Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You Care
Yes! 84 55.63%
No! 67 44.37%
Voters: 151. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 08:13 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,570,059 times

Advertisements

NY Times has a small blerp about it. Nobody cares enough to even make a comment.
Wall St. Protests Continue, With Arrests at Morning March - NYTimes.com

Did you say there's another one in October, HC?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2011, 08:40 PM

5,346 posts, read 4,049,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
I posted a link from Fox News like the 3rd post in to this thread. Why the OP wants to pretend Fox isnt covering it is beyond me When I pointed out that one of the links was from fox news. Then it changed to Fox News isnt airing it only posting on their web site.
I haven't seen any TV coverage except for CNBC... because they are right there...

Old 09-21-2011, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
NY Times has a small blerp about it. Nobody cares enough to even make a comment.

The protests are supposed to continue... as more people become aware of the situation...

Old 09-21-2011, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Point is you didnt have to name the title of this thread after the title of the video. Knowing the title of the video is an outright lie and misleading. But you made the choice to do so knowing the title was misleading. To compare a protest to an actual riot is misleading and dishonest
Tell it to the author of the video... Not me...

Old 09-21-2011, 11:44 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,570,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HC475 View Post
The protests are supposed to continue... as more people become aware of the situation...
You can't invite throngs of people to discuss what the goals are - this is ridiculous. This group needs to focus, prior to sending out invitations. The Tea Party had a platform of 3 objectives, less gov't, less taxes, less debt.

Starting on October 6, 2011, thousands of concerned Americans will assemble in Freedom Plaza, in Washington DC to take control of our country and our lives. We will occupy the plaza and hold a People's Assembly where we come up with just and sustainable solutions to the crises we face and demand that these solutions be presented and that the people's needs be addressed. We will plan and engage in creative acts of civil resistance and demand that our inherent rights and freedoms be protected, and that our children have a chance to live in peace,to breathe clean air, and to grow edible natural food.
Will you stand with us and denounce the systems and institutions that support endless war and unrestrained corporate greed ?
Together we can create the future we envision of peace, justice and equality.
Join us in whatever way you are able - in person or through the online community.
October 2011 | Human Needs, Not Corporate Greed

Old 09-22-2011, 01:59 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,473,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
We already have a cable channel dedicated to showing small groups of people doing stupid things, its called CSPAN....maybe it belongs on there.

E
ntertainment and Sports Programming Network.

Old 09-22-2011, 02:22 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,330,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post

Wouldnt NY times be considered mainstream media?
If so its not to be believed, according to HC475 its all prefabricated lies..

Old 09-22-2011, 03:26 AM

3,993 posts, read 8,929,519 times
Didn't you know ?

According to HC, the mainstream media is Youtube.

If it's not on there, it didn't happen.......................

Old 09-22-2011, 07:53 AM

8,263 posts, read 12,202,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
I go to read a thread whose title is:

America Riots!... Complete Media Blackout on Wall Street

And what do I read?

The OP hijacking their own thread? --------------------------> PRICELESS <--------------------------
He always does that, no real substance to his paranoid schizo postings so when challenged very quick to paste some nonsensical unrelated distraction.

I suspect he has the Rothschild text set to a macro on keyboard for single-press convenience.

Old 09-22-2011, 07:59 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,122,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HC475 View Post
Like I said... The title of the YouTube video is the title of the thread... If you don't like it... Get off the thread...
'Round and 'round he goes! Where he stops, nobody knows!

It's clear now that you're not going to accept responsibility for authoring a misleading thread. I suppose I'm not surprised - at all. Given your history on this board, I would have been surprised if you did.

I see you've taken up the tactics used by liberals when it comes to arguing your point, though:

Andrew Klavan: Shut Up. - YouTube

Did you see how I posted a YouTube video without titling the post the same as the video? Did you see how that worked? You could have avoided this whole mess and all the embarrassment of being called out if you'd simply done the same thing, and kept the title honest. I know, I know... it's a stretch, but it is possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies