Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 12:49 PM

16,431 posts, read 22,213,195 times

Advertisements

My aunt was born with a weak heart and no one expected her to live to adulthood. She outlived all of her siblings and all of her doctors. She passed last year at almost 103, still living independently (she had a twice a week housekeeper), and still with that weak heart. Only God knows when our time will come.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2011, 01:11 PM

4,862 posts, read 7,968,469 times
I think at some point everyone consider their mortality. You just have yo live until it's time to go. One good eye opener is to visit a nursing home. There are some things in life we have no control over and death is one of them. I'm sure many of us have had times in our lives were we were almost killed or died from some strange happening but it jut wasn't our time..

If you have your health and a bit of money I say enjoy life..If all your kids are grown the goal is to die broke or spend as much as you can. You earned it. If the kids want you to leave them something let them take out and pay for an insurance policy. Other than that go to Vegas Baby.

Old 09-13-2011, 01:30 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,501,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caltovegas View Post
If you have your health and a bit of money I say enjoy life..If all your kids are grown the goal is to die broke or spend as much as you can. You earned it. If the kids want you to leave them something let them take out and pay for an insurance policy. Other than that go to Vegas Baby.
Our children are all grown and independent. The last thing I want to do is rely on any of them and while it's not our goal to leave nothing behind, neither is it our plan to spend it all just because we can.

It is said that "What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas." So if I "happen" to be there does that mean I have to stay there? I can't think of a worse fate

Old 09-13-2011, 01:57 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,821,150 times
Anyone believe in Reincarnation?

Old 09-13-2011, 02:04 PM

12,045 posts, read 6,581,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
I will be REALLY p---ed if there's reincarnation. Do not want to come back and do this all over again.
Next.....

Old 09-13-2011, 02:24 PM

34,105 posts, read 83,042,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
I will be REALLY p---ed if there's reincarnation. Do not want to come back and do this all over again.
Next.....
Not to worry.
Reincarnation seems to only works if you were royalty or some famous person.

Old 09-13-2011, 02:28 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,501,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
Not to worry.
Yeah, like politicians consider themselves!

Old 09-13-2011, 02:32 PM

507 posts, read 1,538,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
It makes more sense to me than anything else.

Things in nature recycle. We are capable of seeing how that takes place on many different levels, so who is to say it doesn't happen in areas outside of our understanding?

Old 09-13-2011, 03:15 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,713,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
Not to worry.
I understand Steven Segal is going to be the next Dalai Lama perhaps he can fix me up

Old 09-13-2011, 04:39 PM

34,105 posts, read 83,042,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrainOfSalt View Post
It makes more sense to me than anything else.

Things in nature recycle. We are capable of seeing how that takes place on many different levels, so who is to say it doesn't happen in areas outside of our understanding?
I largely agree with you... or at least in principle.
The issue is about how we define these "things" that are recycling.

My view is that recycling is rather elemental.
As in the Basic Elements.

It remains to be seen whether what we think of as our consciousness, what scientists refer to as the assembly of chemical elements that are ripe for that recycling btw, have something else binding them together.

And if so... what the elements of that are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies