Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2011, 09:16 PM

2,794 posts, read 4,159,799 times

Advertisements

We need to ship him & that OTHER raving lunatic Limbaugh off to someplace remote, where there are NO microphones anywhere withing thousands of miles. Maybe Siberia, or a deserted island.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2011, 09:29 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,143,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KsStorm View Post
We need to ship him & that OTHER raving lunatic Limbaugh off to someplace remote, where there are NO microphones anywhere withing thousands of miles. Maybe Siberia, or a deserted island.
And YOU need to read more than a BS headline. Try it sometimes before making stupid comments. You look foolish. Now go read what he actually said and THEN come back and say something. Reading; its actually pretty easy.

Old 09-02-2011, 09:33 PM

2,673 posts, read 3,251,805 times
Quote:

Yes we do! And let's put those two lunatics who think they are on a mission for God step on the majic carpet to netherland!.

For those of you who aren't quick witted, that would be Bachmann and Perry.

Old 09-02-2011, 10:30 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,222,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Actually, according to the Human Genome Project, all modern humans came from a common ancestor who originated in Africa.

Therefore, ALL Americans are technically African-American and share the same blood, regardless of the hue of their upholstery.

In other words, folks, there are no "white" and "black" and "yellow" people. We are all one. Deal with it. Own it. "Us" and "them" are now "We". And that includes Beck.

I hate to be a dick, but I seriously get annoyed by ignorant ass remarks like this. Yes, humans all share a common ancestor. They also share a common ancestor with chimpanzees, dogs, mice, and everything else for that matter. So obviously, sharing a common ancestor doesn't suddenly make you all the same.

There are most assuredly "white", "black", and "yellow", in the same way there are "humans", "cro-magnons", and "neanderthals".

Here is the definition of "Race"... An interbreeding, usually geographically isolated population of organisms differing from other populations of the same species in the frequency of hereditary traits.

Which simply means, a group of people who tend to carry certain genes at similar rates, but very much dissimilar from other human groups.

Since skin color is caused by "hereditary traits", then it would be very simple to define "white people" as their own race. The same can be said for yellow people, red people, and black people.

Of course, I don't think this classification doesn't do justice to the total amount of human diversity in the world. For instance, pygmies would be considered "black", but they should just as much be considered their own race. The same could be said for many other human groups in the world(Eskimo's/Ainu, aboriginees, some groups of Pacific Islanders, etc).

As for the terms white, black, yellow, red, colored, etc. These are just describing words. If you were to look at a picture of an African and a European, and you were to just describe what you see. There is a good chance you would say things like "tall, "short, "thin", "fat", "light", "dark", "white", "black", etc.

Black people are dark skinned, many of them almost look black. White people are light skinned, many of them look almost completely white. East Asians definitely have a yellow tint to their skin, and Native-Americans tend to look a little reddish. Many other groups look brown.

Most black people don't mind being called black, I am white and I don't mind being called white. Maybe there are some Europeans that would rather be called "Swedish", or "Scandinavian", or something like that. But they should not be offended if someone calls them white, because they are white. I guess a Swede might not like being called white if they didn't like other white people, so they wanted people to know they aren't just white. Because Italians and Greeks are technically white, and they don't want to be just thrown in with all the other white people.

The only reason people don't like the word "colored", is because it has a history of being used in a way that wasn't respectful. People who were "colored" were considered to be "less than" people who weren't colored. But the term itself was not originally used in a hateful manner, nor does it necessarily have to mean anything hateful today.

I mean, if I called an Asian today "yellow", he might be offended. But his skin is part yellow. I mean, instead of calling me white, I guess you could call me light beige? Golden? Fair? Should I be offended? Cause I'm not.

Last edited by Redshadowz; 09-02-2011 at 10:50 PM..

Old 09-02-2011, 11:26 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,270,457 times
It absolutely amazes me how many black African Americans want to affiliate themselves with a continent full of countries within said continent that are pretty much run by dictators: the African-African's who still participate in and make money off of slavery, a continent that is full of "rebels" who cut off the arms and legs of innocent 2 years olds and 2 month olds - for fun and in order to make a point...infested with AIDS and every other disease in the world.

Where's the glamour?

You'd think people would be happy that their ancestors (sold by black African-Africans to people from Caucasia) were forced to come to a country that has advanced over the decades...as opposed to where the "motherland" still stands in 2011, and still back in the stone age.

Last edited by Informed Info; 09-02-2011 at 11:35 PM..

Old 09-02-2011, 11:41 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,681,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
It absolutely amazes me how many black African Americans want to affiliate themselves with a continent full of countries within said continent that are pretty much run by dictators: the African-African's who still participate in and make money off of slavery, a continent that is full of "rebels" who cut off the arms and legs of innocent 2 years olds and 2 month olds - for fun and in order to make a point...infested with AIDS and every other disease in the world.

Where's the glamour?

You'd think people would be happy that their ancestors (sold by black African-Africans to people from Caucasia) were forced to come to a country that has advanced over the decades...as opposed to where the "motherland" still stands in 2011, and still back in the stone age.

Ah, the Michelle Bachmann Platform - Slavery was good for black people!

Got it.

Old 09-02-2011, 11:53 PM

146 posts, read 89,420 times
Quote:
Wow, you're truly witty and brilliant. Aren't you the very same people crying about free speech? And this is how you roll? I bow before your obviously superior intellect. BTW, who's this "we" you speak of?

Old 09-02-2011, 11:56 PM

32,820 posts, read 19,513,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
He goes on to say that people who refer to themselves as African American are "ridiculously stupid"

Proud of Being ‘African-American’? Glenn Beck Says You’re ‘Ridiculously Stupid’ (http://yourblackworld.com/2011/09/01/proud-of-being-african-american-glenn-beck-says-youre-ridiculously-stupid/ - broken link)

“In South Africa, it's Black and colored. It's not a bad thing. Only here (broken link)
uhm...what do you mean bring back....it never left

what do you think the C in naacp stands for?????????

national

assosiation for the

advanment of

COLORED

people

Old 09-03-2011, 12:05 AM

10,181 posts, read 10,270,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Ah, the Michelle Bachmann Platform - Slavery was good for black people!

Got it.
Apparently it's not, not if you still live in Africa, in a country on the continent of Africa, that still participates in slavery. In 2011.

Michelle Bachmann?

You wish all the issues the continent of Africa has are that easy to dismiss. Please.

Grow up or address the points - pick one or the other - stop deflecting. Your choice.

Last edited by Informed Info; 09-03-2011 at 12:19 AM..

Old 09-03-2011, 03:58 AM

3,131 posts, read 9,382,775 times
An AA friend said white folks should be called colored people because when we're embarrassed we turn red and when we hurt ourselves get black and blue. There was much more I can't remember.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies