Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2011, 11:07 AM

3,078 posts, read 4,375,581 times

Advertisements

Somehow "Panthers of Color" just doesn't have that *ring* to it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2011, 11:41 AM

3,382 posts, read 4,080,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
This was on the link:

Glenn Beck blasted the use of the term “African American” in favor of “black” and “colored” on his radio show on Tuesday.

"IN FAVOR OF BLACK AND COLORED"!

I didn't listen to his show. I simply read the link. I don't give a damn at the end of the day. People are free to take his advice and say colored if they so choose (assuming that he said that).

I'm just saying that i'll opt out of that myself and insist on being called black or African American. Colored is going to present a big ass problem pretty damn immediately after the word is uttered in reference to me.
It is quite funny that you will argue against a man, but not even know what he said. He did not tell people to call blacks colored. He did say that in Africa they use the terms black and colored, which mean two different things.

Old 09-02-2011, 11:44 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
I don't know if he really said that, but if he did, so what? What is so egregious about it? I agree with him anyway. "African American" is just a term that evolved as a poor attempt to disassociate from previous terms that had developed negative connotations. In time, "African American" will have to be replaced too. As for "colored," give me a break. THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE in meaning between "colored" and "people of color," the latter being used regularly by blacks.
Glenn still has a legion of fans, no matter how incredibly ignorant and bigoted the man may be.

That's what made him popular in the first place: Appealing to peoples prejudice.

Old 09-02-2011, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Glenn still has a legion of fans, no matter how incredibly ignorant and bigoted the man may be.

That's what made him popular in the first place: Appealing to peoples prejudice.
and you have people that agree with you, no matter how bigoted and ignorant you can be.

I know how the liberals like to claim that someone speaking about unity of all races is bigoted, but to me, those claiming it is bigoted, are the biggest bigots.

Old 09-02-2011, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by organicgreen View Post
Those? We are all one or not!
Other countries want us dead!
If we'd stay out of their countries and quit killing their children they wouldn't feel that way.

Old 09-02-2011, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
and you have people that agree with you, no matter how bigoted and ignorant you can be.

I know how the liberals like to claim that someone speaking about unity of all races is bigoted, but to me, those claiming it is bigoted, are the biggest bigots.
That moron has never spoken of "unity", he speaks of divisiveness, including calling Pres. Obama a "racist".

Glenn Beck is one of the best barometers of the Dumbing Down of America.

Old 09-02-2011, 11:51 AM

5,036 posts, read 5,137,483 times
Quote:

Here's a little suggestion for you. Instead of reading just the damn headline, why not read what was actually said and why he said it and what his meaning was???!!!

Try that sometime before you spout off with dumb remarks.

Try the link:

Beck Slams Huffington Post for ‘Colored’ Race Comments Story | Video | TheBlaze.com

Heck, you can even watch it on video if you cant read well. No excuses.

Old 09-02-2011, 11:55 AM

5,036 posts, read 5,137,483 times
Quote:
That moron has never spoken of "unity", he speaks of divisiveness, including calling Pres. Obama a "racist".

That right there says it all. You know NOTHING about Glenn that is factual. I have watched or listened to Beck on and off over the past few years. You dont even have to do it religiously to have seen he speak of unity many, many times. I dont always agree with what he has said, and even he has admitted he's said a few things he regrets or shouldnt have said. But if you think Glenn Beck is some divisive moron, you have never paid any attention, but you simply view that garbage at Media Mutters and the Huff as fact.

Old 09-02-2011, 12:00 PM

Quote:

it sounds like you are the one that is a racist. But that is okay, I wont hold it against you just like I don't hold it against the rest of the liberals that think we are second class citizens because of the color of our skin. I understand it is just ignorance. If Beck is going to preach about not separating people by race, like he did in this speech.. then I can understand how you liberals hate that.

Old 09-02-2011, 12:05 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,603,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Oh, yay.
Does anyone take what that monomaniacal idiot says seriously anymore?
Only his blind followers. After a while, you sort of get the impression that he can't find something substantial to say for his next program, so he goes with the first thing that pops into his head. Thought, rationality, consideration--these are evidently not major concerns of his. (Let a sponsor start complaining, though, and that's when you get spins and back-pedaling!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies