Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 10:39 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Then combine those bills with Obama's job plan and get it done. Problem solved.
Do you think that Dirty Harry and Prince Barack of Hopenchange will agree to what you suggest? I think not, and that can easily be seen by the fact that Dirty Harry doesn't allow those House bills to be voted on in the Senate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2011, 08:26 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,556,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canaan-84 View Post
Obama did try to compromise, when the GOP won the house he said they'd work for compromise and even extended Bush tax cuts to keep them happy. I figured they would finally come together and compromise since Obama gave them something, but it seems like it didn't work?
You seem to forget, 0-bamas' idea of compromise is total capitulation to any insane idea he proposes.

Old 09-09-2011, 11:08 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,348,515 times
Default I have been talking to local business men today.

After a meeting of business men today the general thought from them is consistent.

Obama is NOT going to tell them how to run their businesses.

Tax credits are worthless when you are not making profits.

If they need to hire, they will decide that.

They also found it funny that Obama said, "pass this bill" in so many different ways.

There has been no bill gone to committee.

I guess Congress will have to "pass the bill, to see what is in it???

Old 09-09-2011, 11:10 AM

27,145 posts, read 15,322,979 times
I would expect no less from them and would be of the same mind.

Old 09-09-2011, 11:13 AM

3,826 posts, read 3,388,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
After a meeting of business men today the general thought from them is consistent.

Obama is NOT going to tell them how to run their businesses.

Tax credits are worthless when you are not making profits.

If they need to hire, they will decide that.

They also found it funny that Obama said, "pass this bill" in so many different ways.

There has been no bill gone to committee.

I guess Congress will have to "pass the bill, to see what is in it???

Just like Obama running for president with ZERO accomplishments or experience. The liberals had to vote for him to find out how big of an empty suit he actually is.

Old 09-09-2011, 11:13 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,617,921 times
I sat in a meeting with high level management this morning and was told that there is so much unknown surrounding obamacare, they just simply cannot take risks right now. We're a non-profit insurance company. Like it or not, when you forcibly take over 20% of the economy it's going to impact the economy.

Best stimulus we could get would be if they repealed that pig.

Old 09-09-2011, 11:15 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times
Tax credits for hiring people is a sham. Just like a lot of other government subsidies, it does nothing but shift the timing of decisions. Cash for Clunkers was a good example of another failure. It just changed the timing of purchases.

Old 09-09-2011, 11:16 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,348,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
I sat in a meeting with high level management this morning and was told that there is so much unknown surrounding obamacare, they just simply cannot take risks right now. We're a non-profit insurance company. Like it or not, when you forcibly take over 20% of the economy it's going to impact the economy.

Yep.

Old 09-09-2011, 11:18 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post

Exactly! Along with other job killing government regulations and mandates.

Old 09-09-2011, 11:20 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,324,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Tax credits for hiring people is a sham. Just like a lot of other government subsidies, it does nothing but shift the timing of decisions. Cash for Clunkers was a good example of another failure. It just changed the timing of purchases.
Have you no consideration for symptomatic treatments?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies