in the conservative states, since they have the highest teen pregnancy states.

Look, us leftist ideologues are just looking out for our mentally defective conservative brethren - I mean, I think we can all agree that after Bush, it's imperative we cull the herd.

There's no debate that proper education reduces incidences of teen pregnancy, which in turn will result in less abortion - and yet, despite all this, conservatives are incensed at the idea of sex ed. It is really quite bizarre.

But hey, you want more suffering in the world, I want less - that's how I live with myself. Now, why don't you go complain about all those poor people with kids on welfare while you cheer on the limitation of easy access to abortion and sexual education.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2011, 01:21 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,134,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nr5667 View Post
Normal? Apparently not in the conservative states, since they have the highest teen pregnancy states.

Look, us leftist ideologues are just looking out for our mentally defective conservative brethren - I mean, I think we can all agree that after Bush, it's imperative we cull the herd.
Teen pregnancy rates does not automatically presume personal irresponsibility. It simply illustrates that a subset of society is not adhering to the overall trend of couples waiting until they are older to have children.

Now, if you can link teen abortion rates to conservative states, you might have a credible argument. So far, you have not provided that.

Old 08-20-2011, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Teen pregnancy rates does not automatically presume personal irresponsibility. It simply illustrates that a subset of society is not adhering to the overall trend of couples waiting until they are older to have children.

Now, if you can link teen abortion rates to conservative states, you might have a credible argument. So far, you have not provided that.
Oh, no, you're right - it's only a coincidence that conservative states are also poorer, and have higher crime rates than liberal states.

That's a lovely way to phrase it, though... Way to equivocate.

Old 08-20-2011, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nr5667 View Post
Oh, no, you're right - it's only a coincidence that conservative states are also poorer, and have higher crime rates than liberal states.

That's a lovely way to phrase it, though... Way to equivocate.
All you've done is throw around useless conjecture while purporting facts to back it up. I've not seen any facts provided to support your statements.

When you're done deflecting, let us know.

Old 08-20-2011, 01:34 AM

It's called google, these are well known facts.

Sorry, but the south screws you guys over, big time.

Old 08-20-2011, 04:20 AM

5,365 posts, read 6,341,250 times
By doing this, I bet Arizona's crime rate will spike in 18 years.

Old 08-20-2011, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post
By doing this, I bet Arizona's crime rate will spike in 18 years.
Why?

Old 08-20-2011, 06:25 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,565,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Which provisions?

Just cause.....abortion is the holy grail for the Left - they want it free, on demand, regardless of the age of the patient.
The holy grail? As a woman you should be disgusted with this. This is nothing more than an effort to control the womans body which conservatives love to do. No one wants it "on demand" but we do want it available to those who need it or want it since it is legal in this country.
As for the argument of teens, you do realise that most teens who get pregnant come from broken homes and having a baby will put them on welfare, something that conservative always rally against.

Old 08-20-2011, 06:28 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
The holy grail? As a woman you should be disgusted with this. This is nothing more than an effort to control the womans body which conservatives love to do. No one wants it "on demand" but we do want it available to those who need it or want it since it is legal in this country.
As for the argument of teens, you do realise that most teens who get pregnant come from broken homes and having a baby will put them on welfare, something that conservative always rally against.
The woman controls her body. If she didn't want babies then she shouldn't have gotten preganant to begin with.
Why are you skipping the woman/girl here and blaming the stopping of abortions at 1/2 of the PP's for unwanted babies ?

Old 08-20-2011, 06:34 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,511,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Let me get this straight. You don't want it 'on demand,' but you do want it available whenever a woman 'wants it' ? The difference between ''on demand' and 'available to those who want it' is ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies