Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support the Wall St. protesters?
Yes 157 51.48%
No 148 48.52%
Voters: 305. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2011, 08:15 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,857,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
Like no one has ever dreamed about taking a dump on a police car. Now is the chance
Cant say that I have.

Anyone that does has very poor upbringing and no self respect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2011, 08:48 PM

2,725 posts, read 5,985,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Here's where I think some of you are missing the point. Some of the kids there are talking about being anti-capitalist (and some of them probably are) but when you really listen to what they're saying, a good chunk are talking more about reforming the system we have so the mega corporations don't completely control it. They want to put the financial reforms back in place that have been gutted over the last 20 years. I think their reluctance to work in the system has lots to do with not trusting it--they feel sold out by both sides, the Obama administration included. That could change if they start seeing some real movement from the White House and Congress.

I'm a small business owner. There's something really wrong when people like me are actually employing local people and paying taxes out the nose, while my tax dollars are being given in big chunks to subsidize companies that hire off shore and pay zero--they give nothing back. If you're one of the majority of Americans who makes a living from a paycheck vs. investments, the jobs are leaving this country and you're left with nothing. My understanding is that the unemployment rate for new college grads is around 20%. I understand why they're angry. They WANT a job, but they're not out there.

You can condemn these kids all you want, but I think you're underestimating the amount of frustration most people have right now with our financial system. I think they've tapped into something big, and I don't think this is going to go away soon.
I think its here to stay until something is done.

Old 10-08-2011, 09:15 PM

2,725 posts, read 5,985,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
What would have been your suggestion, have more stipulations on the banks that accepted the bailout, including telling them exactly how to invest and loan out the money? Without spelling out those stipulations, the only other option is outright government takeover of the banks.

(Power, pure power)

It would seem that your trust in government is over-inflated.

The government has mis-handled far more trillions than have the banks.
(Greed, pure greed)
Wall St. knew damn well those loans were wrong to begin with, are any of those thief's serving time?

There were banks who rec'd the money and never loaned it out, that's what they rec'd it for.

The Pure Power is in the hands of the corporations, who's controlling the markets now.

I am in me wick

Old 10-08-2011, 09:20 PM

7,788 posts, read 8,040,808 times
There is no 99% somebody made it up and the idiots ran with it

Old 10-08-2011, 09:24 PM

20,350 posts, read 19,962,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QZlp3eGMNI

This is some very weird stuff!
Can you imagine what life would be like if THOSE yo-yos were in charge of managing us?

That was painful to watch and worse to listen to.

Old 10-08-2011, 09:45 PM

20,350 posts, read 19,962,643 times
Quote:
newonecoming2; You need a collage degree to do a manufacturing job? What has the world come too.
I never said that. But, if your degree in Woynms Studies or Art History ain't bringing home the bacon AND you're in hock up to your ass with education debt adult decisions have to be made. Such as....get a job, any job till a better one more to your liking comes along.

Quote:
A high School diploma should be enough to get a manufacturing job and with that a position in the middle class.

Having invested more in themselves than a high school diploma they want more than what a high school diploma should be able to get them.
It will get you in the door but advancement to the managerial ranks usually comes to those that excel on the job and have a degree.

Old 10-08-2011, 10:06 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,677,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
They often work 80 hour plus weeks, often have lost severa lfortunes taking risks. They pay by far the most taxes and are often great job creators.
I would indeed admire the wealthy that employ people. Thank God for them, and rather than be an Obama and target them for success, maybe instead use them for inspiration.
Yes, everybody would like that opportunity to work that hard and end up rich. I would love to employ 100 people in a business of my own, if I had one. Most don't get that opportunity.

Old 10-08-2011, 10:09 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,910,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Yes, everybody would like that opportunity to work that hard and end up rich. I would love to employ 100 people in a business of my own, if I had one. Most don't get that opportunity.
.. and here we see them pissing away their opportunity by milling around Wall Street pooping on things and littering ..

heh .. idiots and morons .. all

Old 10-08-2011, 10:13 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,677,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskydude View Post
.. and here we see them pissing away their opportunity by milling around Wall Street pooping on things and littering ..

heh .. idiots and morons .. all
No moreso than the Tea Party idiots milling around with witch doctor signs. Different class of people altogether.

Old 10-08-2011, 10:15 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,910,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
No moreso than the Tea Party idiots milling around with witch doctor signs. Different class of people altogether.
Losers All .. so what's your point again?

The Left has it's own little sub-party w/in a party .. just like the Right .. whoopty-freaking-do .. now they can look just as stupid and moronic as the Right .. pretty impressive shyt ... NOT
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies