Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 02:52 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,468,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
The TSA has gone insane.

Young, middle eastern males commit acts of terrorism, not young Asian females and caucasian old ladies.
Don't forget the young children for God's sake!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2011, 05:02 AM

5,660 posts, read 5,089,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woe_is_me View Post
I wish I could get a hold of that footage and post it on you-tube
Me, too! Maybe some "Boom-Chicka-Wow-Wow" music playing in the background?

Marvin Gaye Lets Get It On - YouTube

Old 09-12-2011, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
And you are whiney, worthless, self absorbed, self centered, worthless human being. I could care less what your "online" support is. The OVERWHELMING American position is: MAKE AIRLINES as safe as possible. Don't like it, don't fly.
I know... Let's arm everyone as they board the plane! The old days of "smoking or non-smoking" will be replaced by the new paradigm of "Revolver or semi-auto".

Oh, yeah, one more thing... everyone flies naked. All clothing, turbans, burquas and head-rags included, will be removed at security on the way in and can be retrieved at the baggage claim after you leave your flight.

Problem solved, right?

Old 09-12-2011, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
Since 9/11 I have been STRIPPED SEARCHED, TWICE. You don't hear me or the thousands of other American's who have been stripped searched complaining, whining, or moaning. Its part of life.
Hmmm... sounds as though you enjoyed it? Do you usually have to pay extra for such experiences? (Yes, mistress, I've been a bad boy...")

Old 09-12-2011, 05:18 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,916,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
You have the inalienable right to use your feet and your bicycle to go wherever your dainty feet can take you excluding private and restricted areas.

I travel long distances frequently and have yet to see let alone be checked by government security personnel at interstate rest stops. I guess you live up north where the sexual weirdo gropers live and work.

Certain areas close to the border I have been stopped at Border Patrol check-points asked a couple of questions and continued on my way, no biggie.

Never had to get out of the car...

So you could use a bicycle or vehicle to travel missing all those TSA perverted lesbian women, gay men and sexual deviants....

Now isn't that easy?
it certainly is easy for some people to start giving up their rights, but not for all people.

it isn't easy for many americans to watch yet another industry (airline) being overregulated and destroyed.

americans used to like to travel, and i was one of them. the government has turned the entire experience into an "ordeal" and people have to get to the airport hours before their flight. i have no doubt that all of this aggravation is cutting into airline sales and hurting employment in that field, as well. i guess this is one way to cut the private sector down and replace them with government agents.

if the government has just acted on the information they got before 9-11, we wouldn't be doing ANY of this-especially in light of the fact that our borders are open, with people streaming across them---another problem the government won't address.

Old 09-12-2011, 05:58 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
I will have to add a few days on each end of my vacations to New Mexico to allow for driving time. I wonder why watching a few people get groped and abused makes the rest of the self loading cargo feel safer? I wonder what they would do if I showed up wearing tiny swim trunks and flip flop sandals.

While there are some things governments can do properly providing a semblance of security is definitely no one of them. I think encouraging passengers to being their own guns would be far more secure than a sexual groping and no weapons. The only thing that will stop terrorists willing to suicide to complete their mission is to kill them before they get more them started.

Old 09-12-2011, 06:33 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,729,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Pardon me if I am not shedding any tears over your experience. I saw a lady in San Jose who was being pushed in a wheechair. She had no arms and no legs. You think you have problems?

Take solace in the fact that at least you're not a black american in this country, where you may routinely be given less consideration as a matter of course, not just at the airport.

Until a better system is discovered to weed out the incredibly ignorant and deranged people who want to do harm to others at airports or on airplanes, TSA is what we have to work with.

What, No compassion for Asian people only African Americans?. Are you some kind of selective racist? What do you know about it anyhow? been down to East Palo Alto to scour weed to take back to your richy rich Los Altos crib................

Old 09-12-2011, 06:33 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,168,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woe_is_me View Post
I am mad as s h it; I am a unextraordinary, unassuming young South Asian woman and on yesterday while at RDU I was sexually molested and felt up by this ugly dumb TSA lady who placed both her hands on my boobs and then advised me she was even putting her hands inSIDE my skirt around my hip area she circled her hands all around and I told the supervisor to make her stop and SHE then just said "Shall we do this in private" ? I tripped out, if they do THAT to me in front of 500 ppl, what will they do behind closed doors, I couldnt wait to get done w/ this business and I have been uncomfortable and sad ever since. I am of Indian birth / and dont cover my hair ( no-one there does ) and I was wearing a short skirt and tank top what the hell did they expect to find in a woman who is half-dressed anyway I wish they would get fired but I dont think if I even complain they will listen they might just say too bad or something stupid I dont know if this is a Raleigh / RDU specific thing or everywhere but they didnt do it to me in DC nor in ATL where I connected !!!
Pardon me...

Are you South Asian, or Indian? It's difficult to ascertain based on the fact you stated both. If you are Asian, and do not even appear Indian, why mention that fact?

Additionally, TSA agent's normally don't start grabbing, they advise you what they are about to do and why. If you feel uncomfortable, then you can request it be done in private.

Some TSA agents are losers, some are trying to do a job, and protect people. I however gather from your tirade that you accusing the woman, who may have simply been trying to do her job, of being ugly and dumb? Ugly in who's eyes? Yours? You may appear ugly and dumb to many people, but casting aspersions based on your perceptions is not a definitive measure.

Lastly, you can complain, and if you chose to do so, but do so using a "matter of fact" composition, and explain it with a unemotional statement, instead of the rant I read above. That is of course, if you want to achieve any results and not have your letter used to weigh down the round circular filing cabinet.

Old 09-12-2011, 06:36 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,168,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
it certainly is easy for some people to start giving up their rights, but not for all people.

it isn't easy for many americans to watch yet another industry (airline) being overregulated and destroyed.

americans used to like to travel, and i was one of them. the government has turned the entire experience into an "ordeal" and people have to get to the airport hours before their flight. i have no doubt that all of this aggravation is cutting into airline sales and hurting employment in that field, as well. i guess this is one way to cut the private sector down and replace them with government agents.

if the government has just acted on the information they got before 9-11, we wouldn't be doing ANY of this-especially in light of the fact that our borders are open, with people streaming across them---another problem the government won't address.
Rights? You don't have the "RIGHT" to fly. You can BUY a ticket for an airplane ride from a private industry,and THEY have the right to take measures to ensure the safety and security of all passengers, as does the government, but to fly on an airplane isn't a right.

Old 09-12-2011, 06:44 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,758,329 times
Default TSA Job Posting

Wanted : Do you like the following? If so you MAY be a candidate for our new TSA Jobs !

Do you like groping females ?

Folks in wheelchairs?

How about colostomy bags?

Can you remove falsies?

How about strollers with secret compartments?

Apply today !

Mo******s encouraged to apply...

edit: not a real job...just my 2 cents ad....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies