Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2011, 01:34 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,664,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
Sums it up. I don't think that everybody who flies the confederate flag is a racist, and I think sometimes people are too quick to jump to conclusions, but if you hang it up you should expect some criticism and there is some validity to it IMO.

I wouldn't say it's equivalent to flying the Nazi flag, but it is the same concept to a lesser extent.
I watched 60 minutes last night and one segment was about a guy named Pierce who was shot by his 10 year old son. The file pictures showed Pierce to be the leader of the American Nazi Party and it showed various file footage of their rallies. In those rallies, the Nazi flag AND the Confederate flag were flown together and there were numerous examples. They stated that their official stance was for an all white homeland. They didn't want to find their own homeland, they wanted to turn America into their homeland. So what do these flags really represent? They represent white supremacy.

With all due respect, any black family that flies the confederate flag as a symbol of their beliefs is one egg short of a dozen.

It's legal to do so, but it's also legal for me to spit on it as I go by.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2011, 01:41 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,862,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
I watched 60 minutes last night and one segment was about a guy named Pierce who was shot by his 10 year old son. The file pictures showed Pierce to be the leader of the American Nazi Party and it showed various file footage of their rallies. In those rallies, the Nazi flag AND the Confederate flag were flown together and there were numerous examples. They stated that their official stance was for an all white homeland. They didn't want to find their own homeland, they wanted to turn America into their homeland. So what do these flags really represent? They represent white supremacy.
Yeah that sure proves it It can represent white supremacy. It can also not represent white supremacy. Depends on whether the person flying it is a white supremacist.

Old 09-26-2011, 01:42 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,962,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
Yes we are black. But we also are intelligent enough to know that the confederate flag did not stand for slavery, or racism. The civil war was not about racism or slavery. it was about money and states rights.
I bet that flag is a real hit among your friends when they come over for peanuckle, chitlins and chicken. Im sure they do not see it and say "Holla!" and give you high fives do they?

Old 09-26-2011, 01:54 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,296,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I know facts aren't a liberal strong point, but just like liberals wrongly attribute "I can see Alaska from my backyard" to Sarah Palin, when it was actually Tina Fey of SNL that said it, Barack the Magic Negro was first printed in the New York Times in 2008, before the Fox News tea parties came into existence
I think you mean "...Russia from my backyard." but you are correct. Palin said "you can actually see Russia from land in Alaska."

The Tea Party actually started in late 2007, as multiple rallies around the nation were organized to raise money and awareness for Ron Paul's campaign. They actually raised over 6 million dollars!

Old 09-26-2011, 01:56 PM

855 posts, read 1,173,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
Yes we are black. But we also are intelligent enough to know that the confederate flag did not stand for slavery, or racism. The civil war was not about racism or slavery. it was about money and states rights.

correct...states' rights in part to maintain slavery as constitutional...as per the confederate states constitution which upheld the ownership of blacks as slaves in those states.

out of curiosity, how do your white, confed. flag waving brethren feel about you waving that??

Old 09-26-2011, 01:58 PM

34,090 posts, read 82,988,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWhopper View Post
The Tea Party actually started in late 2007, as multiple rallies around the nation were organized to raise money and awareness for Ron Paul's campaign.
Ross Perot was fun to watch too.

Old 09-26-2011, 01:59 PM

3,047 posts, read 2,826,620 times
The Confederate Flag was never flown on a slave ship. The Stars and Stripes was frequently seen flying on slave trading ships departing New England harbors.

The mistreatment of slaves occurred on Yankee slave ships not plantations.

Old 09-26-2011, 02:00 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,938,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWhopper View Post
I think you mean "...Russia from my backyard." but you are correct. Palin said "you can actually see Russia from land in Alaska."

The Tea Party actually started in late 2007, as multiple rallies around the nation were organized to raise money and awareness for Ron Paul's campaign. They actually raised over 6 million dollars!
Haha yes my mistake. Supposed to be Russia. I mean Tina Fey did a pretty good impression, but liberals should know better. Also, I don't think people know that the Barack the Magic Negro thing started in the New York Times, not the tea parties or Rush Limbaugh as the Left claims. It was also Reid who said that Barack doesn't speak in negro dialect and one of the Left's most favorite senators was high up in the KKK hierarchy. But, hey, as long as they are Democrats, they get a free pass. I always said Obama can come right out and if he says how much he hates black people and they all should die, they'll still vote for him en masse and the New York Times and MSNBC will just go with a story like, ohhh he was just kidding, only a Republican would mean something like that

Old 09-26-2011, 02:09 PM

855 posts, read 1,173,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe View Post
The Confederate Flag was never flown on a slave ship. The Stars and Stripes was frequently seen flying on slave trading ships departing New England harbors.

The majority of deaths for slaves occurred on Yankee slave ships not plantations.
wasn't the slave trade abolished (early 1800s) before the existence of the confederate flag (1860s)?

Old 09-26-2011, 02:19 PM

3,047 posts, read 2,826,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chariega View Post
wasn't the slave trade abolished (early 1800s) before the existence of the confederate flag (1860s)?
The ban never stopped the slave trade from New England..it continued long after the War.

Slaves were sold in South America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies