Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2011, 03:53 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,185,973 times

Advertisements

Some people realize that they will get nowhere with their feeble minds, but bullying will.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2011, 03:57 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,321,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Some people realize that they will get nowhere with their feeble minds, but bullying will.
The Republicans want your lunch money.

Old 10-04-2011, 10:10 AM

4,164 posts, read 6,316,466 times
I'm a strong person. I work to be strong inside of myself no matter what life hands me...It's not always easy to keep picking myself back up after all the "storms." But I take pride in being a "survivor" and push myself to "keep going." I have no desire to "pick" on other people and no desire to make fun of other people in "mean ways." I try to stay focused on being the "best" that I can be...Being a "busy-body" and finding fault with others won't make me a better person. It will bring me "down." I have my own problems to deal with and work on everyday in order to "stay strong" and "survive." If I have an issue with someone else I want to handle it in a mature and "civil" way...I don't want to resort to silly name-calling or "bully tactics" because this kind of behavior will reflect badly on me and bring me "down" in my eyes and in the eyes of others.

Old 12-11-2011, 07:31 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,320,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
Granted bullying has always been around to an extent, but it seems to be spiraling out of control.

What prompted me to create this thread was reading a online article about a kid killing himself the other day after being tormented for years.

What mindset does one have to be in to do that sort of mental and physical attack on somebody for years, driving one to kill himself?

My personal belief is that this is much worse then its ever been, and is proof of the breakdown of family in this country. Parents don't care anymore and won't set the kids straight and punish them.

The behavior goes unchecked so the bullying can continue nonstop with the bullying.

I do believe there should be some sort of serious punishment to bullying, which would finally put these people in line and end it.

Since were dealing with kids, I'd be fine with something to the extent of expelling the offending students from the entire district. Make them feel pain, then they will stop.

this is the article:

Jamey Rodemeyer Suicide: N.Y. Police Open Criminal Investigation Into Bullying - ABC News

The bullies have grown up to become members of the Teabggers and the bullied are now the members of the congress/senate

Old 12-11-2011, 07:40 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Kids have been taught to not defend themselves anymore. "Go tell a teacher".
Well if the bullies have no fear of getting a punch in the nose then they will continue doing what they are doing.

Also, bullying now encompasses mere name calling. "Four eyes" and "You're ugly" is now bullying ?

In our quest to become Utopia with bubbles and unicorns, NOTHING is allowed and everything must be classified and punished.

Zero tolerance gone amuck.

Old 12-11-2011, 07:51 AM

912 posts, read 1,332,011 times
If you do something embarrassing it can all over your school by the next morning.In my day,it was over and forgotten by the next school day .Technology has enabled kids to embarrass each other and I don't see that changing anytime soon .I see all the ads and the new "laws" on antibullying the only this country is doing is creating is a nation of whiners ..Mommy Mommy she's bullying me ..So tell me,where can I whine to if someone bullies me when I am work ??? Adults can be much meaner than kids are at times .Boss he/she was bullying me....Classic ...the way this country is going down the drain.

Old 12-11-2011, 08:02 AM

4,255 posts, read 3,479,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Kids have been taught to not defend themselves anymore. "Go tell a teacher".
Well if the bullies have no fear of getting a punch in the nose then they will continue doing what they are doing.

Also, bullying now encompasses mere name calling. "Four eyes" and "You're ugly" is now bullying ?

In our quest to become Utopia with bubbles and unicorns, NOTHING is allowed and everything must be classified and punished.

Zero tolerance gone amuck.
Thats exactly it. The pussification of America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies