Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2011, 07:36 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,843,580 times

Advertisements

God .. I just Love seeing Liberal Heads exploding!
(Cleanup in aisle 4 please)

Quote:
Not only are the Lib-Left seriously outnumbered by the Tea Party, at 41 percent of the population, self-described conservatives outnumber both Tea Party movement supporters and liberals by nearly 2-to-1.

For all of his arrogance, for all of his omnipotence, Obama’s big plans for the Transformation of America have hit the brick wall of something admired worldwide: the undying passion of American patriotism.

Little Davids everywhere are shouting to Goliath: “Bring it on, Baby!”

No wonder Obama, boss ladies Michelle and Valerie Jarrett are holed up at Camp David after dancing barefoot with tinseltown celebrities in the White House Rose Garden this weekend!

The glorious truth: Tea Party Movement outnumbers Obama Libs!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2011, 07:55 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,493,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
God .. I just Love seeing Liberal Heads exploding!
(Cleanup in aisle 4 please)

The glorious truth: Tea Party Movement outnumbers Obama Libs!
So, wait, gallup says this:

Quote:
“The percentage of Americans who expressly state that they are supporters of the Tea Party movement is currently about as large at 22 percent of the population as the 21 percent who say they are liberals, according to recent but separate Gallup polls.” (CNSNews.com, Aug. 5, 2011).
and this:

Quote:
“For example, a Gallup survey conducted April 20-23 of this year, found that 30 percent of Americans described themselves as Tea Party supporters. Similarly, a Gallup poll conducted Jan. 14-16 this year also found that 30% of Americans described themselves as Tea Party supporters.

“In previous Gallup polling, Tea Party support hit a low of 26 percent in a series of polls conducted in October 2010—immediately before the midterm congressional elections—and peaked at 36 percent on Nov. 4-7, 2010—immediately after the midterm congressional elections.”

Interestingly, in polling conducted through the first half of 2011, and published Aug. 1, Gallup discovered that 21 percent of Americans described themselves as liberals. That is the same percentage that described themselves as liberals in Gallup surveys in 2010 and 2009.
So that means that the liberals' support stayed the same while the tea party's went up, then went back down again, and now you're excited that your support is only one percentage point higher than liberals? That's what's laughable.

Old 08-06-2011, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
So, wait, gallup says this:

and this:

So that means that the liberals' support stayed the same while the tea party's went up, then went back down again, and now you're excited that your support is only one percentage point higher than liberals? That's what's laughable.
Now, Now, Now .. Here's the Fun part, (which I'm sure you 'accidently' missed) ..

"Not only are the Lib-Left seriously outnumbered by the Tea Party, at 41 percent of the population, self-described conservatives outnumber both Tea Party movement supporters and liberals by nearly 2-to-1".

I am a conservative First .. above all else!

Does that head exploding thing hurt that much?

Old 08-06-2011, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Now, Now, Now .. Here's the Fun part, (which I'm sure you 'accidently' missed) ..

"Not only are the Lib-Left seriously outnumbered by the Tea Party, at 41 percent of the population, self-described conservatives outnumber both Tea Party movement supporters and liberals by nearly 2-to-1".

I am a conservative First .. above all else!

Does that head exploding thing hurt that much?
No, I didn't miss it, but it didn't have much to do with your thread title. So conservatives number 41%. but your main idea is that the tea party outnumbers liberals 22% to 21%. That's hardly something to celebrate, especially as their support has declined since the debt ceiling deal.

So no, my head is still intact.

Old 08-06-2011, 08:29 PM

810 posts, read 838,733 times
What is the Tea Party good for except making "witty" picket signs and voting in limousine Republicans? They are the same people who defended Bush Jr to the last nail as his crew messed up the country for eight years. Now they want more of the same. They are "useful idiots" as with the suicidal liberals for the most part who are only riding the wave of mediocrity and not doing anything to improve it.

Old 08-06-2011, 08:31 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,313,302 times
Quote:
especially as their support has declined since the debt ceiling deal.
Cite?

Old 08-06-2011, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Cite?
The article is the citation. See post number 2. According to this article, tea party support, as of August, has gone down since April. The debt ceiling deal was "resolved" at the beginning of August, so that only stands to reason that part of the reason for their decline in support was due to the debt ceiling deal.

Old 08-06-2011, 08:41 PM

Quote:
No, I didn't miss it, but it didn't have much to do with your thread title. So conservatives number 41%. but your main idea is that the tea party outnumbers liberals 22% to 21%. That's hardly something to celebrate, especially as their support has declined since the debt ceiling deal.

So no, my head is still intact.
I guess that you just happened to overlook the Very First paragraph of my opening post then!?

Since I didn't write the article .. I went and picked out My Favorite part and posted it first!

The rest was just to tick off the libs!
(And to see their heads explode)

Old 08-06-2011, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenDullesMJ12 View Post
What is the Tea Party good for except making "witty" picket signs and voting in limousine Republicans? They are the same people who defended Bush Jr to the last nail as his crew messed up the country for eight years. Now they want more of the same. They are "useful idiots" as with the suicidal liberals for the most part who are only riding the wave of mediocrity and not doing anything to improve it.
Well .. They seemed to do alright last November
(OH .. You forgot?)

One other thing .. before you run back to the basement .. There Was NO Tea Party when Bush was in office!

Old 08-06-2011, 08:54 PM

810 posts, read 838,733 times
Quote:
One other thing .. before you run back to the basement .. There Was NO Tea Party when Bush was in office!
What were current Tea Party "members" doing while Bush was in office? They were water carriers then as they are now. Since 2006 many independent people have been warning them about the impeding economic problems. Back then when Bush wanted to give more tax cuts while increasing spending to astronomic proportions. They did not say a single thing about the debt ceiling being raised multiple times under him. They are hypocritical, slow witted sheep as their leftist brethren. They should stick with simpler issues like gun rights and call it a day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies