Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You Care
Yes! 84 55.63%
No! 67 44.37%
Voters: 151. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2011, 08:56 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,595,103 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
Come on man, you honestly think he is capable of feeling embarrassment?

This is the guy who was held onto his sad thread that Gadaffi was still in control and Tripoli hadn't fallen even as the leaders of France and UK were strolling down Tripoli streets shaking hands with locals. He is incapable of feelings like embarrassment, he just wants the attention and whether it is negative or positive doesn't matter.
It's not fair when you have to bring other threads in to attack someone. If Libya was a done deal, NATO wouldn't have just extended the fighting for another 3 months. Let those leaders walk down the streets of Tripoli without all the rebels guarding their safety, then you would see a truer picture of this so-called victory.
Let's keep to the topic, and not personal attacks on HC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2011, 08:57 AM

2,488 posts, read 4,330,930 times
There was another poster on here who started a thread about this "day of rage". This OP was expecting and seemed rather excited about violence and a major protest occurring...

Old 09-22-2011, 09:20 AM

5,346 posts, read 4,057,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sman View Post
There was another poster on here who started a thread about this "day of rage". This OP was expecting and seemed rather excited about violence and a major protest occurring...
When was I excited about it?... ... I posted a video I saw on YouTube which was significant but ignored on mainstream media... All the usual suspects came out and started trolling... When, if they disagree, they should be yelling at the people who are protesting...

Old 09-22-2011, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
It's not fair when you have to bring other threads in to attack someone. If Libya was a done deal, NATO wouldn't have just extended the fighting for another 3 months. Let those leaders walk down the streets of Tripoli without all the rebels guarding their safety, then you would see a truer picture of this so-called victory.
Let's keep to the topic, and not personal attacks on HC.
The Qaddafi forces still control more than half the country... NATO won't go further south...

Old 09-22-2011, 09:52 AM

15,912 posts, read 20,249,060 times
Oh ye gods now the thread has degraded from it's already low point to new levels of ridiculousness...

Might as well discuss this:

New study: 75% of college graduates are stupid

http://www.makestupidityhistory.org/...es-are-stupid/

We could all collaborate on a new book.....

The College Kiddie Riot That Wasn't

-or

What goes wrong when childish college kids don't let mommy and daddy plan the event

Old 09-22-2011, 09:53 AM

8,263 posts, read 12,226,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
It's not fair when you have to bring other threads in to attack someone.
Why not, it is establishing lack of credibility and habit of posting nonsense. While we're at it, you're the one who thinks that video where CNN report where the reporter got hit with shrapnel in combat then taken to a field hospital was an elaborate staged event. I lump you right with him on the sanity meter.

Quote:
If Libya was a done deal, NATO wouldn't have just extended the fighting for another 3 months.
Nobody said it was a done deal but thats typical arguments coming from those who look foolish from their previous claims, move the goalposts.

First paranoid nuts say: Tripoli has not fallen (despite images of rebels playing in Gadaffi's mansion)
Then paranoid nuts defend this by saying: Libya is not a done deal

Two completely different claims.

Old 09-22-2011, 09:54 AM

3,993 posts, read 8,945,720 times
Ladies and gentlemen, the one you've all been waiting for, put your hands together for tonight's special guest, the use of the word "shill".

It was only a matter of time !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HC475 View Post
Wow... This topic has really touched a nerve in the shill post world of C-D... Calling me out for what?... Posting a YouTube video is proof... Not the corporate lies on CNN and FOX news...
I could also mention the hypocrisy of complaining about the "mainstream media" not covering the events, while also spending most of your time on this, and other threads complaining about how they are all full of lies, and all part of "THE PLOT", whatever "THE PLOT" may be.

However, i'll rise above that

Old 09-22-2011, 09:56 AM

8,263 posts, read 12,226,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HC475 View Post
I posted a video I saw on YouTube which was significant but ignored on mainstream media...
And there is your error, it wasn't significant. There have been bigger protests at KFC for mistreating chickens.

Old 09-22-2011, 10:22 AM

Quote:
And there is your error, it wasn't significant. There have been bigger protests at KFC for mistreating chickens.
Uh... Yeah... It is significant... When the NYPD makes arrests and closes streets so more people can't show up... and will be more significant...

Old 09-22-2011, 10:30 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,595,103 times
Quote:
Why not, it is establishing lack of credibility and habit of posting nonsense. While we're at it, you're the one who thinks that video where CNN report where the reporter got hit with shrapnel in combat then taken to a field hospital was an elaborate staged event. I lump you right with him on the sanity meter.

Nobody said it was a done deal but thats typical arguments coming from those who look foolish from their previous claims, move the goalposts.

First paranoid nuts say: Tripoli has not fallen (despite images of rebels playing in Gadaffi's mansion)
Then paranoid nuts defend this by saying: Libya is not a done deal

Two completely different claims.
You are relentless in spin.
I never said that CNN reporter being hit by shrapnel was staged, I said his injury looked about the size of a mosquito bite, that he had to be airlifted to treat. Why do you suppose they removed most of the videos of his being hit? What were they expecting when they started shooting into Sirte?
If you want to argue about Libya, there is a thread for that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies