Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 08:36 PM

2,226 posts, read 2,103,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
I called my congressman today. I am a very very conservative republican in a republican held district.

I suggested the House pass Mr. Obama's plan with one ryder. The repeal of Obamacare.

Put the onus back on Obama to decide if his failed healthcare law that even the CBO says is very expensive and jobs killing is more important that putting American workers back to work.

Sure would be nice if they did this.

Its a republican LIE that Obamacare is a jobs killer. That has been a proven false by the CBO...not the opposite. Americans have been losing their jobs well before Obama took office or created a real good health care system....that still needs more improvements like public options to be perfect!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2011, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Three Senate RINOs voted in favor of the pork package (Snow, Collins and Specter).

There was no plan of any sort that could have been put in motion "from day 1" because Republicans controlled nothing for two years. The trillion dollar stimulus failed to reduce unemployment...end of story. Keynesian stimulus plans always fail. There's no need at this point to redo the stimulus just so a failing president with nothing to lose except our money can double-down on a possible up tick in the economy for which he can claim credit.

No they just filibustered everything that was tried.

Old 09-09-2011, 08:40 PM

27,145 posts, read 15,327,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60sfemi View Post
Its a republican LIE that Obamacare is a jobs killer. That has been a proven false by the CBO...not the opposite. Americans have been losing their jobs well before Obama took office or created a real good health care system....that still needs more improvements like public options to be perfect!

I don't recall that big news from the CBO, only their declaration that it would cost much more than revealed with the phoney accounting.

Old 09-09-2011, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I like what you have said. But the ignorant will talk the economy, the thousands and thousands and thousands, of the unemployed, the housing crunch, and those who have lost their homes, businesses afraid to take chances and hire, and some businessess closing their doors, everything i can think of is higher in price, but some will dismiss it, and act as this is nothing.

Vote for Obama, if you want more of the same, most people i know who voted for him the first time around, will not.

Infact they say to me i liked him when i voted for him, but smart people make mistakes, won't the second time around.

Well....to your last line "smart people make mistakes, won't the second time around".......what about Geo Bush?

Old 09-09-2011, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
They have been trying. The senate is sitting on their hands. Who decides what bills are up? Well that's Dirty Harry Reid of course. I guess you should do some looking into what is going on instead of howling about your hero.
Oh seriously....blame poor Harry.....its the teaparty freshmen that are holding up any forward movement in this country.

Old 09-09-2011, 08:44 PM

397 posts, read 843,472 times
Quote:
Oh seriously....blame poor Harry.....its the teaparty freshmen that are holding up any forward movement in this country.
Harry was a coward for not allowing votes on the 2 plans passed by the House when the debt ceiling debate was going on

Old 09-09-2011, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post

and so what? another linkster is going to use that to say that those corporations didn't do what they actually did!!!!! Talk about deflection

Old 09-09-2011, 08:45 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,814,595 times
Quote:
Its a republican LIE that Obamacare is a jobs killer.
Obamacare has brought a lot of uncertainty which is not good when we need a healthy economic environment.

Old 09-09-2011, 09:14 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,370,306 times
Quote:
and so what? another linkster is going to use that to say that those corporations didn't do what they actually did!!!!! Talk about deflection
Proof that your hero is not just part of the things you brought up, but he's waist deep in it! And in over his head regarding economics.

His narcissism keeps him from getting this economy back on track.

Old 09-09-2011, 09:50 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,352,878 times
Quote:
Then why do Obama supporters need waivers????

FREEDOM EDEN: ObamaCare Waivers List 2011
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies