Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2011, 10:35 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,554,229 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Since you are going to vote for Obama anyway, I wonder why you would listen to that "debate". I didn't listen and I am NOT going to vote for Obama.
Who said I am going to vote for Obama? Unlike those who say I will vote republican no matter who is the candidate, like yourself, I vote for who I think will do the best for this country. Shocking thought isn't it.

Old 09-24-2011, 10:36 AM

812 posts, read 595,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
You just have to check out many of the topics on this political forum to see where most of the right is at, lots of name calling and hate and topics just meant to incite more hatred,venom and vitriol.its almost as if the right has gone insane.
Booing some one in the military for their sexual preference is really low and shows absolutely no class.
I used to be politically middle of the road but now i just cant identify with all these supposed adults who revert to juvenile name calling, hateful dialogue and a total intolerance to anyone who doesnt think their way,
i've become a Democrat as they make more sense to me..

Instead of incessantly bashing the right how about some common sense!
The U.S. Military is no place for gays. Santorum nailed it in his presentation on the subject. If they want to serve that is find but there is simply no need for implications about their sexual preferance. It is just an attention getting device for lonely, insufficient people. If they were truly sufficient in themselves they would not need the attention. Is what it is, so what.

The United States Military is a killing machine first and foremost that is what it does why it exists. It is no place for the faint of heart!

Old 09-24-2011, 10:36 AM

30,354 posts, read 51,942,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
Oh...Yes, a gay person is defined by his lifestyle!
No they aren't - at least no more than you are identified by your heterosexuality. The only time it really becomes an issue is when others MAKE it an issue, and then they are forced to defend themselves... I have many gay friends, and on a daily basis they're no different from anyone else.

Old 09-24-2011, 10:38 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,044,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Since you are going to vote for Obama anyway, I wonder why you would listen to that "debate". I didn't listen and I am NOT going to vote for Obama.
Quite possibly because they were interested in seeing a possible viable alternative TO Obama.

So far, still nothing has come up.

Which is really, really sad.

The GOP could have this election in the bag, but the people they're pushing for frontrunners?

Nothing but idiots and crazy people.

Old 09-24-2011, 10:39 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
It doesn't matter if it was 1 or 100 that booed. The fact is that none of the candidates stopped the booing or said anything against it. That right there speaks volumns.
Not to mention the fact that other than one or two conservatives like nmnita,the majority of "conservatives" here have either attempted to claim they were Liberal plants or actually agree with those did boo the vet. I would also state, as others here have already, that while it may have been a minority that did boo, if this had been a Democratic debate and a Liberal had done the same they would have been all over this non-stop. I would have been far more proud of our fellow posters had more of them taken the high road on this and condemed those that did boo, guess that gap between us here is displayed for all too see when issues such as this are discussed. Kinda sad when you really think about it.

Old 09-24-2011, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasy Tokoro View Post
Quite possibly because they were interested in seeing a possible viable alternative TO Obama.

So far, still nothing has come up.

Which is really, really sad.

The GOP could have this election in the bag, but the people they're pushing for frontrunners?

Nothing but idiots and crazy people.
Very well said and I agree 100%. Seems the conservatives insist on leaving those of us in the middle with little alternative when 2012 roles around.

Old 09-24-2011, 10:42 AM

475 posts, read 814,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
No, the "crowd" did not jeer.

A FEW audience members did - like one or two.

GOP Debate Audience Members Boo Gay Solider - YouTube

Why does the Left have to be so dishonest, especially when there is video to prove it was NOT the crowd?
a CROWD of 3!

Old 09-24-2011, 10:49 AM

30,354 posts, read 51,942,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stokes172 View Post
a CROWD of 3!
But if it were 3 liberals booing a soldier, that would be deplorable - and you'd all be yelling about how the liberals should condemn such actions. Don't claim that isn't true, as I've been around these forums long enough to know it would be the case.

Old 09-24-2011, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by valerie d View Post
Instead of incessantly bashing the right how about some common sense!
The U.S. Military is no place for gays. Santorum nailed it in his presentation on the subject. If they want to serve that is find but there is simply no need for implications about their sexual preferance. It is just an attention getting device for lonely, insufficient people. If they were truly sufficient in themselves they would not need the attention. Is what it is, so what.

The United States Military is a killing machine first and foremost that is what it does why it exists. It is no place for the faint of heart!
I knew several gays in the military and I can assure you they were not faint of heart or insufficient, being grunt weeds out the faint of heart and while I never saw anyone I knew that was gay get reassigned to a "more fitting" job because of that issue I did see several hetrosexual men have exactly that done to them. I doubt you would call the soldier that was booed insufficient to his face, might not work out real well for ya. I do not know any gays that want their sexuality made an issue while serving, the problem is the military and a handful of homophobes do make it an issue, that is the only reason it came to the public attention in the first place. Good soldiers come in all shades of the color spectrum just as they also come from all shades of the sexual orientation spectrum, the military, if you did not know, is a cross-section of the US population and in being such everyone should be represented if they feel the drive to serve their nation or community.

Old 09-24-2011, 10:54 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,660,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
No they aren't - at least no more than you are identified by your heterosexuality. The only time it really becomes an issue is when others MAKE it an issue, and then they are forced to defend themselves... I have many gay friends, and on a daily basis they're no different from anyone else.
Wrong! They are very different than me and my friends. You're in denial.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies